Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 3rd June 2023

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 03-Jun-23 05:43:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice bright sunny start here in brackley this morning.
Today, I will go to Bicester on the bus , today will see it running for the last time under its current service number ,as of Monday a different number and more frequent service , instead of Covid timings.
My plan a breakfast sarnie, plus shop and later go and gett a Chinese Take Away .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 03-Jun-23 05:48:51

Good morning from Bristol. It’s bright and sunny here too, though still quite chilly. I hope that breeze has died down.
I had a quiet day yesterday as , as usual, I had a sore arm an£ felt unwell after my covid booster.
Today will also be quiet as I only hav3 the church coffee morning for the lonely…
Heard from Urms yesterday evening. She is vey low; her DH’s chemotherapy is not very pleasant and sadly he’s having a hard time of it. Keep them in your hearts, please.
Have a good weekend. Carpe diem 🦩🦩❤️🦩

Mizuna Sat 03-Jun-23 06:00:58

Good morning from a sunny Cornwall where the baby gulls have hatched en masse and are squeaking like rusty joints on the rooftops. Thanks for the Urms update gM, thinking of them both, so tough. Today am off to a charity coffee morning for the Children's Hospice. It's held at our allotment coffee cabin, lots of home made cakes and craft. I've knitted some lightweight berets to sell. First time in ages I've been able to get there but my stents have given me my mojo back so off I go. Looking forward to seeing if my pond is producing frogs and how overgrown my allotment is!

multicolourswapshop Sat 03-Jun-23 06:24:25

Good morning my friends from a lovely start to the day here on the east coast of Fife.
I’ll be sitting in the garden today again my lovely carers will help me sit on our newly erected swing settee.I like it a lot and itl come in handy for the many guests I’ll be having for my annual bbq.

Have a nice day enjoy

karmalady Sat 03-Jun-23 06:26:32

Good morning, a sunny, warm and breezy day today

I am wishing urms and her dh strength to get through this horrible time

Not much to do today, a bit of this and a bit of that but I think I will do some routine maintenance on two of my bikes, dirty chains need cleaning after winter grime and it is a satisfying job, something I need to do this morning, in the shade

Have a good day

Ashcombe Sat 03-Jun-23 06:33:39

Good morning from a sunny part of mid Devon, although with the early morning chill, typical of this area..

Thank you for the update on Urmstongran and her poor DH, grandMattie. They are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your post vaccination discomfort soon subsides.

Great photo, multicolourswapshop! I’ve always wanted a swing settee, ever since attending a party as a child where there was one in the garden!

We enjoyed our (mostly) relaxing day on site and I made the most of the (Lidl) window vacuum cleaner on the outside glass on one side of our static. Before going home we shall take down the nets to wash at home then pop up next weekend to rehang them.

Later we might head out to Dartmoor but carefully avoiding roads that join the M5 as it's likely to be busy with half term ending this weekend. Tonight we’ve booked to dine at a restaurant I’ve visited before: The Oxenham Arms, which claims to be the oldest pub in Devon and Cornwall, listing Dickens, Drake, Nelson, the King and David Bowie amongst past clientele.

www.theoxenhamarms.com

Happy weekend, wherever possible. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

Susan56 Sat 03-Jun-23 06:49:33

Good morning from Shropshire.

Thank you for the update grandMattie.I am keeping Urms and her husband in my thoughts and prayers and wish them strength🙏🏻

Yesterday hospital visit went well.We were very lucky that as we arrived a car parking space became available😅The children behaved impeccably although they went slightly wild when we got home!

This morning I will take DGD to her monthly sewing club at the library then we shall have lunch in town before hopefully a relaxing afternoon.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩🌺

Grammaretto Sat 03-Jun-23 06:58:04

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
A warm day yesterday in the sunshine. I spent it at the fibre festival in Galashiels, where I had a spinning lesson, picnicked in the park, chatted with my friends. and spent money on lovely things
I am so sorry to hear Urms news isn't good.
Sending love and prayers.

Ali23 Sat 03-Jun-23 07:07:48

Good morning Mick and all from a fairly bright Leicester.
Thinking of Urms and Mr Urms. palliative chemo is such a harsh and heartbreaking treatment.

Lots of washing on the line here, and more to finish off today. A trip to the shops is second on my list, then a spot of gardening to plant out plants bought on holiday.

