Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 30th March 2024

(42 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 30-Mar-24 05:43:11

Good Morning Everyone,
its bright and dry st the moment here in brackley I will have a normal day out .
A chance to use the bus and see friends in Bicester prior to Easter .
Health wise my weight is slightly going down but not to send me in a panic , in general the recovery is slow , but if I can get out and about that's good .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 30-Mar-24 05:53:50

Good morning from a dryish Bristol. I hope we shan’t get any more of this dreadful sun/squall weather.
It is already daylight although the sun isn’t up yet. One hour forward tonight…
I had a very quiet day yesterday - a spot of cleaning (not much) and finished a couple of angels for DD’s knitted nativity.
Today, I’m serving coffee at church for the third Saturday, collecting a prescription for a neighbour and packing for my 3day trip to Athens with DD and family. Feeling ambivalent about it.
There is no “darkness into light” service in this church. I didn’t go to the Good Friday one; the weather was too horrible and I find it too harrowing.
Have a blessed day, with lightening of your loads. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Sat 30-Mar-24 05:56:16

Good morning, I am looking forward to a day filled with sunshine and breezes. The best drying day for a long time

I have three more antibiotic pills to take so will finish tomorrow morning. The ones I have are brutal and I will be working on building up my microbiome asap. These are a two edged sword

I will do this and that today, no idea what this and that are but I will, again, incorporate resting and the sun through windows will make that very pleasureable. First the washing

Have a good day

Georgesgran Sat 30-Mar-24 06:04:44

Good morning from what looks like being another fine, sunny day - that’ll be 2 in a row, however early evening yesterday was spoiled by heavy rain.
A lovely day with DD1 and her family here. DGS1 enjoyed his Easter egg hunt in the garden.
Coffee this morning with a friend, then I’ll take it easy, as I’ve slept badly and feel a bit iffy.
Best wishes to all. X

baubles Sat 30-Mar-24 06:10:57

Good morning from damp South Lanarkshire.

I’ve been out of action for a couple of days due to pain in my back, I had an MRI scan on Thursday and yesterday I got a call to say that there’s no compression on my spinal cord, which was the concern, just compression fractures and bulging discs. My gp prescribed Tramadol but it didn’t agree with me at all so I’ve ditched it.

DD and family are on their way to France for their skiing holiday. She says the airport is pandemonium, I hope their journey goes smoothly.

Sending best wishes to everyone for a good day ahead whatever you are doing.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 30-Mar-24 06:13:30

A very early good morning by my standards. The sky has been red and now turned to gold in the north of Scotland. I plan to use my free bus card to have a jaunt with my husband and maybe fish and chips on the way home. The tourists have arrived with a wide variety of motor homes and camper vans and the supermarkets were very busy yesterday.
Off to layer up as the bus may be very warm or very cold but we don’t have to drive.
Best wishes to all on this Easter weekend.

RosesandLilac Sat 30-Mar-24 06:14:23

Good morning, a bright start here in south Glos, I’m hoping for a dry day because I want to get on with the gardening and hang the washing out.
I have been awake for several hours so will be faltering by mid afternoon 🙄
Yesterday I did two dog walks, not the brightest idea but if DH won’t then I will! Ddog enjoyed chasing her ball out in the field but she doesn’t seem to realise that she’s meant to bring it back - we lost one 😊. Bless her, she’s not the brightest spark but I love her 😍
Have a lovely weekend 🌹

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 30-Mar-24 06:19:17

Morning all from West Oxfordshire.
I am meeting my friend who sometimes behaves badly in restaurants for lunch today. We haven’t met up since before Christmas.
Later, I have rooms to sort out as elder son and his family are arriving tomorrow.
I have a list of all the things to be taken out of the freezer for tomorrow’s lunch, including two Guinea fowl, a chocolate cake, and a pint of bread sauce,
I hope everyone has a good day.

Ashcombe Sat 30-Mar-24 06:23:51

Good morning from a chilly but bright Torbay.

In haste as Lidl shop beckons.

Have a peaceful Easter, especially those with worries or pain. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩😬

Bellasnana Sat 30-Mar-24 06:34:15

Good morning from Malta where the high today is 28°C and the weather is still rather windy.

Had such a lovely day with my Canadian relatives, we all went to watch the Good Friday procession which they really enjoyed.

