Gransnet forums

Chat

James Bond

(6 Posts)
Mischief13 Mon 05-Oct-26 16:16:50

Today is James Bond day. Although I am not a fan I did like it when I was a little girl. There is currently a lot of speculation about who will replace Daniel Craig. Some of the names in the frame, Callum Turner, Tom Holland, JackLowden,Jack Barton, to name a few are just not doing it for me. Stars of today seem to be very ordinary looking. I liked Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan who in my opinion who are all devastaingly handsome. What are your thoughts?

Sago Mon 05-Oct-26 16:37:32

I think Daniel Craig has been the best Bond so far, when he was announced as the new bond I was so disappointed, 10 minutes into his first movie I was converted!

tanith Mon 05-Oct-26 16:50:22

I like Jack Lowden in Slow Horses but I dont think he's Bond, Tom Holland possibly but its going to be hard to live up to Daniel Craig or Sean Connery. Never liked Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan.

BlessedArt Mon 05-Oct-26 17:12:49

Connery and Craig will always be the best Bonds imo.

I cannot think of anyone I believe will do a good job at replacing Craig at the moment. I hope they find the right combination of rugged and suave, as contradictory as that sounds. Bond is a rough guy who also knows how to be refined when the moment calls for it. None of today’s younger actors have that sort of presence.

Calendargirl Mon 05-Oct-26 17:50:06

To me, Sean Connery will always be ‘James Bond’, probably because he was the first, and the one I grew up with.

Ian Fleming, his creator, based his looks on the singer Hoagy Carmichael.

SpinDriftCoastal Mon 05-Oct-26 17:54:37

Roger Moore for me and James Norton would make a great bond.