Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 1st April 2023

(44 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 01-Apr-23 05:52:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley this morning.
Today will have a breakfast type sarnie at Bicester this morning, return home watch some cycling on TV , then maybe a Chinese take away later .
Take Care,
Mick

Taichinan Sat 01-Apr-23 08:43:20

Good morning all from a grey and murky Angus coast. It's not raining at the moment - we have that to look forward to!
Tai chi with the balance clinic yesterday was a great success They were a very appreciative and responsive bunch and there were quite a few of them keen to get up and have a go themselves - two have even signed up for classes.
Afterwards the three of us who did the demo went for a coffee - which we extended to a long leisurely lunch (as you do) - so it was a very satisfying day.
Today I must pop to the next town to visit a friend who has just had an op for a near-detached retina. She is having to spend a week sitting upright with a ten minute walkabout every hour, night and day. She's half way through and ready to climb the wall I think!
Grandmattie that is so annoying - how can they leave such an important thing (to them) to the last minute?! I hope you can get something sorted quickly.
Enjoy your weekend everybody and Happy Cruising ladyleftfield. Safe journey home Bluebalou x

harrigran Sat 01-Apr-23 08:44:52

Good morning from a grey and damp NE, yet again.
SIL made it back to the UK but developed D+V as soon as he got home. Fingers crossed he will be well enough to come for his Sunday dinner.
Sister and BIL are away visiting their DD and four GSs so no afternoon drinks this week.
DS and family will visit with a few diversions. GD2 is going to a bowling party and will be dropped off on the way but will need collecting around dinner time. They say she will have eaten but when she sees it is duck for dinner she will probably sit down, she does like her food.
I will give the girls their Easter eggs today as they are going to visit their other GPs next week and will be gone for ten days.
grandMattie I would be having a word with my solicitor about the warden, waiting until completion is really not on.
Have a good day all.

BlueSapphire Sat 01-Apr-23 08:53:22

Good morning everyone and Happy April Fools Day from a dry grey Northampton, rain not forecast till this evening, thank goodness.

Had a pleasant morning at our little retail park yesterday, and somehow came away with another pair of jeans. I need to have a cull.... Also saw a top I really liked that would go with some green trousers I have. Not in my size though, so have ordered it (in two sizes, (to get the best fit).

A late brunch of bacon butty this morning, as I am going to see 'Jersey Boys' at our local theatre this afternoon. Shall call into the bank on the way to pay in my leftover South African currency.

Hope all have a good weekend.

Alygran Sat 01-Apr-23 08:53:42

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s dry at the moment but showers are forecast.
A day at the computer for me. It’s year end so charity accounts, a report on a funding grant and set to work on a photo book of my recent trip to Central America.
The garden needs attention but that can wait for tomorrow when it should be warmer .
GM what a nuisance! I hope you don’t need to make the extra journey.
Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Sat 01-Apr-23 09:03:57

Good morning from Shropshire.The rain has finally stopped🥳

I am feeling tired after a busier than usual week so hoping for a quiet few days.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

ginny Sat 01-Apr-23 09:14:34

Good morning. I’ve missed a couple of day posting but I have been busy.I decided a massive clear out of my craft room was needed. Doing well, two good sized boxes of items to be taken somewhere they can be used. No doubt there will be more.
I have also been trying to get some money that I paid for an event that has been cancelled.
Happy news for DD2 who had a second interview yesterday and got the job.
A very excited FaceTime call from DGS 2 to show us the Easter hat he had made and his school report.
Today we have MIL coming over for dinner( which will be at lunch time). Won’t get much else done.
Happy travels to those on the move and kind thoughts to all.

luluaugust Sat 01-Apr-23 09:33:35

Good morning from a grey W Kent. Busy day planned of tidying round before visitors tomorrow, plenty to do!
Ginny glad DD2 got the job, excuse for a celebration.
I hope babydoll turns up soon.
Best wishes to all

Georgesgran Sat 01-Apr-23 09:41:36

Good morning from a wet Durham. It’s like Groundhog Day here.
Coffee with BF this morning, then home to more admin. It’s that bloody rental house again – how I wish it had sold last year. No viewings despite a knock down price, yet a waiting list to rent it. The Agent blamed the economic state of the area.
💐 Madelaine I lost a good friend last month and still can’t quite believe it.
gM I feel your frustration - cart and horse come to mind?

Best wishes to all for a good weekend. X

Sar53 Sat 01-Apr-23 09:49:44

Good morning from a dull and dreary Essex by the sea.