Their children fell in love with our boys and it was a joy to see them playing together. The innocence of children is so precious. Lots of happy memories made.

I’m babysitting this morning as DD3 has an appointment. She’s on school holidays for another week so I’m hoping to get at least one day to clean my place which has been rather neglected, but the boys come first.

NanKate what about the tennis? I sat up until the wee small hours and wondered if you were watching.? 🎾

Wishing you all a good day however you are spending it.☀️

cornergran Sat 30-Mar-24 06:34:53

Morning Mick, morning All. A bright start to our corner of Somerset, pleased to have respite from grey skies and rain.

A decision made on neutral fabric for conservatory blinds we set off to find some cushions to brighten things up. Mr C fell in love with some very retro and certainly bright examples. As he so rarely gets excited about such things beyond an ‘are you sure’ I didn’t have the heart to divert him. They do brighten for sure. I’ll get used to them!

We’re heading out for breakfast this morning, hope to potter outside for an hour or two, nothing too major as there are tickets for our local theatre this evening.

Not so sure compression fractures and bulging discs can be described as ‘just’ baubles. I’m so sorry there’s been no relief for the debilitating pain.

Have the best day you can everyone.

harrigran Sat 30-Mar-24 06:49:19

Good morning from a sunny and dry NE.
Up very early because I had a medical appliance malfunction and now back in bed with my mug of tea while the washer does it's job.
Yesterday's lunch out was most enjoyable and the restaurant was packed. We heard that they are going to open a sister restaurant just a a mile or two away so that is a sign that the business is doing well.
No visitors today as GD is still in France.
I am going to finish the laundry and probably get it ironed but the rest of the day will be spent with my book.
Have a good weekend.

RosiesMaw Sat 30-Mar-24 06:57:26

Good morning from sunny N Bucks, blue skies, fluffy clouds and the birds at full pitch.
Nice as always to be back in my own bed with Rosie now curled up beside me but I enjoyed my jaunt to London, seeing GS’s class end of term “performance”, and surviving a maelstrom of a bake sale in the infants’ playground afterwards when we picked up GS4, D 3’s little boy.
The journey home was every bit as bad as a BH motorway journey could be- 3 1/2 hours (instead of 1 1/2) of heavy slow moving traffic, jams, diversions but fortunately no accidents, but it reminded me why I am happy not to go anywhere at these points in the year!
I could barely stand, let alone walk when I finally got out of the car.
So a day of pleasant faffing and preparing for tomorrow when my sisters in law and nephew from Kent and London are visiting. But first a large TIB.

Susan56 Sat 30-Mar-24 07:02:52

Good morning from Shropshire where a dry day is forecast🤞🏻

We had an enjoyable day in town yesterday.There were several activities for DGS to take part in which he enjoyed.Great excitement when he lost his first tooth.They are heading home today so I will get all the bedding sorted ready for the next visitors next weekend.

Sorry you are in so much pain baubles.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

baubles Sat 30-Mar-24 07:19:11

Harrigran my sympathies on your ‘medical appliance malfunction’, I have those often, it’s a pain.

BlueSapphire Sat 30-Mar-24 07:24:25

Good morning everyone from a very bright and sunny 🌞 Northampton. Up early as I have a day trip to Milton Keynes planned, and need to get an early bus. I have an order to return to John Lewis, a dress I fancied for my cruise, but it just doesn't suit me at all.

DS and family called in yesterday afternoon to pick up Easter Eggs for the DGDs; they had been to a National Trust property (Canons Ashby) for an Easter Egg hunt. Glad to find that the two DGDs at 16 and 13 are not too big for that kind of thing! DS is working in London all weekend, and will be staying over at friends for two nights, as there are no trains into Euston from here due to engineering works.

Fantastic rugby match last night, when we beat Saracens 41-30; and an ecstatic crowd at the end; we came home in high spirits. I also recorded the match, so will watch it again over the weekend. Women's Six Nations, Red Roses play this afternoon,.so that will be recorded as well.

Must dash and get ready for my bus. Have a good Easter Saturday everyone.