Have the best Saturday that you can, everyone.

harrigran Sat 03-Jun-23 07:11:18

Good morning from another sunny day in Angus.
Had a full day out yesterday, visited the House of Dun and then went to the beach at Montrose. Arrived back at the house with just enough time for a shower before going out to dinner at a wonderful restaurant.
It is years since I drank gin but have discovered the flavoured gins from the Gin Bothy and last night had a plum and vanilla one as an aperitif.
Homeward bound this morning after a wonderful week.
Thoughts are with Urmston and her DH.

baubles Sat 03-Jun-23 07:13:03

Good morning all from bright and breezy South Lanarkshire.

Yesterday was spent in and around Holyrood Park with the Edinburgh grandchildren, an enjoyable day.

The white dots at the bottom right of the photo are swans, I didn’t catch the herons but the pair were being very noisy.

Work again today, we need to decorate the window for the Gala competition, we won last year so no pressure!

thanks for Urms, she and her DH are often in my thoughts.

Have the best day possible everyone.

monk08 Sat 03-Jun-23 07:26:49

Good morning all from a sunny Black country where the wind has dropped should be in for a nice day.
Thanks for the update GM on Urms and her DH they are in my thoughts.
Ash passing our local playhouse I thought of you they are doing a production of Dads Army.
We are over to Redditch later to our friends.
Lovely photo baubles it looks so tranquil.
Will catch up with everybody's happenings later usual Saturday full English calling.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.

Pittcity Sat 03-Jun-23 07:27:15

Good morning from a brightening Colchester.
DH has decided that he needs new clothes for our holiday. Luckily he'll settle for the first thing he sees, so a quick nip to the shops first thing.
We have a BBQ at DD1's building site this afternoon for DGS3's birthday. Looks like I'll need a sunhat and a jumper.
Sending hugs to Urms and love to all 🦩 x

Gingster Sat 03-Jun-23 07:36:07

Good morning all and the weather is the same . Hopefully warmer later in.
The dog has just been sick, third time in two days! 🤔.

We met up with friends yesterday for lunch. What a poorly crew! One with cellulitis, one still recovering from a stroke, one with advanced Parkinson’s. One waiting for an hip replacement. All a bit deaf! We are all the same age and have been friends for nearly 60 years. Old age can be a bummer!

When I got home, my db messaged to say his wife had died. She’s been in a home for dementia for the last 2 and a half years, and the news was expected. I haven’t spoken to him yet but he was due to go to the Netherlands yesterday for his granddaughters christening. I think his Dd must have flown over here when hearing news of her Dm . I think the christening will be postponed now. So sad.

Sorry for the miserable post!

Love and prayers for Urms and her dh. 🙏
🌸

Grandmabatty Sat 03-Jun-23 07:40:30

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 8° and sunny already. We have had such a nice spell in Scotland. 💐For Urms and her lovely man. Susan I'm glad it all went well with the hospital trip.
Yesterday I copied Ash and washed my winter gloves and scarves. I then went a step further and washed all my floaty scarves too. I have rather a lot of them, so I did a cull and managed to clear out two drawers. I found black leggings that I had totally forgotten about as well, so we'll worth the effort. Lots of pottering around the house and garden was also worth the effort.
Today I'll go to Aldi for a small food shop. I've got the bed stripped and a washing on which will be hung out soon. Then maybe a visit to the local garden centre to buy bedding plants. My garden is tidy but lacks colour. Chicken curry for dinner. Have a good day all

kittylester Sat 03-Jun-23 07:41:36

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire.

The tiler is coming early to finish off the shower room and DH is continuing to clear out his wardrobe. I am supervising. 3 bags for the charity shop so far but it is hard going!!

Sending love to all who need it.

BlueSapphire Sat 03-Jun-23 07:42:24

Good morning everyone from a bright Northampton, set to be fine and warm if that north-east wind behaves itself.

A visit to the library this morning, then shall pop over the road to the sports centre for a cappucino in their coffee chop before walking home. Then hope to sit out in the sunshine with the papers and a book after lunch.

Steak for dinner tonight; was pleased with my tomato and chickpea curry last night; enough left for two portions for the freezer.

Thinking of dear Urms and her DH at this difficult time.

Wishing all a lovely sunny weekend.

Marydoll Sat 03-Jun-23 07:56:22

Good morning all, from a sunny Glasgow, where its currently 10°C.

My only plan today is to open up the church for the Vigil Mass, I have no oomph!

