Gransnet forums

Chat

3 years ago today. 7th October 2023.

(19 Posts)
FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 07-Oct-26 09:39:49

Let us all remember those who were butchered by Hamas. What Hamas did was unbelievably horrific. But what's far worse - nice, educated people, people you meet in everyday life, people who should know better - actually supporting them. It's like living with Zombies. Where on earth is this country headed?

Hamas did this at the Bataclan in Paris and the Manchester Area too.

Beyond horrific.

fancythat Wed 07-Oct-26 09:44:45

I take comfort in that there are still so many[maybe not online so much at all] nice ordinary people in real life.

Do you find the same where you live?
Sounds like maybe not?

Plus, people are now much more likely to change their voting patterns, than they once were.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Oct-26 09:48:01

I can remember sitting in bed scrolling through the news on my iPad when the images began to appear.

I was horrified then, I can still see the poor young Jewish girl with her hands tied and the blood soaked seat of her light coloured trousers. Along with the young women hog tied in the back of an open truck being spat on by cheering people on the roadside as she was taken into Gaza

RIP to those murdered and tortured by the evil that is Hamas 💐

Sago Wed 07-Oct-26 10:16:33

I have just read Allison Pearson’s article in the DT, it was a hard read, harrowing.

There is a Pro Palestine March taking place in London today.
Let’s not dress it up, this is a celebration of Oct 7.

Andy Burnham has assured the British Jewish community “we stand with you”
Or maybe we would rather upset the Jews than the thousands of Hamas supporters that vote Labour.

Also interesting the protesters in Gosport are banned from wearing masks, I would bet today’s protesters will all have a Kefir covering their face.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Oct-26 10:35:54

I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…

JenniRen Wed 07-Oct-26 10:39:41

It was a horrific day, the images still vivid now.

The marches today should have been stopped, allowed to go ahead at another time but allowing today's marches is wrong.
This is a mistake on the part of the Government.

fancythat Wed 07-Oct-26 10:40:45

GrannyGravy13

I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…

Oh yes.

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 10:42:07

I too add my empathy and support for those innocent people kidnapped, slaughtered and their poor families.

I do not support what happened or Hamas.

Whilst I might support the people of Gaza, I do think that the March planned for today should be cancelled. In my view it’s not all at respectful.

Many Jewish people do not support Netanyahu and his actions.

ALL of our communities living in this country, should be able to do so in peace and safety.

Witzend Wed 07-Oct-26 10:44:46

I still vividly remember TV footage of Muslim groups, both in the Uk and in Gaza, a day or two afterwards, openly celebrating the Hamas attack.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 07-Oct-26 10:47:59

fancythat

GrannyGravy13

I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…

Oh yes.

Indeed.

Smileless2012 Wed 07-Oct-26 10:52:15

Thankfully I've never met anyone who support Hamas and have nothing but anger for the atrocities carried out that day.

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 10:52:48

Witzend

I still vividly remember TV footage of Muslim groups, both in the Uk and in Gaza, a day or two afterwards, openly celebrating the Hamas attack.

And they are very very much in the wrong.

I can understand, sometimes, why people might support terrorists causes, but I can never ever accept murder, torture, killings for that cause.

OldFrill Wed 07-Oct-26 10:52:59

Sometimes there are no words to describe one's feelings.
Silence can be as significant as comment.

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 10:53:41

OldFrill

Sometimes there are no words to describe one's feelings.
Silence can be as significant as comment.

thanks

Fallingstar Wed 07-Oct-26 10:56:10

OldFrill

Sometimes there are no words to describe one's feelings.
Silence can be as significant as comment.

Silence allows reflection on an atrocity and to think of their loved ones.
I will light a candle.

Smileless2012 Wed 07-Oct-26 11:05:56

A very thoughtful post OldFrill.

Shel1951 Wed 07-Oct-26 11:15:37

Its an insult,what else can it be ,bad planning? Hardly

Casdon Wed 07-Oct-26 11:18:20

FriedGreenTomatoes2

fancythat

GrannyGravy13

I think the lack of traffic on this thread is rather telling…

Oh yes.

Indeed.

Sensible people don’t post on deliberately provocative threads, that’s what is telling.

A simple thread remembering those poor people who were so brutally murdered or taken captive that day and their families would have garnered much more traffic.

eazybee Wed 07-Oct-26 11:19:07

It was an atrocity, no other word, and one that we witnessed almost as it happened.
One I will never forget.