Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Tue 21-Jan-20 06:08:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark, cold start here in Brackley this morning.
I have just spent the last 12 hours in bed with a bug, anyway think once I have a good breakfast should be OK.
Weighed myself as well and have lost over a kilo in weight.
Mick

Nannytopsy Tue 21-Jan-20 06:30:54

Not the best way of losing weight Mick but every little helps! Hope you feel better today. We are on school run and doggy day care today or I would still be asleep! Pitch dark but starry in Suffolk. The cars were icy last night so I guess we will be scraping the windows. I hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Kalu Tue 21-Jan-20 07:03:15

Good morning Mick and Nannytopsy. Still dark here in Glasgow.

Sorry to hear you have caught this bug too Mick Take care and hope it clears up soon.

Not much planned for today, possibly an overnight up to Perthshire if not, check out the to do list

Have a pleasant day everyone.

kittylester Tue 21-Jan-20 07:11:37

Morning all from a flipping perishing North Leicestershire.

I'm sorry you were poorly Mick and hope the breakfast does the trick

My uti should be on the march as I got an appointment with our lovely practice nurse.

Dh wants to make a start on clearing the lounge ready for decorating today. I shall supervise. grin

I hope everyone who was under the weather feels better today.

Beechnut Tue 21-Jan-20 07:14:17

Good Morning everyone. It’s very frosty on Severnside. Maybe it will help kill the bugs.

I’ve decided not to go swimming this morning, as the swim time I go is early and I would have to scrape the car windscreen. No point in standing out in the cold so I will stay in the warm and do my homework jobs instead.

I hope you all have a good day ?

Scentia Tue 21-Jan-20 07:16:08

Good Morning all.

Dark and looking very cold here in East Staffordshire.

Work today, but I am actually feeling a little better so think I am in the other side of this cold.

Babysitting duties this evening while DD goes running. Here DH works away for weeks at a time so we do like to help out to enable her to do stuff.
I love my evening with DGS, I get to give him tea, bath, massage, story then tuck him up in bed. He is such a good boy at bed time it is an absolute pleasure to do it.

Hopefully DD doesn’t mention me weighing in today as I have had a very greedy week food wise!! I’ve been ill and unable to swallow properly so had to have melt in the mouth chocolate and skips for most of the week. I will never lose this stone I have gained over the past 5 years, (it’s my age??)

I hope everyone is feeling like me, on the other side of their ill’s and issues. Take care all.

Grammaretto Tue 21-Jan-20 07:17:55

Good morning Mick, Nannytopsy, Kalu and all who follow. Too dark to tell the day but not cold in the Scottish Borders.
DH left early for a conference with my phone! His isn't working so I thought as he's driving it's more important for him. The sacrifices we make. grin

We will meet at the hospital this afternoon. Such an exciting life we lead.
It was an excellent GN meetup yesterday. We learned a bit more about each other and shared dog photos and knitting wool over the haggis and sticky toffee pudding (alternatives were available).

I hope the sick bay numbers are down and everyone's day goes well.

NanKate Tue 21-Jan-20 07:26:32

Good morning Mick and All.

So many of you in the Sick Bay at present. Mick Kitty Scentia. Hope you all continue to improve. Kitty you need to lie on a couch and call instructions to your DH.

Off for a blood test this morning and then Rummykub this afternoon. Of course still finding time to watch some Tennis from Oz, no doubt you will be doing the same Bellasnana.

mrdsmusicschool Tue 21-Jan-20 07:30:12

Good morning to everyone.

vena11 Tue 21-Jan-20 07:32:06

Good Morning all from a frosty Bristol.
Sorry you are feeling under the weather Mick hope it passes quickly.
Up early again, I just could not get back to sleep when I awoke at 5, not much on today just a visit to the shops to pick up an order at Marks and Spencer then daughter is coming down from Wolverhampton for a meeting tomorrow so we will have a great chat tonight.
I hope all who are under the weather are feeling a bit better today.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Jan-20 07:45:14

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Very frosty and cold here in SE Essex.

Hope all of the poorly people are feeling better soon flowers

I have booked a relaxing massage and a facial this morning, have a GS for sleepover this evening, it seems to be a regular thing since they moved out and we love having him.

Lots of cuddles with newest baby yesterday, it always amazes me how quickly they change.

Keep safe folks x

Susan56 Tue 21-Jan-20 07:49:18

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.A very frosty start today.
We are off to see our younger daughter and family in Stafford today?we will be celebrating a very belated Christmas with them.
Hope Mick,kitty,Mary and all others on the sick list continue to improve as the day goes on and that dragonfly is feeling much better.Oldgaijin,hope the visit with the Macmillan nurses was positive and that you are feeeling better today.
Hope you and DH had a better night gilly.

