Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(56 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 25-Jul-21 06:09:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Is a grey and wet start here in Brackley this morning.
Up earlier again to watch remainder of the women's Olympic cycle road race.
I yesterday received all my notifications as planned coach trips , also read online as to the person who used to run the trips I went as decided to retire after 40 years in the business , but the coach firm he used have decided to continue with allot of his own ideas etc and maybe some new ones .
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Sun 25-Jul-21 06:35:15

Good morning from a dry and fine thank Torbay.

The beach in N. Wales look beautiful, BlueSapphire! We once attended a wedding at Portmeirion, which was rather special.

Yesterday afternoon we gave a brief demonstration of our Move It Or Lose It routines which was well received. We were rewarded with cream teas, which I wouldn’t normally eat but it was welcome after the exercise!

Today, I’m playing the piano for the early service then taking my friend who had knee surgery to do her shopping. She is doing well, although having macular degeneration makes it difficult for her to distinguish some items.

I hope we all find a reason to smile today. ??☀️??

MawBe Sun 25-Jul-21 06:37:23

Good morning Mick and all to come.
A fine drizzle here in N Bucks with thick cloud and rain forecast for the day.

Ah well, saves watering the garden!
A thoughtful day for me - like a patchwork quilt is made up of different squares, the good times and the bad, the ups and downs are what makes up a marriage.
And it was a pretty damn good one !
Wishing you all a pleasant day (if appropriate with your gentlemen ?)

Sar53 Sun 25-Jul-21 06:50:35

Good morning from a damp, grey day in Kent.
My 3 year old granddaughter, who finally went to sleep after 8 last night, woke me up at 1, 2 and 6.30 this morning. I'm glad her parents are returning today to supervise tonight. I am tired .
I have some veg to prepare for dinner later and to tidy the house. Who knew looking after a three year old could be so tiring ??.
Enjoy Sunday everyone xx

maydonoz Sun 25-Jul-21 06:51:17

Good morning all from a dull and cloudy Herts where we're expecting a cooler, damp day.
I've got a busy morning coming up, some early preparation of lunch for DS2 and DIL before picking them up at the airport about lunchtime.
I stewed some rhubarb yesterday evening, that my sister gave from her allotment, it was very tasty, with a little brown sugar while cooking, and served with plain yogurt, a real treat.
Wishing you all a good day, whatever comes along.

Dwmxwg Sun 25-Jul-21 07:12:11

Good morning from north Surrey. Grey skies here, the rain yesterday didn’t come to much.
BlueSapphire your pictures reminded me of childhood holidays in north Wales, was the beach Harlech?
Mawbe your quilt is very beautiful and looks very tactile. May your memories today be of all the good times with your DH.
I did get to work yesterday but was fairly quiet so managed to catch up with some online training. I am booked for today too. The ward is having a a refresh next month so this will be my last shift until September.
Will go to the gym this morning, dog walk and a couple of phone calls to make.
Wishing all a peaceful Sunday.

Beechnut Sun 25-Jul-21 07:25:48

Good Morning from a dull Severnside.

I wasn’t successful with my bike yesterday. I should have just let the tyre down to put the wheel back in. Back to a YouTube video and failing that the shop.

I am meeting Beechnutella at the mall later. She wants to get a few things and I may come home with something for me.

Have a good day all ?

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 25-Jul-21 07:44:54

Good morning from a wet and dreary Vale of the White Horse.
A difficult day today, Mr Oops best mates wife was killed last week and he has been surrounded by family until today, so we are going to see him, goodness knows what we will say to him. I guess a hug will have to do as we have no words, it was tragic and by all accounts horrific.
It’s been a rough few days, but we have to concentrate on the family she left behind and remember the lovely lady she was.

Hope everyone has a good day and please take care out there.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 25-Jul-21 07:44:58

Morning Mick and all

It is grey here in S E Essex, we have rain and storms forecast for the rest of the day.

