Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Sat 30-May-20 06:08:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another clear blue sky day today here in Brackley.
Today , apart from TV etc, the slow cooker will come out gain and I will do another curry ,which should last two days.
I am also going to mix some cornflour in to thicken it .
Comprises of Cut up chicken thighs , peas and spring onions chopped up maybe a normal onion as well , I like the Chinese style curry so could put some soy sauce into the blend as well.
Take Care
Mick

Puzzler61 Sat 30-May-20 06:18:23

Good morning Mick and All. What time will you be eating that delicious curry Mick? Do you have room at the table for my DH - it’s his favourite meal.
Sunny in Worcs with a nice breeze blowing the curtain, expect it will get hot again later.
DD1 is coming to make a garden visit today which will be a pleasure to savour and I’ve accepted an offer to visit a friend in her garden early next week. Things are looking up!
I ventured into a shop yesterday with mask and gloves on and came out with bunches of pink and purple tulips for the house.
I wish everyone a good Saturday, take care if you’re going out ?

Scentia Sat 30-May-20 06:43:41

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. It is a sunny day here and will get warm later. Off out in a walk with the pooch in a while then I really must do a supermarket shop, I disliked it before lockdown, I just dislike it more now!
Working the next two nights so a rest this afternoon to prepare. I will first go to the wood yard and get a new top bar for the garden swing as it is not long enough. I built it myself and clearly my engineering skills aren’t as good as I thought they were ?
I hope everyone has a good day and stay safe and alert folks.

Sar53 Sat 30-May-20 06:45:47

Good morning Mick and Puzzler61. I've been awake since 5 so decided to get up and read.
The sun is shining in Essex by the sea, I hope the wind has dropped as it was quite cold yesterday with the wind coming of the sea.
Nothing planned today apart from a walk which ends with us sitting on a bench watching the world go by.
Chinese takeaway this evening, not my favourite but DH likes it .
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx

Urmstongran Sat 30-May-20 06:46:05

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s a beautiful start to the day. The sun comes up further along the coast, behind Malaga city which is at the far end of what looks like, from here anyway, a large horseshoe bay.

The sky is a pretty pink and apricot wash, there’s no breeze and I can smell the pine trees - always more so first thing in a morning. I wonder why? I put it down to the early morning dew on the leaves evaporating in the warm sun. But maybe I’m just being fanciful!

Yesterday afternoon we had a knock at the door. The partner of Himself’s friend called to tell us he had suffered a heart attack at 5am and she had driven him to the hospital. At first he had been convinced it was bad indigestion. However she insisted they go and said he’d had an op to his main artery with two more arteries scheduled for a procedure on Monday morning. Hence he wouldn’t be coming (today) for beers SD at our front door.

You never know the day do you? I’d say he’s about 62y, slim and we had seen him the day before in the street with his golf clubs slung over his shoulder. I hope all goes well for him. He’s in the right place. We were both saying just now it’s lucky it didn’t happen when he was playing 18 holes on the golf course.

On that note, I’ll wish everyone here a Saturday that is kind to us all. Carpe diem.

Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Beechnut Sat 30-May-20 06:49:47

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Another hot day on the horizon.

I’ve no idea what I will do today so I’ll just take it as it comes.

Enjoy those tulips Puzzler, some white ones caught my eye yesterday while in the store entrance queue. I didn’t buy them though. Someone else will enjoy them.

Have a good day all ?

Urmstongran Sat 30-May-20 06:52:53

Scentia I’m impressed by your skill set! Kudos to you.

Beechnut Sat 30-May-20 06:57:05

No, Urm you never know what the day may bring when you wake up in the morning.

Pantglas2 Sat 30-May-20 07:10:26

Another bright and sunny good morning from north Wales where I’m enjoying the chamberpot (as it were!☕️)

How unsettling Urmstongran to hear of your friend’s emergency admission, let’s hope he makes a swift recovery flowers

Those tulips sound gorgeous Puzzler- such stunning colour choices these days ? Not a lot planned today but will FaceTime DD later to see about meeting up next week now that we have FM permission! Stay safe and enjoy your weekend everyone x

Bellasnana Sat 30-May-20 07:13:18

Good morning everyone. It is raining in Malta at the moment. Yesterday began the same way but it cleared into a lovely sunny day.

