Gransnet forums

Chat

Yet another scam

(52 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Tue 15-Jun-21 08:29:18

Received an email stating I had been "chosen" to receive a £1,000 Tesco gift voucher and to claim it just click on the link (yeah like that is going to happen!) According to moneysupermarket this is a scam

Blossoming Tue 15-Jun-21 20:27:05

There are quite a few of these doing the rounds. Block and delete.

SpringyChicken Tue 15-Jun-21 20:35:16

I've received a series of emails with no content except 'click here to unsubscribe'. That isn't going to happen either.

SpringyChicken Tue 15-Jun-21 20:37:30

Oh and a couple from 'Costumer Service'. lol

Kamiso Tue 15-Jun-21 20:42:36

SpringyChicken

Oh and a couple from 'Costumer Service'. lol

Which costume did you go for? Mickey Mouse or Napoleon?

timetogo2016 Tue 15-Jun-21 20:42:52

I too had that,and it costs £1,50 to collect your reward.
Yehhhh right.
If it sounds too good to be true ,it`s because it is.

Blossoming Tue 15-Jun-21 21:13:35

I quite like the sound of a ‘Costumer Service’. I’ve always fancied a ‘Chemise de la Reine’ with a wide brimmed hat.

annodomini Tue 15-Jun-21 21:13:53

My automated phone call this week was from the National Crime Service to tell me my National Insurance Number was about to be cancelled (or suspended?). I was laughing so much I didn't hear the rest of the message!

Grannybags Tue 15-Jun-21 21:18:06

I had that one this morning annodomini

Apparently it had been used for "fraudulent financial dealings" so was going to be cancelled!

Alioop Thu 17-Jun-21 11:06:31

I'm am fed up with all these scams, although I haven't had the Tesco one yet. I'd 4 different ones in a week and blocked so many numbers.

bear1 Thu 17-Jun-21 11:21:12

i have had this one many times also argos,sainsburys and amazon all get deleted without even opening also had the same one about my national insurance how these people get my phone number and email when i am very carefull who i give them to

Flakesdayout Thu 17-Jun-21 11:24:32

They really are tiresome. I'm still waiting to be arrested for fraudulent activity. Several of my Bank accounts have unexplained activity. My solar panels need updating as does my loft access and can some strange person come and look round my house. I have had several parcels waiting to be delivered and some messages are now starting to come through to my work phone. I'm even getting tired of pretending I am hard of hearing or that my friend is on the other end who cant hear me.

b1zzle Thu 17-Jun-21 11:27:13

I've just had a text telling me that a parcel couldn't be delivered to me because of insufficient postage, so I needed to pay the £2.99 ...

(And no doubt they'd want my bank details for this).

I deleted it.

henetha Thu 17-Jun-21 11:30:14

Another phone one this morning, threatening me with arrest because I haven't paid my National Insurance. I didn't even answer the phone, but they left a voicemail. Blooming cheek!

Moggycuddler Thu 17-Jun-21 11:34:21

So many scams these days to watch out for. I'm dubious about every "offer" and "free gift". Not quite the same thing, but this morning I had an email in broken English from China offering me £10 to remove a very negative review of a product I left on Amazon a while ago. Rather unethical.

Witzend Thu 17-Jun-21 11:34:47

What I find most annoying about so many of them, is that they’re recorded messages, and any ‘press 1 now or else’ will just lead to an automated response, so you can’t even have the satisfaction of telling them very loudly to eff off!

GillT57 Thu 17-Jun-21 11:40:30

If I don't post on here during the next couple of days, it will be because I have been arrested. It would appear there is a warrant out for my arrest unless I give the nice man by bank details of course.

Danma Thu 17-Jun-21 11:44:13

Please report all suspect email
Scams to

www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/report-suspicious-emails?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5auGBhDEARIsAFyNm9GGPcIyaXyfMEzsk5di7NvQIPDnNnD-0LSN1kULKp84uZM-VmvG6lcaAv51EALw_wcB

Blossoming Thu 17-Jun-21 11:45:01

Aldi now have a costumer service dept and they want to give me a £100 voucher.

Growing0ldDisgracefully Thu 17-Jun-21 11:58:09

I will be joining several of you in your prison cell because of the fraudulent activity connected to my NI number. Shall we organise an escape committee?

coastalgran Thu 17-Jun-21 11:59:27

In May I received an email saying I had won the May draw for Trust Pilot Reviews and I would get £500. I thought it was a scam, turned out it was absolutely legitimate and I received the £500 and went along to the store that I had reviewed on Trust Pilot and got my photos taken with the giant cheque for their marketing purposes, a lovely coffee/cake and treated very well indeed by the staff. So not every offer is a scam.

GillT57 Thu 17-Jun-21 12:10:36

Growing0ldDisgracefully

I will be joining several of you in your prison cell because of the fraudulent activity connected to my NI number. Shall we organise an escape committee?

I have just started baking a cake, a few packets of 'spice' baked into it, we may need that to pay for protection. We need to sort out cell sharing, any snorers?

Growing0ldDisgracefully Thu 17-Jun-21 12:16:25

GillT57 sorry, yes I do, according to my other half?

Blossoming Thu 17-Jun-21 12:22:26

A new one this morning claiming to be from the TV Licensing Authority. My direct debit has failed and my licence will expire tonight. So I need to confirm my bank details and give them my credit card details so they can take the failed payment.

Wonderful, except we don’t have a TV or a licence.

Danna I have reported it as it looked very official and may catch some people out.

BlueRuby Thu 17-Jun-21 12:36:14

I've had a whole bunch of scam phone calls in the last few weeks. If it's an actual person I ask them why they are calling and why haven't they asked me the correct security questions. They always hang up immediately!!