Grandmabatty Sat 30-Mar-24 07:25:53

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 4° with blue skies although there's been rain recently. Baubles I am so sorry to hear about your pain. It sounds awful.
Yesterday the family and I met at the garden centre for breakfast. The boys behaved beautifully and were surprised by a visit from the Easter Bunny who brought them crayons in a little bag. We bumped into friends of DD and as we left, my friend who I usually have breakfast with arrived with her family. Once home, I got most of the washing and housework done. I even set the table for Sunday.
Shortly I'm heading to Tesco to buy the food for tomorrow. It's a retro lunch. Chicken vol au vents, a hedgehog (cheese, pineapple and onions on sticks) as well as quiche, cold meats etc. my son in law is a big fan of it.
Later today I'll finish the housework and change my bedding. Have a good day all.

Sar53 Sat 30-Mar-24 07:28:20

Good morning from the Essex coast where it is dry but dull.
We had a good time at the yacht club quiz last night and our team came second, out of four. Not so well supported this month probably because people are away.
Later this morning we are going to Winchelsea for the weekend to meet up with DD2 and family who have a holiday house there.
Fingers crossed 🤞 that there are no hold ups on the M25.
Wishing you all health and happiness this Easter xx

brook2704 Sat 30-Mar-24 07:28:25

Good morning, everyone from Inverness was a bright and sunny start to the day a bit cold though just about 3°
Have a lovely day out today feelingmyage wherever you go, it’s always good to sit back and relax on the bus
I’m hoping to get out into the garden today, I managed half an hour yesterday and it felt so good. There’s lots of spring growth showing now and a few gaps to fill so I’m feeling like a trip to the garden centre will be on the cards soon
Hope you feel a bit better soon baubles and the pain eases soon, take care
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hoping today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings

Pittcity Sat 30-Mar-24 07:28:25

Good morning from a grey but dry, for now, Colchester. It's mild though as the heating hasn't come on for the 2nd day in a row.
A walk into the City centre for a few bits and this and that around the house today.
Just glanced out of the window to see the sun trying to break through.smile
Love to all 🦩 x

luluaugust Sat 30-Mar-24 07:31:28

Good morning from a cloudy W Kent. Yesterday’s birthday outing went well, the garden we like to visit was rather muddy but the magnolia were magnificent. DD2 and GD popped in to see us. Today DB is arriving and we shall be having a meal out this evening with all the available family.
Best wishes to all

Gingster Sat 30-Mar-24 07:31:41

Good morning all.
Mixed bag of weather forecast for here in Essex today.
Yesterday turned out better than expected and the Easter egg hunt at DS1’s went ahead outside.

We had a lovely afternoon full of chat and laughter and a nice buffet to keep us going. Lots of Easter eggs which we’ll all enjoy over the coming weeks. Last year everyone agreed ‘no big eggs’ but it just wasn’t the same, so this year we’re back to a ‘choc fest’. 😂.

Today Dh hopes to go to a footie match with ds1 and I’ll continue to try to assemble my crochet jacket. I just can’t seem to get it right. 😵‍💫. Otherwise a peaceful day 🤞.

Ham egg and chips tonight .

Have a gentle day and I hope all poorly and worried grans are feeling a little brighter. 🌷

Marydoll Sat 30-Mar-24 07:35:50

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow.

I'm pleased to hear you got the result so quickly Baubles, but sorry to hear your diagnosis. Speak to your GP,, there are alternatives to Tramadol.
I did find a TENS machine helped, when all else failed.

I have had a dreadful night painwise, it was unbearable, so I will just wish you all a pleasant Saturday.

Greyduster Sat 30-Mar-24 07:38:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is trying hard today but it will be a dry day it seems. Cold though. I overdid the gardening a bit yesterday and was awake most of the night with back pain. I’m going out today to lunch and a matinee performance at the theatre with DD and the menfolk; “The Crucible” - at The Crucible! We also get to pick up the pots DD and I made at our pottery session a month ago. That’ll be interesting😏!
Have the best day you can, folks.

NanKate Sat 30-Mar-24 07:41:30

Good morning Mick and All from a grey but dry South Bucks.

Yes Bellasnana I watched the spectacular match with Sinner and Medvedev last night and Zerev and Dimitrov with my early morning cuppa today. Like you I am a devoted fan, but still missing Rafa.

Having a quiet Easter before the grandsons and their dad descend on us for 5 days 😳 in a week’s time.