Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 18th May 2023

(80 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 18-May-23 05:43:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright and dry start here in brackley again this morning.
I had a call yesterday from JR , as they found I need another Iron infusion as my levels are low, but the nurse told me to take iron tablets with water on a empty stomach , which I have just done until I get the appointment at the hospital in Bicester .
Today usual routine , the only trouble I have found is appointments and trips, seem to upset my normal routine depending on the time of day .
Take Care,
Mick

Joane123 Thu 18-May-23 19:24:04

Please pass on my thoughts and good wishes to Urms I am so sorry to read you post GG.

mrshat Thu 18-May-23 17:14:06

A bit late in the day for the Good Morning thread, but must pass my best wishes to Urms and Mr Urms - what sad news. Love and prayers to them both and to the family. Thanks for letting us know GG

mamaa Thu 18-May-23 16:16:26

I know its not morning any more but I haven't been able to be online until now and didn't want to have read about Urms and her news about Mr Urms without sending my thoughts and best wishes to all of the family. flowers

Litterpicker Thu 18-May-23 12:57:20

Bit late for ‘good morning’ post - we are just back from our trip round some of the ‘squiggly’ bits on the NorthCoast500 route - we had to miss Applecross and Lochinver coast road in 2016 due to time constraints. It was all beautiful and interesting and we were lucky with the weather.

Just wanted to add to the sad thoughts for Urmstongran and her DH. I know they are a close family who will support them both. Thank you for letting us know GG.

Redcar Thu 18-May-23 12:31:32

First time I’ve posted but have been reading all your posts for a while. Good morning Mick and everyone from a sunny mid Essex. Just wanted to say how sorry I am to read Urmstongran’s news.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 18-May-23 12:25:32

Add me to all the well wishers.

karmalady Thu 18-May-23 12:15:00

My love to urmstongran and the family. Sorry to hear this news

gillgran Thu 18-May-23 11:59:51

Thank you, GrannyGravy, for keeping us in touch with Urmstongran. Please send my warmest thoughts & love to Urms & her family. xx flowers

farview Thu 18-May-23 11:38:32

GG please will you pass on my love and prayers to URMS...🌻

grandMattie Thu 18-May-23 11:34:59

Blossoming, she wrote the well-received "Hamnet", as well as several other thought-provoking books. Not all are good, but...

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 18-May-23 11:16:12

Love and prayers to Urms and her family at this difficult time. 🪻🪻🪻

Doodle Thu 18-May-23 11:15:47

GG I was so sorry to hear such upsetting news of Urms. Please pass on my love and will hold them both in my prayers.

JenniferEccles Thu 18-May-23 11:13:09

I think you’re going to have a long list of folk on here who wish you to pass on their very best wishes to Urms, GG13
but please may I be added to it too?

Along with everyone else I was so sorry to hear that Urms’s husband is very unwell.

Blossoming Thu 18-May-23 11:02:11

Good morning everyone. It’s warm, cloudy and
dry in this corner of Lancashire.

I got quite a lot done yesterday so will take it a bit slower today. I will carry on with the paperwork and get out for a walk later.

I’ve never read any Maggie O’Farrell GM, I will check her out. At the moment I’m listening to a history of Culloden and the aftermath. I have 2 ancestors fought there, both from the same Aberdeenshire family, one on each side!

Good to hear you both had a good night’s sleep Ash and also good to hear you’re feeling brighter Baubles, hope there is a treatment plan.

That’s shocking about cataract ops Grammaretto. There is no waiting list here, though it turned out mine didn’t need removing just yet. The Botox treatment seems to have sorted my eye squinty eye, now I just have to see how long it lasts. I may need it doing again in 3 months.

How lovely it is to read of so many of you enjoying time with GC, obviously they are all little angels 😇

Such sad news from Urms, I had feared that would be the reason for her absence. Thinking of her and all the family.

Have a good day all, hope any poorlies are soon on the mend. 🌻

Wyllow3 Thu 18-May-23 10:29:11

Please add me to the list to send love to Urms. Very shocked to hear - they were so active.

Good Morning from S Yorks, where it is sunny and my cleaner is here and has helped heave a lot of de cluttering around bless her she's young and willing to have a go at any help I need. She actually likes cleaning and tidying - (evidence - tales of how she's done this or that at home and found this or that new way to clean x or Y)

Now icing my back. In 10 days I have cleaners in both my 2 bedrooms and I think I'll need her to pop by before for an hour so they can access where they need to get.

Lomo123 Thu 18-May-23 10:18:26

Good Morning. More thoughts and prayers for Urms and husband.

hollysteers Thu 18-May-23 09:55:50

Good morning Mick and all from a bright northwest coast.
Very sad news for Urmstongran and will be thinking of her and her family.💐

aggie Thu 18-May-23 09:50:54

Good Morning , the sun is peering out from behind the clouds ,
I have the washing machine doing it’s merry dance and hope to get the laundry out on the line before the forecast showers appear
Voting later , must get my head around the list of candidates
We do the 1 2 3 system , it’s more fun I guess!
Poor Urms she and her OH are in my prayers

Aldom Thu 18-May-23 09:45:57

My kindest thoughts and wishes to Urms for her DH. flowers

Thorntrees Thu 18-May-23 09:43:50

Sending love and prayers to Urmston and her family at this difficult time.

Auntieflo Thu 18-May-23 09:37:34

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. It is beautifully sunny again here today and I am wondering whether to get the paint out and paint a bit more of our shed. The long side was done yesterday, and afterwards I more or less slept until it was time to cook supper. I know I don't have much energy these days, but that was silly.
Sending my prayers and best wishes to Mr and Mrs Urmstongran. I am another who misses her cheery posts.
Have a good day one and all.

Nannytopsy Thu 18-May-23 09:35:30

Another reader -not-poster who misses Urmstongran . Please send her my love too.

ixion Thu 18-May-23 09:34:45

Please pass on my love and best wishes to Urmstongran at this most difficult of times🌺

GrandmasueUK Thu 18-May-23 09:31:57

Although I'm not a regular poster I'd also like to add my thoughts and best wishes for Urms and family. I've missed her upbeat posts about the train station and her family.

merlotgran Thu 18-May-23 09:21:39

Good morning everyone from a sunny south coast. I haven’t posted for a while but would like to add my love and best wishes to Urmstongran, her DH and family at a very worrying time.