Late up this morning as we are both a little under the weather. DH has a nasty chesty cough and slept late.

All this is very unfortunate as DD1 and her 3 girls are coming for dinner tomorrow before their stay in a local hotel and DD2 and her 2 girls are arriving on Monday. I hope we both feel better by tomorrow.

A lazy day today.

GM I cannot believe that this 'interview' has been left til now. What a muddle. I wish you well.

Enjoy the weekend everyone whatever you may get up to. xx

Gingster Sat 01-Apr-23 10:02:43

Good morning all and it’s brightening by the minute here in Essex. 🤞.

I’ve already been supermarket shopping and now enjoying my fresh baguette and coffee. I phoned Dd to see what she needed but she said it’s ok mum I did my shopping yesterday. She’s a trouper that girl of mine ❤️.

Not sure what’s doing today. Hopefully Dh and ds1 will have a footie match to watch but it’s so muddy , will probably be called off. I like an afternoon to myself ! 😉.

GM what an added nuisance for you, so late in the day.😤
Marydoll will they try again to turn babydoll? Is DIL due soon?

Take care all 🌷

Teasel57 Sat 01-Apr-23 10:02:47

Good morning everyone. No prizes for guessing what the weather is doing this morning in West Sussex. Saw on TV that it is the wettest March for 40 years. Certainly feels like it. I had a very pleasant "smash & grab" in M&S yesterday while the puppy was at the groomers. Latest dilemma is - am I too old to wear coloured socks under trousers? Just can't help myself. A random trolly search is a new one on me Marydoll. Does that happen a lot? With weather like this I turn to knitting and jewellery making to pass the time. We are also binge watching every episode of Endeavour.
A peaceful day to all of you.

hollysteers Sat 01-Apr-23 10:02:57

Good morning Mick and all from a cold but brightening northwest coast. Talking about colds, I’m full of it. I’d been feeling overly tired and yesterday it hit me. Throat in a vice etc.
Had gone along to art just tired, it was collage and I couldn’t concentrate, produced rubbish, before it really hit me.
Cancelled my friend coming over for a meal and orchestral concert as coughing.
Staying in bed with hot drinks 🙄

What a business grandMattie! Thoughts to all with worries.

Ziplok Sat 01-Apr-23 10:09:32

Good morning,

It’s yet another grey start to the day, although dry for now after all the rain yesterday afternoon and evening.
Not much on the agenda today. I was hoping to be in the garden a bit but it’s still all so wet, so other than a little bit of general tidying in it, nothing else will be done.

I hope you all have a good day.

Kalu Sat 01-Apr-23 10:35:43

Good morning all from Glasgow where it is dry with light cloud for the moment.

We have a new gardener starting today. He sounds knowledgeable so, fingers crossed. Now that the weather is a tad milder, I am enjoying spending time in my She-shed again, listening to music, reading a book and the odd coffee, time to switch off. Bliss. A visit to B&Q today for colour inspiration as I like the idea of painting the inside, thinking a very pale shell pink. Something to keep me occupied at my own pace.

Best wishes to all for a good day.

Grandmachrisy47 Sat 01-Apr-23 10:53:02

Late this morning. Visited a friend last evening had some wine, walked home and settled down to watch Pretty Woman, love that film and the soundtrack.
🤞for babydoll. How frustrating GM.
Email to say my second sofa is arriving on Tuesday. After the debacle before Christmas of poor quality sofas from a large, supposedly reputable company I’m so pleased with the quality of the new ones and speed of delivery. Four weeks from choosing, buying to delivery.
Have a good weekend all, hopefully April will bring warmer, drier weather.

Blossoming Sat 01-Apr-23 11:39:10

Good morning everyone. It’s dry with thick clouds in my corner of Lancashire. We have been out watching the steam trains, back now for a sandwich and a cup of soup. The sun is just peeking out. I need to finish deep cleaning the kitchen this afternoon but could be tempted outside instead grin

Enjoy your Saturday all.

grandMattie Sat 01-Apr-23 11:55:41

The interview is after the solicitors received the management pack, which in turn took forever to be dealt with. To her credit, my solicitor has been brilliant.
I’m sending a letter asking for a very rapid interview, by zoom or phone! Also pleading homelessness…

multicolourswapshop Thu 20-Apr-23 08:31:29

Good morning everyone what’s going on with my posts I keep losing them 🥲