Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 9th October 2026

(5 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 09-Oct-26 04:50:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but signs of overnight rain on the path outside here in Brackley.
Up to the usual with the bus journey into Bicester do a shop and say hello to to those I know.
Fish & Chips from the local chippy at lunchtime , with afternoon trip to a close by pub for some real ale .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Fri 09-Oct-26 04:59:20

Good morning, Mick, and those who follow, from a dark but dry (so far!) Sarthe.

We were awoken early by a hungry cat on our windowsill (we sleep on the ground floor) He has been duly fed and returned to the great outdoors leaving us wide awake drinking TIB.

No plans for today so I guess I must tackle the ironing which DH has saved for me. It’s the one domestic chore he’s never mastered. He’s keener on cooking than I am which I appreciate.

I hope we shall hear from Bellasnana today.

A good day to you all. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

Usedtobeblonde Fri 09-Oct-26 05:51:32

Good morning from Stockport.
It is 15 and raining, yesterday it was 6 and my GD who lives 20 minutes away had to de- ice her car.
What strange weather we have.
I went out for an early meal with a friend last evening, it was for her birthday which was some weeks ago.
It was pleasant and the food was ok but I find eating out is getting more expensive now and really ,sometimes, not worth the cost.
I must do some laundry today, I keep putting it off but needs must now, the bin is full.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Melanie61 Fri 09-Oct-26 06:08:16

Good morning from Sheffield
The temperature has definitely dropped here. Heating on
About to get up for the Friday big clean and then I’m working this morning.
My friend will be round for a chat later and then a quiet afternoon. The salmon was delicious yesterday . I will do that recipe again.
Take care everyone flowers

Grandmabatty Fri 09-Oct-26 06:23:38

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 14° and wet. I woke before six, suddenly remembering I hadn't put out the bin. So that will have to be done before seven. Bellasnana I hope all is well with you. Ashcombe I loathe ironing!
Yesterday I did an hour in the school library then home to potter. I phoned a company to take away rubbish from the garden and they had a space for yesterday, so the garden now looks tidier-apart from the weeds! Tesco delivered later.
Today I have a chiropodist appointment at 12. I usually go early but this was the only time available. I'm not a fan of driving when it's very busy. I will probably strip the bed and wash it all. Otherwise a quiet day. Have a good day all.