Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 10th April 2024

(49 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 10-Apr-24 05:42:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just starting to become daylight and its dry here in brackley this morning.
Today will be at home , housework ,and I await a Wiltshire Farm foods delivery of ready meals .
A lapse of not taking the Loperamide capsules showed decline in regular number 2`s , but started again like most medications it takes a few days to kick in the system .
Apart from housework more cycling on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

karmalady Wed 10-Apr-24 05:51:19

Good morning, rain all day in s somerset

Nothing much today, probably reading and hopping from meal to meal.

I had a 2litre glass jug delivered yesterday, it has a lid and looks nice. Sitting on my worktop, filled with 2 litres of water. I want to make sure I drink the right amount of water, I know I don`t drink enough.

I am hoping that the antibiotic side effects go away soon, I think in my case two months as a minimum. Water should help as will my kefir and sauerkraut

Have a good day

grandMattie Wed 10-Apr-24 05:56:01

Good morning from Bristol. After a lovely evening, it has rained, again, but is dry ATM. More rain later this morning, just as I am out.
I’ve got an appointment at the audiology department for a review . Last time, I was told to get a “nose balloon “ to inflate (to much hilarity from theDGDs) before having a grommet procedure. It has been miraculous, no need for anything to be done, my hearing has returned! I shall tell the young man that he is a magician.
Yesterday was interesting. My neighbour rang the doorbell asking if my passageway (between flats) was working. Not understanding what she meant , I had a look. She had thought that hers was not functioning and called the engineers. It turned out that “someone” had put ALL the doors to communal areas/corridors on the latch and anyone could go in and out at leisure without needing a key! Problem solved, but I wonder who did that and why.
I hope that every’s anxiety is resolved or at least reduced.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

grandMattie Wed 10-Apr-24 06:18:45

Sunrise…

Ashcombe Wed 10-Apr-24 06:26:19

Good morning from a calm and dry Torbay.

I was sad to read of Whitewavemark3’s loss of Duncan. Our pets certainly do leave paw prints on our hearts.

My youngest grandchild, DGS3, is eight today. He’s too far away (Staffs) for us to see him. I have another visual field test today but I’m not hopeful of any change.

DH arrived yesterday evening and it was weird not being able to drive to meet him from the train. Luckily, the buses serve us well. This afternoon, he is giving a talk to Wednesday Club about his career in the railway industry.

Happy hump day. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Ashcombe Wed 10-Apr-24 06:27:21

A stunning sunrise, grandMattie! Well captured!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 10-Apr-24 06:33:07

Morning all, no idea what the weather is like outside as I am snuggled under the duvet, trying to work out if I feel any better 🤣

Not sure what is on the agenda for today. Have a good one folks 🙋‍♀️

Mizuna Wed 10-Apr-24 06:43:48

Good morning from a dry but blustery Cornwall. The winds have been very strong and yesterday many people turned out to help clear up the wreckage at a beach café after three beach huts were washed into the sea here on Monday. Their benches were wrecked too and it was so encouraging to see people helping spontaneously.

This pigeon decided to sit on the shopping bag on my lap. When I gently waved my hand to shift him he hopped on to my finger, cheeky thing. Then all his friends and relations arrived and I felt like the bird woman in Home Alone 2. He had beautiful coloured plumage and lovely pink feet - a handsome feller.

My granddaughter comes for the whole day today, yippee, hopefully bearing a metre-long spirit level which her dad is gifting me. 😁

Gala Wed 10-Apr-24 06:47:50

A bright sunny start to the day here in Sefton.... but not for long as rain is forecast for later this morning. Dreadful scenes of flooding & extremely high tides in some areas.
A very busy day today. Zoom exercise class first thing, followed swiftly by Pilates in a nearby town, thankfully just a few minutes car drive away. A quick lunch then off to relieve the other gran who is doing the morning childcare shift. School nursery is still on holiday. We will stay for our tea. I always appreciate a no cooking day.
Take care out there.

kittylester Wed 10-Apr-24 06:56:37

Good morning all from a misty North Leicestershire.

