Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Monday

(3 Posts)
Rufus2 Mon 17-May-21 15:34:09

Have you all withdrawn your life savings for today’s splurge!? Good Luck!
Aveline Your Roast beef menu is more like Winter’s fare, the sort we’ll be looking at for our “Christmas in July” festivities.
You could have been more adventurous with selections such as;
Roast carrot coriander and pestosoup;
Creamy curried beef stroganoff;
Air fryer chicken schnitzel “toasties”!

I’m told that cat in free-fall was in Chicago. Good job it wasn.t a Maine Coon; the foundations would have been shaken!

Today, I opened the box containing my Air Fryer which has been sitting there for 14 months. Bought as an “impulse buy” for $49.

Microwave oven packed it in this weekend; will be lost without one; only $85 for a downsized model. No hope of repairing it! sad

Pictures on TV News this evening showing new Covid mass vaccination centre; not exactly overwhelmed with customers.
Weather still cold with showers, so not exactly enticing for going out!

Megs When you had to postpone the wedding last year, 2021 seemed ages away
and now here we are! Hope the Covid “conditions” remain favourable! The weather is something else.

Tonight’s educational TV was another episode of “The Tower of london” with a 62 gun salute then off to the Cairngorms with Susan; another one of her Secret Scotland series!

Sorry; I noticed an old friend has just returned so I had to go and welcome her back!
Catch you later today Chewsday!

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Aveline Mon 17-May-21 17:14:44

I know what you about microwaves. We'd starve without ours. Lunch yesterday was lovely. So was today's! Asparagus, Sea Bass and chocolate mousse. So much eating over the last couple of days. Great to have the restaurants open again.
I'm surprised your vaccination centres aren't busy. We were all so glad to get ours that we trooped out when we got our letters. Very well organised indeed. No hanging about and a constant throughput. Long days for the staff.
Very nice to see a newly returned Gran.

Megs36 Mon 17-May-21 17:19:45

Rufus late to the
party again so sleep well.
Cheers????????