MawBe special days are never easy, you have your memories to keep you company today ?
Sar53 I too am exhausted The Imp thought it was party central at 3am took time to get him back to sleep, fortunately he didn’t wake up his brother or DH just DD and myself ?

No idea what today will bring other than going out for a late Sunday lunch, the 6yr old loves this local restaurant, however eating out with The Imp is never predictable or boring ?

Keep safe and well folks ??‍♀️

ginny Sun 25-Jul-21 07:48:17

Good morning from Aldeburgh where it is rather cloudy.
Never mind DGSs are bright and breezy and we are off to a zoo today. 5 year old is singing ‘we’re going to the zoo, zoo, zoo, you can come too, too,too.
Maw I’ m sure most of those memories are happy ones.
Hope you all find a smile today.

Elizabeth1 Sun 25-Jul-21 07:51:13

Good morning from a very early bright start to the day here on the east coast of Fife. The birds outside have also been wide awake very early.

Yesterday was the family annual bbq what great fun we all had unfortunately there’s no food left for today otherwise we could’ve had another mini bbq.shockThe sun sunshine is meant to be shining all day.Hurrah, long may it last.

I hate to be a wet blanket but that might be the end of our summer sad

So guys and dolls enjoy what good weather may still yet to come grin

Alizarin Sun 25-Jul-21 07:51:33

Good morning from south Cornwall where it promises pleasant weather for my grandson's 4th birthday. This morning the bouncy castle is being erected on a small playing field in their cul-de-sac and anyone living nearby can join in.

My allotment trip yesterday was interrupted by an invitation to the circus with youngest grandchildren and their dad. It was fantastic, jaw-dropping in fact. Fire eaters and motorbikes and jugglers galore. Much better than pulling weeds.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Ashcombe Sun 25-Jul-21 07:52:43

What a terrible tragedy for your DH's friend, Oopsadaisy1. I'm sure he will appreciate you just being there. Such kindness when someone is going through the worst possible times is the sign of true friendship. ?

Alizarin Sun 25-Jul-21 07:54:03

Oopsadaisy, how awful. Thinking of you and your visit today.

WishIwasyounger Sun 25-Jul-21 08:07:26

Good morning all, and thank goodness we’re loosing some of that heat. I was definitely starting to wilt. Going for a walk today with a girl friend, and hopefully a swim.

Marydoll Sun 25-Jul-21 08:07:32

Good morning one and all from a very cloudy Glasgow. We are promised sunshine and more heat later.

I had a lovely morning yesterday with DD, despite her being exceedingly grumpy, due to constant lack of sleep. My lovely SIL has at last gone to the doctor's and been referred to the sleep clinic, due to his horrendous snoring. None of us, apart from him, get any sleep when he stays here!! Even DH( he has a cheek) complains. ?
Espee DD suggested going to your market on the riverside. Just as you said, it was so disappointing! ? I remember it in it's heyday. I could have spent all morning there.

This morning I plan to potter in the garden, while it is still cool, the heat is making me feel quite unwell and I'm becoming quite grumpy frustrated at being unable to do much, to say the least. Every day is precious to me, I want to cram so much in, due to my prognosis. However, I haven't the energy to argue with myself, I have lots of sewing alterations to do, so I may just settle for that.

Has anyone have solutions to help mouth ulcers? Mine are caused by my auto immune conditions and despite medication from dentist, doctor and pharmacy, they are still not healing. Its so painful to eat. Probably not such a bad thing, as I have become rather plump during sheilding! ! ?

I'm sure many of you will be seeing family today, enjoy and cherish your time with them.
For those who are struggling, be kind to yourself. ?