We had a lovely evening with DGD1 yesterday. Sadly her brother has an awful cold so stayed at home. We hardly missed him as DGD never stops talking!

Our cleaners arrive at 8.45 this morning and I will leave at 9 for a Carer's course, way across the county.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 10-Apr-24 07:08:28

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. It looks damp but not cold.
Our decorators are back first thing tomorrow to do some work in the kitchen. So we have to clear everything out today! At least we don’t have to clear out the Utility room or my walk in larder which is full of china!
OH is having another test drive this afternoon. Honestly, he found what he thought was the perfect car the other day on a particular company’s website and rang up about it. It had been sold two weeks before. Why hadn’t they taken it down then?
We finally got round to booking a holiday. A river cruise on the Rhone through Provence. We took a Danube cruise last year with the same company and it was excellent.
Have a good day. Summer is on the way.

BlueSapphire Wed 10-Apr-24 07:09:57

Good morning everyone from a clear and dry Northampton, but rain is forecast after lunch.
I am expecting my gardener this morning; he is hoping to get 6 hours work done before the rain returns.

Hairdressers yesterday, but haven't made another appointment, as I feel she hasn't (after 2 years!) really got the hang of what I want. There is another one locally that I intend to try, as I have heard good reports of them.

Busied myself with admin jobs yesterday afternoon, filed a load of paperwork away, emptied.the shredder ready for recycling tomorrow, and sorted some stuff out for my holiday.

May we all have a pleasant day.

Bellasnana Wed 10-Apr-24 07:11:25

Good morning from Malta where it is cloudy and 17°C.

I’m with the boys who had a lovely afternoon on the beach yesterday. They seem a lot better but still a bit sniffly and coughing. Unfortunately I seem to have caught it too, not surprising really!

Happy birthday to your granddaughter Ashcombe. Hope she has a lovely day.

Mizuna that was a very sociable pigeon! 😄

No plans for later other than getting back into my pyjamas and watching the tennis from Monte Carlo.

Wishing you all a good day.☀️

Grammaretto Wed 10-Apr-24 07:11:56

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Not raining, hooray.
I hope the Roofer returns before any more deluge. I had to empty buckets yesterday and clear rubble from the fallen ceiling.
The filming began so I had to go out as I didn't want to disturb the actors mid performance.
I treated myself to a coffee at the local café.
Today I have yarn group and a pottery class unless the roofer comes.

My DB in Denmark says they are having a heatwave so perhaps we will get that soon. 🌞

Your post made me giggle gMatte
I hope your energy is returning.
Welcome home olddudders Ash.

Your pigeon is so handsome Mizuna

Hope everyone has the best day possible.

Pittcity Wed 10-Apr-24 07:20:02

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The wind has dropped and the temperature has fallen a little.
Wednesday morning coffee meetup in the city centre followed by a few of us going for lunch. There are so many eateries in Colchester we could choose a new one every week.
Love to all 🦩 x

RosesandLilac Wed 10-Apr-24 07:24:12

Good morning, it’s actually dry here in south Glos not that it’s going to last very long!
Yesterday we actually had some sunshine so I pottered about outside for a bit.
I need to empty the greenhouse before the weekend, and put together a temporary shelter for my dahlias which are shooting nicely 👏
Off for a dog walk shortly 🌹

Greyduster Wed 10-Apr-24 07:29:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where the sun is out. However, it is cold, and heavy rain is expected later. I was so tired yesterday that I did very little. GS is coming over this morning and will stay until tomorrow. We’ll get some stuff done outside until rain stops play, and then he has revision to do and I will go to writers group at the library.
Have the best day you can folks.

Alygran Wed 10-Apr-24 07:33:26

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The sun is shining. I’m hoping it’s going to last as the builder is coming today to start the woodwork around the front door. It was quoted for last summer and initially booked for autumn…
I shall pop out for coffee and a catch up with a friend then come back to do some admin.
Have a good day everyone.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 10-Apr-24 07:37:37

Good morning from a damp Oxfordshire, the sky is clearing but Alexa tells me that we are going to have rain this afternoon, she told me the same thing yesterday, but it rained on and off.