I’m braving the hairdresser this morning as she tells me it is now ok to have a blow dry. I’m having a trim as well. My fringe definitely needs professional attention after my attempts at hacking it over the past weeks.

That must have been a shock for you, Urmston. Hope the gentleman makes a speedy recovery. Thank goodness his wife got him to hospital in time.

Hope you all have the best day possible. Keep safe everyone.☀️

NfkDumpling Sat 30-May-20 07:20:34

Morning All

Bright and sunny again this morning in the north of Norfolk, but the wind has an easterly bent and is a little more chill.

Reading Urmston’s post makes our decision to move to semi-shielding seem more sensible. Seize the Day! (Although I read yesterday that our bit of Norfolk hasn’t apparently reached Covid peak yet! The rate is going down so how can anyone tell?)

Waiting with baited breath to hear if today’s the day Gilly will get good news from Barclays. ?

Justwidowed Sat 30-May-20 07:21:09

Morning everyone from a sunny Lancashire. Had 4 hours unbroken sleep last night but been awake since 4 this morning.Finally gave up and made a welcome cup of coffee 10 minutes ago.
Now back in bed catching up on Gransnet.
May give the conservatory a good clean later but that will be my lot for today.
Hope all have a good day in this beautiful sunshine.

cornergran Sat 30-May-20 07:31:36

Morning Mick, morning All. Blue sky and a gentle breeze in our corner of Somerset. Off to clean mud from my parents grave today, their part of the cemetery was flooded (remember rain?) just before lock down. Must feed my neighbours cat first, I’m still convinced I’ll forget it one day. What an unsettling surprise urmston, as you say, you never know the day. More hopes from here that there will be good news for gilly. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, stay safe.

dragonfly46 Sat 30-May-20 07:32:36

Good morning from another beautiful day in Leicestershire, there is a gentle breeze keeping us cool!

What a shock for your friend Urms he is in the right place though, I believe the health service in Spain is excellent.

I got tulips on my Sainsbury delivery and the lasted ages.

Had a bad night so will be spending the afternoon on the sun lounger under the tree.

Hope Mary and all who are poorly feel better and Gilly has had good news.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 30-May-20 07:33:48

Morning all from a bright South Notts, looks like it'll be another hot day.

What a horrible shock, Urmston I hope your friend gets better.

My problems are very trivial by comparison. The email inbox on the laptop has emptied itself - I've no idea why or how to retrieve things. Computer shop shut for the duration and no-one is allowed to visit to put it right.

I can't blame her but since my sister installed stuff on my fancy phone the pc hasn't been itself iyswim. I must take a lot of the blame as I am a bit of a chump with technology. Oh well, worse things happen at sea, as dear old Mum used to say.

Hope all is well with you all, especially those with troubles.

gillgran Sat 30-May-20 07:44:52

Good Morning to you all, from another bright, sunny & very warm, Cambs.,

Early, ( for me ), as we have an Ocado order being delivered between 8, & 9am. today.

Have as good a day as you are able, folks. flowers

grandMattie Sat 30-May-20 07:51:33

Good morning from a sunny E Kent. Hilly though for late May.
DH had a dreadful night (neither sleep well though otherwise in rude health), got up and disturbed me. I overslept and am late posting.
Definitely, urms, carpe diem indeed! Your poor friend. I hope the operation goes well, the Spanish HS is excellent I understand.
Today, we’re going back into our bedroom after the painters have finished. It is looking gorgeous, fresh and bright. Only another 4 or so weeks of disruption.

Marydoll Sat 30-May-20 07:55:44

Good morning all from a very sunny Glasgow. I was woken up at 6am by the sun streaming in the window, which is quite an unusual situation in Glasgow. grin

Rather than waste the day, I hobbled downstairs and put on a chicken to roast, before it gets too hot to cook.
There is something uplifting about pottering about the garden, picking herbs and just enjoying the early morning air. Usually we can hear the trains, fire engines and ambulances in the distance. It was so still and peaceful. A lovely start to the day.
I also stuck one of DD's tomato plants out in the sun. It is growing like a triffid and has outgrown the windowsill. It's is rather sinister with those creeping branches. ?