I'm glad to hear, that your appointment went well Susan and it wasn't as stressful as expected.
My RA consultant actually phoned earlier than my appointment time, which was good, as I was quite apprehensive, because my old consultant, who knew me well has retired. It was obvious, that he had read my notes very thoroughly and got straight to the point, no messing about with pleasantries. 😉
He acknowledged that I was having a very difficult year healthwise and asked if I wanted to recommence biologic treatment, advising I could restart my previous ones which caused all sorts of problems, or try a new one; I could come into hospital once a month or inject myself weekly, as I did previously.
I have chosen the weekly injection one, with a new medication. I feel poor DH, who is so supportive, has enough to do, without having to drive me to even more hospital appointments. Continuing to be independent is my mantra.
However, like previously, as part of the protocol, I have to be screened for various things, before I begin. The wheels of the NHS grind slowly.
DH is more reluctant than me and I could sense his concern.
The medication is apparently related to the drugs used in chemo and I know from experience the side effects are extremely brutal and I will be at even higher risk of infection.
However, I have no choice.

Lying resting , 💤💤💤, after a busy day, when I bought lots of sale bargains in Sainsbury's for Babydoll, I never noticed a text from DS last night, inviting us up to sit in their garden with Dollie.By the time I saw it, it was too late. I was so disappointed. 😪

Aggie, I am going to post a picture of my lone tomato plant, (a present from DD) with all its flowers. I have been a very poor nurturer, stuck it on a windowsill, watered and ignored it. blush

The poorlies always remain in my prayers and my thoughts are with The Urms. Ginster, I hope your DD is making some progress.

Have a great day, whatever your plans.

Taichinan Sat 03-Jun-23 08:04:27

Good morning all. Yesterday was glorious on the Angus coast and today is looking the same. There's not a single cloud in the sky - what joy! Harrigran I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here and have seen it at its best.
The house was neglected yesterday as I pottered around the garden and topped up the pond. First time this year, made necessary by the wind blowing the water out of the little waterfall.
This morning I shall attend to the house while Dear Gardener and his grandson tame the weeds and the grass. Actually at this time of year my favourite plant is Honesty, which is I believe classed as a weed. A close second is the clematis which has climbed to the very top of the Himalayan cherry tree. You will gather from that that I don't like a very neat and tidy garden!
I think of the Urmses a lot. They are such a happy and kind couple. I do wish them strength and comfort at this time.
Enjoy your day everyone, and keep out of the wind!

Gingster Sat 03-Jun-23 08:08:06

Oh I forgot to show you the pic of Dh after I started to cut his hair.
Good job it’s at the back and he can’t see it. It caused hilarity in the family. 😂😳🫣

Jaxjacky Sat 03-Jun-23 08:10:05

Morning from a bright Hampshire. We have the grandchildren today until tomorrow when my daughter returns from Las Vegas. We’re taking them crabbing, then out for dinner, tomorrow we can track her plane on Flightradar24.
Urms and her husband are in my thoughts daily.
🦩🦩

brook2704 Sat 03-Jun-23 08:10:07

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s another lovely sunny day ahead 😎
Thank you for the update on Urms and her DH gMattie keeping them both in my thoughts
Sorry to hear about your db wife Gingster so sad, sending condolences
I’m planning another day today pottering about in the garden and making the most of the weather.
What a beautiful serene picture baubles thanks for sharing - good luck with decorating the window!
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Harris27 Sat 03-Jun-23 08:15:31

Still loving menorca and hubby had his 66/th birthday yesterday. We had a nice surprise after a walk out champagne left in the room so it was champagne Friday instead of work Friday! It’s been lovely and he had the best day. Off fir breakfast now good day to all.

cornergran Sat 03-Jun-23 08:15:55

Morning Mick, morning All. A sunny, breezy start to our corner of Somerset

Yesterday saw a tamed montana, possibly too successfully. Generally a down day though. Fretting about our Welsh friend as her stress levels are stratospheric. Can do not a lot to help other than increase the phone calls, although Mr C would rather I didn’t as they exhaust and upset me.

A much younger friend is coming for coffee this morning, she’ll raise the spirits. Some lunch then perhaps a wander out with a top up grocery shop on the way home. No grumping allowed today!

That sounds tough marydoll, a huge decision to make. Life is hard at times. flowers for all struggling including our urms and anyone with worries.

Hope Saturday is kind to us all.

NannyJan53 Sat 03-Jun-23 08:16:49

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

I was just making a start on housework yesterday, when DD rang to say she and DGD were going to Merry Hill Shopping centre and would I like to join them. Housework halted and I changed and caught the bus (its only 10 minute journey for me) DGD needed some clothes for her weeks work experience. Then a nice lunch together

MrJ and I sat outside and had a BBQ in the evening.

Today, finish housework and make a start on packing ready for our trip to Rhodes on Tuesday.

Holding the Urms in my thoughts, wish I could give her a hug.

Gingster flowers