Gransnet forums

Chat

Jigsaws

(7 Posts)
Luckygirl3 Wed 07-Oct-26 10:44:26

Anyone do these

I have moments when I need to unwind and sometimes do these on my phone.

What I would like is a nice wooden puzzle with an art theme.

Any recommendations?

JenniRen Wed 07-Oct-26 10:59:25

There are some if you look online but they're very expensive in comparison to those made of board. They don't seem to have many pieces either, usually 250 or 500.
Wentworth, Victory, there are others.

Ones from British firms on good board are fine, but beware cheaper ones from Amazon etc as they can be very flimsy, as I found when I gave one to DH one Christmas.

Sarnia Wed 07-Oct-26 11:00:50

Figured 'Art do wooden jigsaws for adults. My daughter has one which she has kept on display. It seems very good quality and she said they were quite reasonable compared to other companies.

JamesandJon33 Wed 07-Oct-26 11:01:41

We did a lot in lockdown. Our most difficult was one of Hokusai’s The Great Wave . Took both of use nearly three weeks

Farmor15 Wed 07-Oct-26 11:11:54

I love jigsaws- mostly good quality board ones. The only wooden ones I've done are Wentworth- quite expensive and also difficult as pieces are funny shapes.
Just got a present in post from daughter, who bought one using Vinted. I've also found nice jigsaws in charity shops or parish sales.

Luckygirl3 Wed 07-Oct-26 11:16:06

Do you use a board? I would need to do it on my lap as so much surface space is taken up with my art materials.

MrsQuigley Wed 07-Oct-26 11:39:50

I love jigsaw puzzles. Just finished the latest one. Buy most on eBay. If you use that would be worth doing a search for Wentworth Puzzles, they are wood. Only ever done a very small one, really weirdly shaped pieces.
I use a board on a camping table. Wouldn’t be able to do them on my lap, my back would totally give up the ghost.