Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Tuesday 30th May

(64 Posts)
grandMattie Tue 30-May-23 06:50:38

Good morning from a sunny Bristol.
I’m opening in case something has happened to Mick.
I’ll be back…

Grammaretto Tue 30-May-23 07:47:06

Thinking of the Urmstons today
flowers

baubles Tue 30-May-23 07:52:25

Good morning all from sunny South Lanarkshire.

Mick, hoping it’s technical issues keeping you from opening up this morning.

My condolences Grammaretto.

Thinking of Urms and her husband.

Congratulations on the new baby Shazza, glad all is well.

I’m looking forward to a relaxing day in the garden as it’s the only free day this week.

Wishing everyone the best possible day.

Maria59 Tue 30-May-23 07:56:33

thanksflowers Urmstongran and Grammaretto

grandMattie Tue 30-May-23 07:58:43

So sad for you, grammaretto. Condo the whole family

Taichinan Tue 30-May-23 08:02:40

Good morning from another sunny day on the Angus coast. Harrigran I did a double-take then when I read your opener - I was pretty sure I hadn't typed it in my sleep 😂. Enjoy your visit to Glamis - you have the perfect day for it.
I too hope all is well with Mick, and thank you for opening grandmattie.
I had a phone call from my friend who has now moved into sheltered housing south of Edinburgh. Sadly she hates it - says everyone is so old (she's 88 herself!). Her daughter and one of her sons live close but apparently it's a hugely busy area with lots of traffic rushing in all directions, whereas she's used to the countryside and quiet country roads. I would hate that too, I have to say. Old Age is not a happy place to be when you lose your independence. It quite frightens me.
Anyway, I'm not there yet and it's tai chi this morning again. This is the smaller newer class so lots to teach. Then a small foray to the supermarket followed by some garden time. What's not too like.
My thoughts and healing vibes go out to those of you who are going through difficult times just now. This too shall pass. flowers
Have the best day everyone x

luluaugust Tue 30-May-23 08:05:13

Thinking of the Urmstons today

Gingster Tue 30-May-23 08:08:06

Good morning all and it’s overcast here in Essex.
Hope Mick is ok 🤔. He’s not due any medical procedures today is he?

Yesterday we took little gd to Hyde Hall , our local RHS garden. We went early and spent a couple of hours there. She had a great time at the play area in the woodland, then fed the ducks and fishes , saw the geese with their goslings. Gaga fed them , while gd and I stood well back. wandered around the beautiful gardens, and had a snack .

I took her to see her mum in the afternoon. Dd was chatty and quite cheerful (in front of gd) . Still not too sure what’s going on but her pains are receding , just other concerning symptoms not clearing up. 😥.

I have a day off today, and I’m meeting up with my two old school pals, at Stratford Olympic park. It’s been arranged for quite a while as one of them is always abroad.
Little gd is going to a friends for the day and then on to other nanny’s for the night.

Urms 💐

Take care and enjoy the day

Gingster Tue 30-May-23 08:09:01

Goslings

GrannyGravy13 Tue 30-May-23 08:12:22

Morning all, I do hope Mick is ok

We have The Imp and his 8yr old brother today, so it will either be a trip to RHS Hyde Hall to see the Bees and roll down the big hills or Barleylands Farm.

Condolences grammarreto (((hugs))) to the Urmstongrans

Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

Jaxjacky Tue 30-May-23 08:18:26

Morning from sunny S Hants. Hope Mick returns soon with no issues.
A sad day Grammaretto, condolences.
My daughter is in Vegas, no children, first holiday for her without them for 17 years, she’s with a girlfriend who upgraded them to upper class, I wish them the best time.
We were a man down for quiz last night, we’ll blame him for being rubbish!
Housework calls and watering.
My thoughts are with Urms and her husband for strength in the weeks ahead.
🦩🦩

BlueSapphire Tue 30-May-23 08:19:53

Good morning everyone from a grey and overcast Northampton. Not much hope for sunshine 🌞today.
Yesterday turned out to be sunny, but really chilly in that north-east wind, but I managed to get the back grass cut, and then gave everything a good watering.
I finished Hamnet; what a lovely book. Have started the second of two Anne Tyler books I got from the library.

Out for a coffee morning today with neighbours past and present; looking forward to a good catch-up and delicious cake 🎂!

Chilli thawing out in the fridge for dinner tonight.

Thoughts are with dear Urms and her DH; she was so kind to me when I was having problems in lockdown.