Urmstongran, what sad news about your friend's husband. I'm so glad he was not on the golf course, I hope he makes a good recovery.
I have to say, your description this morning is quite poetic! wink

DD and SIl to be are bringing my medication this morning, but they will be able to stay at the end of the garden, now regulations have been relaxed a bit here. I'm so looking forward to a proper catch up.

I had an unexpected visit from my darling wee granddaughter yesterday.
Some of you know that my DIL has had to stop coming to visit, as her mother my neighbour, has just ignored all the Covid regulations, which of course puts everyone at risk.
DIL was in the middle of baking, when her scales packed up.
Knowing I have a seige mentality, (no-one mocks me now in this pandemic) , she was sure I had spare baking scales.
She came baring gifts, a tub of yeast and my wee princess.
What a delight!

DGD was so excited to see her papa, having a light sabre fight (Star Wars fan) with two branches from the trees we were tidying up.
She discovered a lone, fat, ripe strawberry ? growing on DD's strawberry plants and asked if she could have it.
We told her my daughter wouldn't mind and filmed her drooling over it, then sent it to DD. ?.
DD was raging, as she was saving it for her gin tonight! grin
She then had an ice lolly, plonked her self down (at a safe distance to tell her papa her life story since lockdown began.
My husband was positively beaming.? and I had a tear in my eye. Small things mean so much nowadays.

I had a Tesco delivery due yesterday, shared with DD.
She phoned me early on to say all the meat products for her freezer and proposed barbecue had been taken off the list.
She was dreading having to go to our local supermarket for replacements, as no-one follows the rules.
Then my neighbour phoned from Lidl to see if I needed anything and I told her about DD. She came back from Lidl with all sorts of barbecue meat for DD, two packets of ICING SUGAR and three tins of CONDENSED MILK for me.
I'm willing to sell them to the highest bidder!!

To top it all, my neighbour said I know you like a gin. I reminded her that I can no longer have alcohol and she replied, This is a non alcoholic gin and I have also got you a bottle of tonic to go with it!
A good and kind friend indeed!

DD was delighted at getting replacements for her order from Lidl, until the Tesco delivery arrived. All the missing items had been put back onto the delivery, so we had so much stuff, I ran out of freezer and fridge space. We even filled the garage fridge.
DD had been paid and was doing her monthly shopping, hence the huge shop!
Phoning DD to ask if she could possible come and collect her shopping, since we had run out of space and it was so hot, she declined, saying they were relaxing in the garden and had had a beer, so couldn't drive.
Relaxing? I had spent so much time faffing with her shopping, I hadn't even been in the garden.?
DH and I spent ages trying to cram everything in the fridges and freezer, but I'm so glad that at least DD managed to relax! wink
Does anyone feel than they are busier now than before lockdown?

I hope everyone has a good day and Gilly has some good news for us.
Take care everyone and those meeting up with family, enjoy!

Grammaretto Sat 30-May-20 08:11:56

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is another glorious day. May is always the best month in Scotland but this is exceptional.
Today the town should have been "en fete" but the annual gala day has been cancelled. I heard a horse clip clopping down the main street yesterday but that was all.

What a shock for your friends Urmston I am glad he got such quick attention. As you say, we never know.

DS is playing golf today now that a few restrictions have eased.

I am so pleased you saw DGD yesterday Marydoll I had a tear in my eye at your description of papa and her.

I should really do housework before it gets too hot, but will I?
Have a great day everyone and try to keep safe.

Kalu Sat 30-May-20 08:12:51

Good morning all. What a joy having my kick start espresso in the garden earlier, so calm and quiet apart from birdsong and watching our cat stretching in the sun. I have a large low bowl of cat-nip for her but she is now ignoring that as her latest pleasure is rubbing against the weigela.

I do feel a definite sense of a bit more normality now that we have been allowed to visit friend’s and family’s gardens but with caution as Nicola has reminded us with a plea to think of others. Media photos show parks and beaches have some sunbathers but nowhere is jam packed thankfully.

A lazy day pottering about the garden and relaxing under a shady tree. Bliss

Wishing everyone a good day and a better day for those of you with troubles.

dragonfly46 Sat 30-May-20 08:13:14

Know what you mean Mary I also find myself incredibly busy!