Sark Tue 21-Jan-20 07:53:04

Good Morning everyone
Cold and frosty in Oxfordshire.
Thought I had got over last week's laryngitis but throat sore and voice croaky again today but there you go.
Not a great day ahead...work and then cut and colour at the hair dressers...I hate it! Lovely lady just hate having my hair done!
Best wishes to everyone especially poorly ones

conor Tue 21-Jan-20 07:54:04

Good morning from an icy Essex. Car scraping I think before the school run. Then a nice warm up in the supermarket before my afternoon school volunteering. School run again later and dinner provided before I collapse on my yoga mat this evening! Have a good day everyone and keep warm xxx

cornergran Tue 21-Jan-20 07:54:06

Morning Mick, morning All from a frosty, very misty corner of Somerset. Hope you really are better today mick, supervising sounds the best role kitty. Admin, ironing and a lunch time meeting for me today, nothing too strenuous as energy is still awol. Special thoughts for those unwell or struggling for any reason and hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Tue 21-Jan-20 07:59:48

Good morning all from a very dark Glasgow, rain forecast, but it's 9C, so no frost.
Sorry to hear you had a bad day, yesterday, Mick

I won't be doing much today, I have the dreaded lurgy. I feel as if a wee man is inside my head banging with a hammer and I feel really fluey. I long for the day when I no longer bore everyone and can come on with good news saying, I feel wonderful! wink
DH has volunteered to do the supermarket shop ( he hates shopping) and pick up DGD from nursery, so I must look ill. grin

Have a pleasant day and sending healing vibes to all the patients in the sick bay, especially oldgagin, Dragonfly , Gilly and anyone I have unintentionally missed out. My brain is mush this morning. ?

Resurgam123 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:05:49

Good Morning All.
I have just stuck my nose out of the door and it's about
2 degreesC
When I came home from choir last the car park had some ice and there were some foggy patches.
There is some winter about.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 21-Jan-20 08:08:16

Good morning from east London, heavy frost outside, looks almost wintery with the clear sky. Then again, when we played tennis yesterday, at times the sun was warm enough to sit in. Booked the holiday for our usual big family break in October, got up this morning wondering if I’d got the right place and if everyone will like it. I’ve gone for a rural location rather than in a town for a change but hey, they’ve all got cars. Back to Southend today for more cleaning etc; SiL is joining us later to finalise arrangements for the funeral. Hope you have a good day.

oldgaijin Tue 21-Jan-20 08:08:32

Good morning from a dreich, gray Aberdeenshire.

Today, I am going to bid farewell to a group of ladies with whom I have had the pleasure of fund raising for a children's charity for more than forty years...it will be hard.

While telling a friend that I had the big C, she looked at me in horror...she thought I meant the CLAPP!!!

Well, medicine time...it takes forever to remember the morning/evening pills 'n potions.

The mutt is going for a chase with his bestie mate while I am out, so he will be a tired wee boy when he gets home.

Have a good day everyone.

Resurgam123 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:09:28

I had missed the word Night . If anyone noticed.

NannyJan53 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:13:43

Good Morning from a very frosty Black Country.

Had a lie in as Partner is working from home today.

Was having to wait in for a Gas Engineer to service the Boiler. He arrived at 8.00am! Luckily I was up at 7.40. So at least I don't have to wait in all day. May go on an afternoon 'Walking for Health walk.

Sorry you have caught this bug too Mick so many people I know have had it.

Wishing you all a good day, especially Marydoll,*Dragonfly*and gilly (who I hope gets her referral soon)

Ginny42 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:19:14

Good morning Mick and everyone. Goodness this sick list is growing! It's dark and cold in Cheshire. Peered out to see frosty rooftops, but none at ground level.

I'm late coming on this morning as had a lengthy call from my DD. We do the same job- and she wanted to run a report by me. That was a rude awakening for the brain! I'm now wide awake.

Meeting some old colleagues from years ago for coffee this morning, and this evening going for an early dinner with neighbours where there is a discount for early diners. Will have to resist the scones in the coffee shop.

Get well wishes to the sick. It's never nice to feel ill, but at this time of year it always seems worse somehow. Special get well wishes to the oldgaijin, Dragonfly (I hope you got some pain relief), the Gillybobs and anyone I may have forgotten.

ninathenana Tue 21-Jan-20 08:27:53

Good morning all.

Sunny and quiet a thick frost in Kent.
Usual Tuesday top up shop and coffee out this morning.
Have a good day everyone.

Lins1066 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:33:44

Good Morning, thick frost again on the S Welsh coast.
Hope you feel better soon Mick.
.oldgaijin you are an amazing woman and fund raiser extraordinaire.
Have a good family get together Susan
Beast wishes to those with worries and illness.

Greyduster Tue 21-Jan-20 08:35:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Glad you’re feeeling better Mick but don’t run before you can walk. Another nice clear, very cold start in South Yorkshire. DH says our heating came on during the night, so it must have been very cold! School run later and tea with DD to celebrate her birthday, which is tomorrow, then DH is taking GS to watch his favourite team, Man City, play our team at home. I have told him that if he wants to shout for City, he has to mime it, silently, or grandad won’t buy him a sausage roll at half time!
Warm thoughts to all who are struggling. Have a good day folks.