Good morning Michael and all GN's from a still very dark morning with not a sign of the tree visible, here in North Yorkshire. I think the request for someone to knock me out may have to be made, as even with lovely clean and sweet smelling bedding I have still had a horrible night, little sleep, and now for some reason I cannot fathom,my right leg has decided to add extra aches and pains from the groin area. Dont think I have done anything particularly stupid to warrant it but there it is.
I had a somewhat busy but good day yesterday, as it was this day of the older person thing, with various groups and people having stalls and information at the library. consequently I managed to get the bedding washed and on the line, with the aid of the yellow peril, but had to leave rather a messy kitchen and various bits and pieces landed on the floor, which I couldnt bend down to retrieve. So , it had to be fingers crossed, that the cleaning fairies would arrive and work a bit of a miracle on the home front.
I set off in enough time to arrive at the beginning , with a thought that I might see enough in time to go across to the yoga with the womens group, which I had been sorry to miss. Another painful and exasperting trip in at the back way of the library, and once parked up I had to hobble to the lift and go down in it as it was all on the ground floor.
Well it was well set up with all the various groups and places of interest set out with their own stalls and all the information about their timings and what they did. It ranged from the Mens Shed - who do a get together and making things which help other groups. They showed a really posh hedgehog shelter that they make from old pallets and I collected their leaflet, for myself and to pass on to others, as could see that it was very well made and quite a posh version, which in the future I can see could be a very useful and appreciated present by many friends and families who are also very interested in wild life, so that was a tick. Then there was the U3A ,and several other different things, including "incredible edible" gardening group , who try and make small gardens in various places to both grow things like peas and raspberries and encourage people to come along and learn some good gardening tips.They also do a lot of work in the Secret garden. I was pleased to meet the lady who set this up, and explained that regretfully due to my back etc, I wouldnt be able to do much these days, but she said that they could really do with someone to be a sort of buddy / guide to beginners and so I plan to go along and see how things go. If it works out, it will be good to share some gardening knowledge with beginners and encourage them to grew things and pass on a few ideas. They also had the curling group there and I had a couple of goes enjoying being the knocker out of others rather than a good point scorer, but it was another chance to practice it sitting in a chair, There was also two men playing instruments and singing with a group, so all in all , it was a good morning and I never left to join the yoga. We had a group of young people there helping out and someone had made a very good cake to celebrate the years the library had been there to help groups etc. The librarian just had a quick moment to tell me that she had good news on the library front and would get in touch about that later, so all in all a very good time was had by all and a successful occasion.
I then beat a hasty retreat home to see if the cleners were still there , but they had worked their magic and left everywhere looking cleaner and tidier with the floors cleaned and all pens knives and bits and pieces removed. So had a hasty sandwich and then off again on the yp down the town to do a few things and to collapse in a heap in a quiet Cafe Nero, where I ended up with a good complaint , that it felt almost too warm near the window as the sun shone well and the promised rain was nowhere to be seen.
So after all that and a quiet simple meal, I just sat and tried to sort out some paperwork and get rid of out of date things, and was happy to watch Downton Abbey as a finale to a good day, but yet again I fell asleep in the chair, and missed half of the programme and woke up about 2.30am chilly and creaky, and of course by the time I got to bed was wide awake! Even the lovely sheets didnt lull me off to a good sleep.
So here I am trying to loosen up and then it isback to the library this morning for the proer bocca session at 10am, where I hope the curling stuff will be out and in use.I should be able to see the librarian and get up to date on any news she has on the ramp front, and how she felt that yesterday had gone from the libraries point of view.
I really do have to get on with trying to sort out some irritating hassles with various people this afternoon and look through my car details to check up on times due for MOT and tax etc. I have got rather slapdash about keeping up with my usual checking on such things and need to get back in charge of things. Then I also need to contact the eye people to learn more about the pros and cons of the procedures that the hospital talked about and work out what I need to do (wish that the answer was nothing!) It would have been good to have a decent nights sleep to help matters along but there we are , will just have to plod along.
Hope your trip today goes well Mick and that you hear about the MRI scan soon. Greyduster I am on the side of the conker and chesnut gatherers, The joy of a walk at this time is to look and see all the signs of autumn coming in and enjoy it all, rather than a route march to whereever. They might have to devise two different groups , the countryside enjoying lot and the steady paced walkers, GrandMattie , I smiled at your version of an "empty" day , sounds like some of mine. Hope you get chance to sit down for a little while in the middle of all that. Latedecember that looked a lovely trip out for you. Melanie I hope you manage to now keep those days free and give yourselves a break and enjoy them. Bellasnana I am with you in noticing how the world seems to be spinning faster and faster as another week rushes by!
Well talking of which there is now enough daylight to see the outline of the tree very still and calm at the moment, no sign of squirrel nutkin or the early morning pigeon visit. Time to get the coffee on, and sort out clean clothes to wear while the ironing mountain continues to reproach me for lack of effort. That will definitely have to figure in the next couple of days.
Enjoy what you can of today, and store up lovely memories of the autumn colours etc to have things to look back on for later. Wishing you all a positive day
Mum's 90th birthday bash coming up
Good Morning Friday 2nd October 2026

