Gransnet forums

Chat

The internet is a wonderful thing!

(10 Posts)
kittylester Sun 29-Nov-20 08:15:14

On Friday evening DH was watching England play South Africa in Twenty Twenty cricket as was his younger brother who lives in Capetown. They were messaging each other on WhatsApp all the way through.

DBiL has dementia!

Missfoodlove Sun 29-Nov-20 09:42:25

It is wonderful and so fabulous that it can bridge the gap.
Our youngest son lives abroad,we haven’t seen him for almost a year.
Thank the Lord for FaceTime, what’s app etc.

MawBe Sun 29-Nov-20 09:46:14

Wonderful - says something for the power of a shared love of cricket too!

Grannybags Sun 29-Nov-20 09:48:31

How lovely!

BlueSky Sun 29-Nov-20 09:53:40

Yes when you have loved ones abroad it’s the only way to keep sane. A wonderful invention!

Franbern Sun 29-Nov-20 10:32:12

Lynx most Solicitors who do conveyancing are quite trustworthy, but rather slow - and usually need for you to actually 'them' to keep your file at the top of their pile.

My only experience of an on-line conveyancing company was very bad. When I was selling my house last yeare, small chain just three of us. The people at the bottom used one of these companies. When it came to the time we were exchanging contracts, it was held up for days, as this on-line conveyancing company was not able to be reached by anyone. Emails, phones call, etc from solicitors, Estate Agents, the couple themselves were all totally unanswered. Their so-called 'office' was not a real one.

It was getting desperate, as I needed to complete within a few days to be able to move on my chosen date. My lovely EA spent nearly a whole working day just trying to contact this company. As did Purple Bricks through whom the couple using them had purchased. Took four very fraught days to get a reply from them.

Callistemon Sun 29-Nov-20 11:10:39

Oops, wrong thread I think, Franbern so your useful advice could go unnoticed by Lynx.

SueDonim Sun 29-Nov-20 16:07:39

My four dc all live scattered around the UK and US and none live near us but we are able to ‘chat’ to each other every day. It’s wonderful.

AGAA4 Sun 29-Nov-20 16:18:33

What would this year have been like without the internet?

kittylester Sun 29-Nov-20 16:19:00

Dh and his younger brother are the youngest of four brothers so have always have been close.

The older 2 were born early in the war and DH and DBil were born just after. The older two went to Boarding School together which left the younger ones together a lot.

All of them went to County Cricket and to Rugby matches but cricket stuck with dh and his brother.

They are watching the 2nd match 'together' today. It also helps DBil's wife as DH is keeping his brother focused a bit. Something he struggles with.

Brilliant!