Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026

(7 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 11-Oct-26 05:02:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but remains dry here in Brackley this morning.
Todays I plan to do some laundry and other housework , await arrival in the post as to when I am going to have the MRI scan .
Have lunch watch some cycling on TV this afternoon.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 11-Oct-26 05:14:22

Good morning from a dry Bristol.
I’ve been awake for hours having been awakened by the oddest dream. I was a prisoner (why? Of whom?) and I was sent to some cathedral, with two other prisoners, to find the two lost “half weeks”!
Yesterday was quiet, except for an hour at the church coffee and chat. As usual, I was with the very boring people - I suppose someone has to be nice to them.
Just the church service today - no vicar, which should be interesting. This will be the pattern for the next 6 months or more.
Have a blessed Sunday ✝️🦩🦩🦩🦩

Ashcombe Sun 11-Oct-26 05:19:30

Good morning from a dark, dry corner of La Sarthe where we saw a fair bit of sunshine yesterday with pretty cloud formations.

Our bird feeder has been well patronised and the extreme summer temperatures doesn’t appear to have diminished the regulars. One day recently we saw a woodpecker feeding on the ground beneath the feeder. Luckily, Perry seems more interested in the local rodents plus the odd gecko, sadly.

A blessed Sunday to you all.

🦩🥰✝️💐🦩

madeleine45 Sun 11-Oct-26 05:25:25

Good morning Michael and all GN's from a dark and chilly morning in North Yorkshire. I never managed to get back yesterday so will catch up with all the posts later. I was so mad that the wretched thing disappeared yet again and I couldnt get it back. Especially as for once I was saying that I was feeling a bit better and trying to be more positive!

So fingers crossed that it doesnt do the same again today. I had looked up the various goings on in the area and planned to go to a coffee morning in a local village run by and for Marie Cure. Then I needed to just get bread milk and the Yorkshire Post and go down to Thirsk to do a few bits,including getting fuel for the car, for which I had a voucher for up to £8 off from shopping in Tesco to the sum of £60.

I was wearing a typical autumn days outfit. Thin T shirt and trousers, but with a cashmere jumper on top, my sunglasses on as it was quite bright and my raincoat just in case sat in the car! So a lively drive up little winding roads, with lots of sheep about and trees just starting to turn colour.

The village hall looked very nice with tables set out and a tombola and of course the WI type stall with lovely looking cakes and home made jams etc etc. A good choice of cakes for the coffee too and I really enjoyed my good fresh coffee and a slice of victoria sponge, which by its freshness I would say had been baked that morning. I went across to buy some tickets from the tombola and to my surprise I actually won a bottle of wine and some chocolates. As I do not usually win on such things that was very good, and then I left there and went to Thirsk, got various jobs done and fuel done, cringe cringe at the price, and then my back was really bad so I took my Yorkshire post and went for a coffee in Cafe Nero, which was surprisingly quiet, but think everyone was out enjoying the sunshine. So I was able to get a comfortable seat and enjoyed both the paper and the coffee before setting off home.

It had been a pleasant day and in less pain , which makes such a difference. So I did then empty the car and put things away and made a meal and went to bed a little early. Ah well that didnt work out too well as I had a job getting off to sleep and then woke about 3.30am and couldnt get back to sleep so here I am, somewhat chilly in my dressing gown , but the plan for today is to stay at home, get the ironing done and the kitchen sorted out a bit whilst listening to Desert Island Discs and Private Passions. Sounds very mundane, but that will suit me for today as tomorrow I need to get in touch with the hospital and start making arrangements for appointments etc. Need to make sure I have done enough ironing so that I have a choice of things to wear this week. Looks as though it is going to be that mix of warm in the middle of the day but chilly mornings and evenings.Need to chcek out torches so that I have one in the car and another in my shopping bag etc and get ready for darker nights.

Fingers crossed that this doesnt disappear into the ether and I am going to get some breakfast and have my shower and then come back to read of the news and views from everyone later. Hope your day starts well whatever your plans and that you will have a peaceful sunday wherever you are

harrigran Sun 11-Oct-26 05:42:00

Good morning from a still dark NE, it must be cool because the heating has been on all night.
I have been awake since 4am with stomach pains, going to be a long day.
DS and GD did not visit yesterday, GD was ill when she returned from school on Friday and went straight to bed and remained there all day yesterday.
I had prepared all the food in advance so I was left with food which will have to be binned.
DS was out filming the aurora, just from his garden, but he does live out in the country. He posted photographs.
Another quiet day for me.
Have a good day.

Melanie61 Sun 11-Oct-26 05:56:59

Good morning from Sheffield
What a shame Harrigran. I hope your gd is feeling better.

Hubby has a few jobs he wants to do before his op on Wednesday. Such as digging a hole in the garden to expose the water pipe to the toilet outside for the builder. Building an ikea shoe cupboard for the same. I’m sure I can find him a couple more jobs.

We will go and see sister in law. She is starting radiotherapy next week, so want to give a bit of support.
I had my flu jab yesterday. I was queuing 50 yards into the car park! I need to pick a better appointment slot next year. I had a very disturbed night. I had a sore throat and felt very feverish but have woken up ok this morning. My arm’s not sore at all
Take care everyone flowers

RosesandLilac Sun 11-Oct-26 06:38:48

Good morning, chilly and dry here on the hillside in south Glos, I have tossed and turned all night so feeling a tad weary this morning.
I planted my wallflowers yesterday, it was very pleasant out in the sunshine, before spending a lovely couple of hours painting with my friend. So relaxing and enjoyable.
The washing dried nicely on the line and all put away.
My craft room is now 90% tidied, I emptied the cupboard and sorted my stash of threads, fabric etc. obviously now I won’t be able to find anything I need!, I have one more bit to do this morning then that’s done.
DH started cutting hedge, with his electric shears and cut through the lead…..of course it was all my fault for asking him to do it 😵‍💫 That’s precisely why I don’t like asking him to do anything!
Anyway, he has refused to let our lovely neighbour help him 🤷🏼‍♀️
Roast pork and all the trimmings planned for dinner. I cooked a chicken yesterday that I will strip and make some curries etc for the freezer this morning. I’m trying to meal plan more and stop relying on pre-prepared meals from the supermarket.
I’m going to start having a regular veg and fruit box from a local supplier because they’re super fresh and very good value.
I hope you have a good day x
🌹