I agree Casdon. An OP simply expressing sadness for the terrible events of that day would have been more appropriate.
First food mixer - any hints and tips appreciated please.
Does this still stress you now?
I agree Casdon. An OP simply expressing sadness for the terrible events of that day would have been more appropriate.
MartavTaurus
^Sensible people don’t post on deliberately provocative threads, that’s what is telling^.
I respect all the articulate posters who have posted on this thread thus far.
As do I.
I wonder if Casdon includes herself in her judgemental post, given that she too has posted on the thread?
FriedGreenTomatoes2
Let us all remember those who were butchered by Hamas. What Hamas did was unbelievably horrific. But what's far worse - nice, educated people, people you meet in everyday life, people who should know better - actually supporting them. It's like living with Zombies. Where on earth is this country headed?
Hamas did this at the Bataclan in Paris and the Manchester Area too.
Beyond horrific.
Completely agree.
Sensible people don’t post on deliberately provocative threads, that’s what is telling.
I respect all the articulate posters who have posted on this thread thus far.
Well yesterday I was commenting about the marches and linked to a police statement on the other thread
www.gransnet.com/forums/news_and_politics/1362099-The-Greens-say-they-want-Israel-to-be-replaced-with-one-state?msgid=31806471.
One of my posts on that thread The Met Police have issued a statement about the march. I hope those who decide not to comply with the conditions re punished to the fullest extent. That a second 'gathering' intended to assemble near to Marble Arch adjacent to two synagogues reveals the absolute antisemitism at the root of these. Thankfully the police will not allow the Marble Arch gathering. Shame on all who partake.
news.met.police.uk/news/conditions-imposed-on-student-march-on-wednesday-7-october-513621
No words indeed.
The march should have been postponed to a different date.
It was an atrocity, no other word, and one that we witnessed almost as it happened.
One I will never forget.
FriedGreenTomatoes2
fancythat
GrannyGravy13
I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…
Oh yes.
Indeed.
Sensible people don’t post on deliberately provocative threads, that’s what is telling.
A simple thread remembering those poor people who were so brutally murdered or taken captive that day and their families would have garnered much more traffic.
Its an insult,what else can it be ,bad planning? Hardly
A very thoughtful post OldFrill.
OldFrill
Sometimes there are no words to describe one's feelings.
Silence can be as significant as comment.
Silence allows reflection on an atrocity and to think of their loved ones.
I will light a candle.
OldFrill
Sometimes there are no words to describe one's feelings.
Silence can be as significant as comment.

Sometimes there are no words to describe one's feelings.
Silence can be as significant as comment.
Witzend
I still vividly remember TV footage of Muslim groups, both in the Uk and in Gaza, a day or two afterwards, openly celebrating the Hamas attack.
And they are very very much in the wrong.
I can understand, sometimes, why people might support terrorists causes, but I can never ever accept murder, torture, killings for that cause.
Thankfully I've never met anyone who support Hamas and have nothing but anger for the atrocities carried out that day.
fancythat
GrannyGravy13
I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…
Oh yes.
Indeed.
I still vividly remember TV footage of Muslim groups, both in the Uk and in Gaza, a day or two afterwards, openly celebrating the Hamas attack.
I too add my empathy and support for those innocent people kidnapped, slaughtered and their poor families.
I do not support what happened or Hamas.
Whilst I might support the people of Gaza, I do think that the March planned for today should be cancelled. In my view it’s not all at respectful.
Many Jewish people do not support Netanyahu and his actions.
ALL of our communities living in this country, should be able to do so in peace and safety.
GrannyGravy13
I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…
Oh yes.
It was a horrific day, the images still vivid now.
The marches today should have been stopped, allowed to go ahead at another time but allowing today's marches is wrong.
This is a mistake on the part of the Government.
I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…
I have just read Allison Pearson’s article in the DT, it was a hard read, harrowing.
There is a Pro Palestine March taking place in London today.
Let’s not dress it up, this is a celebration of Oct 7.
Andy Burnham has assured the British Jewish community “we stand with you”
Or maybe we would rather upset the Jews than the thousands of Hamas supporters that vote Labour.
Also interesting the protesters in Gosport are banned from wearing masks, I would bet today’s protesters will all have a Kefir covering their face.
I can remember sitting in bed scrolling through the news on my iPad when the images began to appear.
I was horrified then, I can still see the poor young Jewish girl with her hands tied and the blood soaked seat of her light coloured trousers. Along with the young women hog tied in the back of an open truck being spat on by cheering people on the roadside as she was taken into Gaza
RIP to those murdered and tortured by the evil that is Hamas 💐
I take comfort in that there are still so many[maybe not online so much at all] nice ordinary people in real life.
Do you find the same where you live?
Sounds like maybe not?
Plus, people are now much more likely to change their voting patterns, than they once were.
Let us all remember those who were butchered by Hamas. What Hamas did was unbelievably horrific. But what's far worse - nice, educated people, people you meet in everyday life, people who should know better - actually supporting them. It's like living with Zombies. Where on earth is this country headed?
Hamas did this at the Bataclan in Paris and the Manchester Area too.
Beyond horrific.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.