Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 10th October 2026

(8 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 10-Oct-26 04:56:27

Good Morning Everyone ,
A dark but a dry start to the day here in Brackley.
Routine after breakfast will get an early bus into Bicester have a coffee and snack , do a shop hopefully see people I know.
With one the last one day cycle races on TV from Italy , this is my aim to watch the race .
I may have a Chinese take away later.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Sat 10-Oct-26 05:00:36

Good morning from another dark start to the day here in La Sarthe.

We’ve had early TIB and are about to try to sleep again!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

grandMattie Sat 10-Oct-26 05:27:50

Good morning from Bristol. Apart from dry pavements, I don’t know what it’s like out. We certainly haven’t had the promised bucketing rain. Just drizzle and that for short periods only.
Like blue, I too have contacted bellaswho is not very well and taking a short sabbatical.
This week, I have felt increasingly out of sorts but battling on. Yesterday, I felt so rubbish that, after finishing my chores, etc., I retired toned and slept for over an hour before lunch.
I decided to do nothing after I’d eaten so spent the afternoon dozing, reading and watching tv. Bt evening, I was feeling much better.
I’ve nothing on today, other than the church coffee & chat, so may/not go. I haven’t had a chat with anyone for ages, so may go just for that!
I hope you have a good weekend. Carpediem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Susan56 Sat 10-Oct-26 05:53:11

Good morning from Shropshire.

Flu jabs this morning followed by physio.

Good idea to go for the chat grandMattie then another restful afternoon?Hoping Bellas is feeling better very soon.

Like Ash and olddudders I am hoping to get a couple more hours of sleep.

Wishing everyone a good day 🦩🌻

GillyMo Sat 10-Oct-26 05:53:32

Good morning from a clear Herefordshire. I'm packed and ready to drive to mid-Wales to spend a week or so with a relative convalescing after her operation. Her house is in the middle of nowhere so it is very peaceful and very near a church so we will probably visit there every day, taking a stroll around the grounds.
Wishing all a happy weekend.

karmalady Sat 10-Oct-26 06:12:26

Good morning from s somerset, rain is forecast but where is it?

It is hard to pin down what I did yesterday, potching is the word, walked to the shops twice, did a first toile of a very different pattern designer but a very rubbish fabric, a jersey that felt horrible. Anyway I did the v neck to see if I liked it and yes that result was good, sleeve was good and the top length was too short. That trial has been binned and I have cut out the second attempt. Heyho, that is what I always need to do especially with a designer new to me and me being about 4`10

That pattern is sweet cheeks by pattern emporium and I am determined to crack it, that pattern has very many nice variations

So today I will be sorting in my sewing room, de-cluttering patterns, including cut-outs that I will never sew now and that includes some dresses with too defined a waist, alas my figure does not have a defined waist now. It is going to be an interesting and I hope, a satisfying exercise for me with no regrets over my changed figure, it is what it is

My fabric arrived in 2 days from pound fabrics so I can get on and make lots more bias binding today, their cotton lawn in lovely. I am also in process of prep for winter, making up kits for me to make over winter, cutting the fabric out now then packing into large zip lock bags as projects

I still need to think of food for today and will knit and watch another Bramwell episode this afternoon and perhaps get to my allotment with 2 more rain-catcher bins

madeleine45 Sat 10-Oct-26 06:14:38

I am spitting feathers as I just was about to post my missive and the wretched thing disappeared into thin air.!! I am going to have to go off to get things and hop when I get back I might manage to find it somehow in drafts or whatever, not a good start to my morning

Melanie61 Sat 10-Oct-26 06:24:59

Good morning from Sheffield
The hospital rang yesterday afternoon and offered hubby next Wednesday for the first carpel tunnel surgery.
He accepted of course. This means that I will have to work full time until he is able to go back to work. I’m not looking forward to this but needs must. We can’t get anytime to fill in so it’s down to me. I’m just worried about being tired. But also I don’t want him to do too much too soon.
He wants to take a taxi to the hospital but I have insisted that I will go with him and close for the day, unheard of but that’s what’s happening.
So this weekend I need to catch up on jobs so that they are out of the way.
I know other people struggle too and that my situation is hopefully only temporary. And this too shall pass.
Take care everyone flowers