Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 4th October 2026

(69 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 04-Oct-26 04:47:32

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Todays plans , housework , and watch some TV a bit of cycling as well.
Have Lunch.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-26 11:09:00

Exactly kitty when I notice someone hasn’t posted my mind goes into overdrive 🙀

Usedtobeblonde Sun 04-Oct-26 11:17:21

Thank you all, how very kind you all are.

Greyduster Sun 04-Oct-26 11:22:24

Spot on, FGT😂

Grannyme6 Sun 04-Oct-26 11:22:28

A very late good morning to all. Your post resonates with me UTTB. I’m reluctant to name posters who are having difficulties and leaving someone out, but I do read every day and genuinely hope for the best for everyone.
I’m enjoying coffee in the garden having tackled a pile of ironing, including 2 shirts. DH has moved to non-iron shirts but even so, a couple of ‘smart’ shirts always require attention. Having ironed uniform shirts for years, I’ve had enough!
Harvest festival at our little church this afternoon, I’ll take some figs from my tree.

Harris27 Sun 04-Oct-26 11:24:53

Good nights sleep after rubbish two nights coming off steroids as bad as being on them. Did go for flu jab and definitely helped me sleep last night. Nothing much today due to energy levels and complete worn out. However I do plan some tv and books this afternoon. Late lunch planned with hubby assisting!🫣

JenniferEccles Sun 04-Oct-26 11:36:42

I have often wondered about the origins of the Good Morning thread, faithfully opened (extremely early!) every morning by Mick

I don’t know if Mick has ever said what gave him the idea originally but it is a lovely, interesting start to the day.

Like some others I guess, I’m just an occasional poster but I do read it most mornings when I’m having my early morning tea in bed, and I am astonished at how many posts there are even by about 8am!

CaroleAnne Sun 04-Oct-26 11:38:42

I agree with you Kitty. The threads have become more involved over the years. I think it is a good thing for people to express how they feel with illness worries as well as happy events too.
My DH is nowc86 years of age(I am five years younger). Over the last two years his health has not been too good and he has become less mobile but nevertheless
we carry on regardless. Life is so precious.
I find this site rather comforting.
Thinking of all of you who are unwell or with worries and also those of you who are still enjoying a good quality of life.
Carolexwinethanks

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 11:48:46

The cheeky parker came late to another Mass and abandoned her car in the middle of the car park.

I was talking to a former pupil and she sneaked past.

I need to regroup!

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 11:51:54

There is always the option be selective and scroll past the novellas. 🥰

I enjoy reading about everyone's lives. We are all so different.

Peep Sun 04-Oct-26 11:52:57

I have been reading this thread for years, never post, just like catching up with what everyone is doing, I also get concerned when someone doesn’t post for a few days.

NanaBabs1 Sun 04-Oct-26 12:28:12

Marydoll, I could never scroll past your daily musings…long or short they’re never short of relevance and interest and, no matter how serious or delicate the issue, somehow your innate sense of humour and comedy timing shines through.
I don’t know how you do it but long may they continue!

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 12:44:17

Nanababs ❤️

Jennifer Eccles, I vaguely remember Mick saying he had been on another forum, then it folded, I may be totally wrong.
He then he joined GN andstarted the Good Morning thread.!

It was always understood, that everyone waited for Mick to start the thread, before anyone posted.
However, it does seem to start earlier and earlier.

Beechnut Sun 04-Oct-26 13:04:24

I think we’ll have to change ‘up with a lark’ to ‘up with a Mick’.

Usedtobeblonde Sun 04-Oct-26 13:15:55

Was it Silver Surfers Mick was on?

I think it was short lived.

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 13:27:41

Usedtobeblonde

Was it Silver Surfers Mick was on?

I think it was short lived.

That's it, Used tobebonde.

Cressy Sun 04-Oct-26 14:06:56

I have often feel tempted to add my musings on here but I am a terrible ‘oversharer’ and worry that I would ‘out’ myself!!
I love reading all your posts though - reading this thread is the first thing I do every morning after I open my eyes. X

’

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sun 04-Oct-26 14:13:26

Mick might be amazed at how many posts today’s thread has generated! Many more than usual.

Redcar Sun 04-Oct-26 14:15:49

I get my morning coffee then sit and read everyone’s posts. A good way to start the day, and I’m always amazed at how early some of you are up! Being a nosey soul I like to know what everyone is doing!!