Gransnet forums

Chat

You and Yours to be cut from BBC radio 4 schedule

(15 Posts)
HelterSkelter1 Thu 08-Oct-26 09:51:12

Announced on BBC news headlines today . I am sad about this as it is such a good consumer programme and Winifred Robinson an excellent presenter. In fact a stand out presenter amongst many poor ones over the radio stations.

What are the BBC thinking of? What will be cut next I wonder. What on earth will be left.

HelterSkelter1 Thu 08-Oct-26 09:54:37

Am not related to W Robinson although I wish I were as she sounds fun.

mokryna Thu 08-Oct-26 09:57:13

I enjoy listening to this program as it advises and helps the public. It’s a big shame if it goes through. Is the BBC thinking of replacing it with something similar?

eazybee Thu 08-Oct-26 10:49:03

I suppose it provided a valuable service, but I always found it immensely boring. However, I wonder what will replace it.

EkwaNimitee Thu 08-Oct-26 11:00:05

I’m disappointed to hear this. I don’t generally listen to it but it’s a useful program for many I’m sure. I’ve always really liked Winifred Robinson who’s an excellent presenter.

I suppose they’ll replace it with some cheap rubbish to save money.

Sillymoo Thu 08-Oct-26 11:06:46

Oh no! Its already been cut from 5 days to 3, one of which is a phone in.

blue14 Thu 08-Oct-26 11:24:40

I am so sorry to hear this.
It's such an easy and informative programme to listen to.

Petrina Thu 08-Oct-26 11:38:47

I'm going to be, probably, the single voice along that I hated it...

25Avalon Thu 08-Oct-26 11:46:24

This is one of the best consumer programmes and they are going to axe it? Madness

HelterSkelter1 Thu 08-Oct-26 11:47:00

Dont worry Petrina you are the 3rd voice. Maybe you like things I hate. But that's life. We are all different.
I am disappointed to see it go.

saintpiran Thu 08-Oct-26 11:47:15

Can think of so many other programmes that should be axed before You and Yours. I find more information linked to my circumstances on this than anywhere else on the BBC. Also I can understand what Winifred is saying without straining, her voice is perfect. gutted

watermeadow Thu 08-Oct-26 12:24:04

There’s less and less I want to listen to on BBC. It will soon be nonstop news and politics.
Todays cuts include several good and popular programs.

nanna8 Thu 08-Oct-26 12:25:55

Can’t believe you actually have to pay for it.

Doodledog Thu 08-Oct-26 12:29:13

We pay for it so it is not funded by advertisers with vested interests, which is a principle I applaud.

I like You and Yours, too. There are many things I would cut before that.

Basgetti Thu 08-Oct-26 14:11:53

Good, about time!