Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 3rd October 2026

(7 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 03-Oct-26 04:55:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Dark and dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Usual routine with an early bus into Bicester , where I will see people I know, have a coffee and a snack .
I have an update as to the enlarged Prostate , I have a phone appointment next Tuesday mid morning with Neology Dept at the Churchill Oxford , this is to arrange a CT scan.
Health Otherwise OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Bellasnana Sat 03-Oct-26 05:17:52

Good morning from Malta where it is still dark but the forecast is for much the same as it has been all week, a mixture of sun and clouds with a high of 28°C.

I went for my hair yesterday, had the car filled with petrol but then CBA to go shopping so returned home and lay on the bed. I haven’t been feeling great this week. Not anything I wish to share on a public forum though!🙈

I’m getting up to watch tennis as Carlos Alcaraz is playing, however I am meeting my friend for coffee at 9.15 (she always likes to meet early) so I shall probably not be able to watch all the match as I will need to get ready.

The boys are coming for their weekly sleepover later. They always cheer me up, bless them.

Wishing you all a happy weekend.☀️

grandMattie Sat 03-Oct-26 05:59:58

Good morning from Bristol.
Sorry you’re not feeling bellas, mayyourvtreadures cheer you up. Good news Mick, that you’re being so carefully monitored.
I’ve only just woken up after an unprecedented amount of sleep. Good as I have a very busy weekend with the vicar retirement parted . I didn’t go to last night’s one though…
After all the busyness of housework,Metz., I had a quiet evening in preparation for today.
I’ve got the ‘flu/covid jabs this morning at 8 am, then after breakfast, am serving coffee in church..
In the afternoon, I’m making a large cottage pie for 8 for the farewell lunch tomorrow. I suspect it will go on, with many speeches and probably, tears. I wonder if his wife will show up? I’ve seen her just once in the 3 years I’ve been here.
As I normally feel, absolutely rubbish for a few days after the jab, I shall try to take things easy, but life has a habit of taking over…
May you have a blessed Sunday. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Sat 03-Oct-26 06:00:05

Good morning from s somerset, the weather is grudually cooling, not surprising for october. I have another big wash set for today, just taking advantage while the weather is dry

A mixed bag yesterday, lots of house things to do, a film to watch and I simply print and re-make a favourite pattern in my changed size when I have nothing to do. My big paper sack is very full of paper scraps for the tip

I want to go to the allotment but have to cycle there, it is too early for my tooth socket. There is still ache at times and a painful ulcer developed, which will all disappear within another 5 days. Healing is very much on schedule and I was prepared for this but my immune system has to work hard to replace tissue and bone. I have dense bones

Today has to start with a walk to the shops, I need some supplies for the weekend and then I will get on and changeover my wardrobe. I need to do this properly and everything will have to come out. Yesterday I wore a long-sleeved transition blouse made in double gauze and I was very comfortable, that tells me it is time

This wardrobe changeover is a bit of an intense job and I will need to start with emptying my smaller wardrobe which holds winter clothes and coats. Then the flighty summer thing will go straight in there. No packing anything into boxes under the bed this year, no need

I hope I am finished by lunchtime, I want the afternoon for rest and knitting as always and I get my second wind after 4 so might well cut out my first quilted top then

grandMattie Sat 03-Oct-26 06:00:35

Metz = etc. !

HelterSkelter1 Sat 03-Oct-26 06:08:02

Wideawake early once again. Good morning all from a dark and chilly N Surrey. I wish I could aleep for longer every night.

A quiet day in the garden after a quick shop. I bought some new short handled Spear and Jackson loppers. They say razor sharp and so they are. And in a sale. I made short work of clipping down and back a shrub whose name escapes me completely. It has holly type leaves and yellow scented flowers in winter/spring. Oh dear get working brain. I will cut down and dig out some lavenders which are too straggly and dry now and replant with new ones. And rake into a pile what looks like the last of the conkers. Many fewer this year thank goodness. The leaves not yet dropping. Sweeping them up takes weeks of effort sometimes helped by the wind which can blow them into neat piles.

I have the weekend to do all this and it looks to be dry and not too warm. Ideal.
Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.

GillyMo Sat 03-Oct-26 06:19:06

Good morning from a dark and mild Herefordshire.

After doing my food shop yesterday I got stuck into cleaning the kitchen. Bit silly really as it was a nice day and time could have been better spent in the garden. I have lots of bulbs to plant.

karmalady I remember feeling exhausted after my tooth extraction. It's the sort of thing people generally have difficulty understanding until they've experienced it, I have found. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Welcome to poppy68 who joined yesterday.

DS and his girlfriend are visiting today so will probably end up in the pub this afternoon.

Have a nice weekend all.