Grandmabatty Sun 25-Jul-21 08:08:12

Good morning all. Clouds at the moment in Polmont but it's to clear up. Oopsadaisy1 that's very sad news. You are right, live life to the full.
Lots of sleepy grandparents this morning! I haven't had the boy wonder for a sleepover since he was very small and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. It would be different if I had a partner to help I suppose. Alizarin your circus adventure sounds good, although I'm not normally a fan. I really dislike clowns!
Our trip to St Andrews was postponed yesterday. The forecast was better inland so dd decided to do a buffet lunch. It was a lovely afternoon. Lots of good food, sunshine and family. Dgs wanted us all to stand in his tiny paddling pool which was a challenge! I really enjoyed myself.
Today I'm going to an art workshop in the garden. This time it's figure drawing which I haven't done, so I was keen to sign up to develop my skills. I'm beginning to regret it now though. Anyway I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I get there. Pork fillet for dinner later. Have a good day all.

Jaxjacky Sun 25-Jul-21 08:08:51

Good morning Mick and all from a slightly damp S Hants. Horrendous Oops what an awful thing to happen.
Mawbe precious memories for you today on your anniversary. ?
We’ve had the GC’s overnight, they’re both good as gold and it’s a pleasure, Imogen’s burn is healing well.
Think we’ve more rain coming in later; when the GC’s have gone home I might bung the hoover round, if I can get out in the garden there are weeds, again!
Have a happy Sunday all, thinking of those absent or not so good x

Marydoll Sun 25-Jul-21 08:09:21

Oopsadaisy what sad news you bring. ?

brook2704 Sun 25-Jul-21 08:10:22

Good morning everyone from from just outside Aviemore where the sun is up already and it’s forecast to be another warm sunny day. Yesterday early loud cleared by mid morning and it was a gorgeous day for walking by the lochs and through the pine trees in the shade. We enjoyed our picnic by the side of the water watching quite a few people having fun with kayaks and paddle boards. We’re off home today and will no doubt be tackling the weeds in the garden later - a never ending job

Sad news about your DH friends wife Oops I hope your visit will help in some way
Enjoy the zoo ginny such fun with little ones!
A day to treasure those happy memories Maw and remember the good times
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

monk08 Sun 25-Jul-21 08:11:31

Good morning from the Black country it's a lot cooler but no rain yet. Have woke up with a headache caused by my sinuses which usually means we will have thunder, we shall see.
Nothing planned for today, there is some ironing that's looking at me but I might ignore it.
?Maw
Tablet needs charging so will catch up later.
Enjoy your Sunday and may you all find some ?.

harrigran Sun 25-Jul-21 08:17:33

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Weather never brightened up yesterday so it was an indoors day.
Sister came and said she had problems with certain items missing when she went shopping and DD said the same when she arrived. Biggest problem was bottled water, we need it because the tap water is undrinkable.
DS and family are visiting this afternoon, be nice to hear about their holiday.
Thoughts are with you Oopsadaisy, be strong for your friend.

Alizarin Sun 25-Jul-21 08:18:45

Grandmabatty, there weren't any clowns, interestingly. Just two silly men who had us in stitches. I went a bit daft with excitement and told the horse-mad five year old granddaughter, 'Ooh, you'll see horses!' My son said, 'Mum, they haven't had horses in circusses for years.' Not sure what planet I was on ha ha.

baubles Sun 25-Jul-21 08:23:05

Good morning-*Mick*, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s still cloudy but yesterday began like this and turned out to be scorching.

We’re picking up the eldest DGD this morning for a sleepover on her own. We haven’t done that for a long time. Tomorrow she and I will go into Glasgow for a mooch around the shops.

Marydoll I used to suffer from frequent mouth ulcers and found that salt was the only thing that worked. I’d dab a wet finger into a little bowl of salt and apply to the ulcers. Excruciatingly painful for a short time but it did the trick.

Such very sad news Oops thanks

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday.

Lins1066 Sun 25-Jul-21 08:24:10

Good morning from a cloudy S Welsh coast.
Truly awful about your DH's friend Oopsadaisy I'm sure a hug and you just being there will help the poor man.
Thinking of you today Maw my best wishes to you.
My friend and neighbour was told on Friday that her illness is terminal, her DH has asked me yesterday to inform our neighbours as he cannot face it. There were some difficult visits and phone calls yesterday afternoon.
I am looking forward to a walk with the dog later and have a chicken to roast.
Take care every one and enjoy your day.