Dog day today so a walk which MrOops will do until I’m no longer wobbly.

Lovely photos on here today.

Have a good day everyone, it’s nice to read that some of you are out and about and having visits from GCs, even though I’m stuck indoors!

Whitewavemark2 Wed 10-Apr-24 07:37:54

Good morning from a glorious sunny but sad South Downs.

This is really just to say thank you all so much for the kind messages and PMs from you all yesterday. It really did support me.

Have a very enjoyable day all.

Peace, acceptance and harmony to the world.

luluaugust Wed 10-Apr-24 07:38:35

Good morning from a bright W Kent. We are spending some of the day with DD2 and GC and hoping to get out if it doesn’t rain. This a rare treat now as she works full time and the GC are teenagers.
All the best

Marydoll Wed 10-Apr-24 07:47:33

Good morning all from a wet Glasgow, where it is 3°C.

Despite being exhausted after my adventure, I slept really badly. No matter what way I lie, my body is really painful. I may sleep in the spare room tonight to let poor DH get a sleep.
He kept waking up and asking if I was OK. I was making rather a lot of noise with my ouches, each time I moved!

Grammaretto, I am sorry to hear of all your troubles.💐

Karma, I am intrigued by your comment about the side effects of antibiotics lasting a minimum time of two months.. I am on permanent antibiotics, with no side effects. Are you sure something else isn't the cause?

Yesterday, I found two unknown, missed calls on my mobile. There was something familiar about them, it turned out that they were listed as Greater Glasgow health board. I was intrigued.
Eventually, they called back and a voice asked: Is this Scott?. (My voice was very hoarse, she must have thoughtI was a man 😂.)
I recognised the voice as one of the rheumatology sisters. (She is from the Balkans and easily identifiable),
Commenting that I was not Scott, I said thought she was phoning about my biologics, she responded with the information that she was actually in the process of writing my prescription. Result!
Hopefully, I will feel begin to improve with them.Another two weeks before I can start them.

I have to go to the funeral of one of our parishioners this morning, but need to go early. I have the replacement part for the sound system, to need to get it working prior to the service.

I wish you all a pleasant day and hooe you are beginning to feel the benefit of the devil pills, G.G.

Gingster Wed 10-Apr-24 07:48:04

Good morning all and the sun has returned here beside the Suffolk seaside. Another change from yesterday where we couldn’t stand up in the very strong winds.

The plumber came to install the new shower/bath attachment. He had to fix a leak first and off he went. I tried it out and it wasn’t quite right so quickly phoned him. He returned but the unit is faulty! 😤.

On and off tv reception, sit on mower not working, faulty shower, postbox door blown off and even the toilet roll holder has lost s it’s spring. Oh well ! That’s life!

We’ll have a run out somewhere today, not sure where yet.

I hope your roofer fixes things for you Grammaretto.🤞.

Mizuna what’s your recipe for ‘slime’. I expect you’ll be making some today with your DGD. .

Enjoy the day 🌷

baubles Wed 10-Apr-24 07:51:41

Good morning all from South Lanarkshire. It’s dry but overcast.

Beautiful photo Mattie and love your pigeon Mizuna.

Yesterday we took my sister to a social history museum in Glasgow Green, it is closing at the weekend for a couple of years for repairs and refurbishment so DH and I were happy to visit before that happens. She hasn’t lived in Scotland for nearly fifty years and didn’t know much about the city. One of the displays centred round the old public wash houses, known as the Steamie, my sister was fascinated by this so on returning home we searched YouTube for an old play called The Steamie which we watched. It’s years since I’ve seen it and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. A successful day all in all.

A quiet day today, just a mooch around the little local shops with a visit to our favourite cafe for coffee and cake to finish off.

Have a good day everyone.

brook2704 Wed 10-Apr-24 07:53:39

Good morning everyone from Inverness, it’s another grey dreary start to the day with rain forecast for later
Hoping your visual field test goes ok today Ash, pleased to hear your DH is back safely
Nothing much planned for today, I’ve lots of gardening to do but don’t think the weather will behave - will see!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings💐