Hope Mick is ok.

kittylester Tue 30-May-23 08:22:43

Good morning all from an overcast North Leicestershire.

We are off birthday shopping with DGD2 today - wish us luck!

Sending love to all who need it.

cornergran Tue 30-May-23 08:36:50

Morning All. Sky is clearing, nice if windy day ahead for our corner of Somerset.

Thanks mattie, another here with concerns for mick.

Garden faffing took most of the day yesterday, it is taking me forever but I’ll get there. Just an hour then a rest, the day soon goes. Routine today, dust removal, groceries to put away, backlog of admin this afternoon. At some point a visit from British Gas, the fifth attempt to sort our silent gas meter. I have little hope.

Sad news grammaretto flowers for you and urms.

My thoughts go to all with worries. Hope Tuesday is kind to us all.

aggie Tue 30-May-23 08:37:21

A sunny good morning from Co Armagh
I hope Mick is ok
Thinking of Urms , condolences to Gramarretto

NannyJan53 Tue 30-May-23 08:38:00

Good morning from a cloudy but warm Black Country.

Just popped in to send heartfelt love to Urms and of course himself

Condolences to Grammaretto and family flowers

Love to all struggling with health or worries at the moment

ginny Tue 30-May-23 08:41:27

Good morning all.
Another bright blue sky start. We were going to go to the beach today but although the sun is wonderful the wind is making it fairly chilly. Not a day to sit on the beach with small children and a 91 year old.
So we are off to a park/ garden with plenty to do for all ages.
I too hope Mick is ok and send well wishes for all dealing with illnesses.

EkwaNimitee Tue 30-May-23 08:41:55

Good morning everyone from sunny Carlisle.
I hope it's Mick's computer that is unwell, not Mick.

I got a lot of laundry outside and dried yesterday. I also visited the garden centre for some plant supports but unavoidably came out with some plants too. Only small ones though!
I put the supports and the plants in during the afternoon and then sat about reading. I found myself sitting out after dinner finishing off an entire bottle of champagne. OK, it was only a mini!
This morning I shall be off into town on various necessary errands and then back for some housework.

I shall be thinking of the Urmstons and hoping all goes well.

And condolences to you Grammaretto on a sad loss.

Grandmachrisy47 Tue 30-May-23 08:42:53

Thinking of Urms and her dh. Condolences, Granmaretto. Hope Mick is ok.

Wyllow3 Tue 30-May-23 08:47:08

Good Morning from a currently overcast S Yorks.

Off for a little walk in local woods this morning. Yesterday evening I decided the green needed watering but in 2 hours still hadn't finish, mins you bot of weeding were going in too.

My sympathy and condolences for bereaved and poorly gransnetters, and may all plans go well.

It does seem strange Mick not in first.

Susan56 Tue 30-May-23 08:57:49

Good morning from Shropshire.

Sad news Grammaretto, condolences to you and all the family.

Thinking of Urms, her DH and family today.

I hope Mick is ok.

Gingster, I hope your DD gets some answers and is home soon.

A day at home today getting ready for a busy rest of the week.

Grannmarie Tue 30-May-23 09:04:26

Good morning everyone, from sunny North Lanarkshire.
Just popping in to send kind thoughts to all with worries, sorrow or illness, especially the DDs, and Urmstongran and her DH. Sincere condolences to Grammaretto and family. 💕🙏flowers
Hoping all is well with Mick.

GrannySomerset Tue 30-May-23 09:16:05

Worrying not to know about Mick and hope the problem is minor. Loving and sympathetic thoughts to the Urmston family and to Grammaretto too. Quite a sobering start to the day today.

My student guests have departed but tomorrow I have a visit from two younger members of the family plus nearly two year old so I must toddler proof the downstairs and see what toys we still have - I am sure I kept some things for just such an occasion but can’t remember where I put them. Supermarket day which is good because both my guests for lunch tomorrow are GF and I need to think carefully.

gillgran Tue 30-May-23 09:28:13

Good Morning from an overcast, but mild & very dry Cambs.,

My thoughts are with Urmsongran & her husband, today & the coming weeks.

I hope Mick is busy out & about, (or maybe having internet problems).

Sad time for you, Grammaretto, my condolences to you & your family.

Warm wishes for all with health issues & worries.
flowers for those that need them.

luluaugust Tue 30-May-23 09:37:24

Grammaretto flowers

Grandmabatty Tue 30-May-23 09:52:04

My condolences Grammaretto. She was obviously a much loved lady