EllanVannin Sat 30-May-20 08:15:25

Good Morning All x
Another lovely day in the offing so more bedding washing. I was also thinking of doing the patio curtains, but somehow doubt that even one of them will fit into the machine so I'll leave them for my D to do in hers as it's a much bigger tub.

You tend to look for washing when the weather's like this. smile

I wasn't the only one who's been having problems with the PC as I went onto the ISP site and read umpteen complaints. It was un-usable the other day. Up to now all is well with it. Good job I didn't fiddle with it or it could have made matters worse.

A chicken to cook today for tomorrows' dinner though no doubt the legs will be gone by teatime today grin, or even lunchtime as I like the legs to be hot but the breast cold.

Some local shopping, not a lot, just fresh fruit/veg and meat to freeze. I can't get dried peas which I do like with a chicken dinner so perhaps fresh sweetcorn by way of a change. I'm not too experimental with food and tend to be traditional, though I do like cooking and vary my diet.

I'll be sitting outside later to read the paper----with my daft hat on because yesterday I could feel the sun burning my head when I was standing talking to someone ( shows how thin/ fine the hair's gone sad )

I can imagine the smell of those pines Urmston as I loved that early morning smell of the air. All that there is here is the smell of dried grass which is like straw, not unpleasant mind you and better than traffic fumes.

Hope everyone is staying well and still following instructions smile I'm not for lifting the lockdown at all really as the damn virus will be back with a vengeance and right now dread the thought of autumn/winter, so it's best not to think about it.

Enjoy this lovely weather what ever you get up to and soak up the Vit. D but take care. Stay safe everyone. xx
Hope all is well in the Gillybob household. x

Brunette10 Sat 30-May-20 08:23:00

Good morning from a sunny Fife again. I was hanging out washing this morning at 5.35, couldn't sleep so got up and got on. It was absolutely glorious, sun out, not a peep from anywhere, just devine. We had a wonderful day yesterday visiting DD and DGS's, they were just great, 4 year old knows to keep distance and the 18 month old was very good and DD caught him on the occasions he was nearing us. He thought it fun of course. Marydoll so glad you managed to have visitors too, I know how it would have cheered your day up, it's just lovely. Today will be another quiet one but I know that we are taking tiny steps forward and will take time but it's for the best we shall just be patient. Thinking of all. Hoping everyone has a good day. Take care.

brook2704 Sat 30-May-20 08:27:11

Good morning everyone from a beautiful warm and sunny Inverness. The weathers all set for the weekend, so looking forward to the sunshine !

Normally when the weathers so good I enjoy being in the garden but I’ve been doing so much of that recently that I feel like a change.. I’ll see what the day brings ! Our 2 local garden centres opened yesterday so I may pop along there ... ?

I spent a lovely couple of hours in my DD2 garden yesterday afternoon , I was so pleased to see the little ones playing in the sunshine. They’re young but understood about the 2m rule and had great fun with the metal tape measure, both measuring out where we were allowed to go and hilariously acting as a lead to walk me round the garden with me pretending to be her pet puppy ! The things we do ..... ??

OH has just gone for some weekend food shopping and I’m enjoying the peace ....

I hope your friend is doing ok and makes a quick recovery urmston

marydoll what a lovely surprise visit yesterday from your DGD - These little ones really do lift your spirits ? And I hope you enjoyed your special G&T !

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend, take care and keep safe ?

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 30-May-20 08:29:58

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny, not sure if we’ve got the cool breeze from yesterday as haven’t stuck anything out the window yet. Just been checking thro yesterday’s post and came across that lovely word ‘scunner’, a word I still use from my youth (Northumberland coalfields) that makes me feel what I’m saying (can’t remember the grammatical term). It’s like a shiver going through you when you sense something unpleasant. Good walk yesterday, down to City airport (still closed by the look of it, all the planes lined up on the runway) and tried to walk along the river to Royal Docks but had totally forgot what was on the way - the Excel centre aka the Nightingale Hospital which meant a diversion back onto the main road. Only security guards there now.
Dithering about doing a big shop today or just a bare necessities one. May be popping over to see DSD and her mum as the former is heading back to Exeter after 11 weeks away from her fiancé and dog.
I’m off, I’ve wittered enough; have a good day.