Gransnet forums

Chat

What gives you a warm feeling? 🥰

(52 Posts)
RosiesMaw Tue 16-Apr-24 10:27:09

Not hot choc or the leccy blanket, I’m talking about the sort of rosy cloud that can settle on your head at a particular memory or picture or anecdote. The opposite of a black dog on your shoulders.
For me it’s a surprise WhatsApp pic of a grandchild for instance - or the memory of SIL encouraging littlest fella ( 2 1/2) to “Say bye bye to Granny” recently as I took my leave.
“I bye byed Granny ALWEDDY” he protested (true)- just made us all laugh!

keepingquiet Tue 16-Apr-24 10:28:53

Music I think- I listened lots during lockdown and maybe I should start again. Bob Marley usually does it for me!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 16-Apr-24 10:35:55

Mine is when all the AC, their partners and GC are round the table (a very big one) and I see the beautiful adults they have become and the marvellous GC they have created (Oh yes, I am totally biased)

To see them all laughing and joking, and knowing they all have deep bonds, love for each other and will always have each others backs reassures and comforts me in my advancing years 🩷💙

M0nica Tue 16-Apr-24 16:01:31

Looking at all the primroses growing rampant in my garden, in the gravel drive and the grass verge outside the house.

I look at them and my heart sings.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 16-Apr-24 16:06:22

My daughter is moving and was sorting through the many drawings that our GCs have done, they are now both at University, she sent me the attached picture that our 5 yr old GD drew 16 yrs ago. I was quite touched, it was definitely a warm feeling. We are still close even though we don’t see them so often.

DanniRae Tue 16-Apr-24 16:06:56

GrannyGravy13

Mine is when all the AC, their partners and GC are round the table (a very big one) and I see the beautiful adults they have become and the marvellous GC they have created (Oh yes, I am totally biased)

To see them all laughing and joking, and knowing they all have deep bonds, love for each other and will always have each others backs reassures and comforts me in my advancing years 🩷💙

I couldn't have put it any better - Thanks x

AGAA4 Tue 16-Apr-24 16:14:32

A cuddle with my youngest GS aged 4
He gives me lots of kisses and tells me he will miss me when I have to leave.

Grandmadinosaur Tue 16-Apr-24 16:18:11

That is so lovely Oopsadaisy

Mine is when I pick my grandson up from school and he reaches to hold my hand. I noticed not many other children hold hands with the adults they are with. He is 7 and I’m aware it won’t be like this for much longer but it’s a delight while it lasts.

Joseann Tue 16-Apr-24 16:52:55

Dance, any form of ..... ballet, tap, jazz, modern but not ballroom (though I love Strictly.)

kittylester Tue 16-Apr-24 16:54:39

A hug from any of our grandchildren. They range in age from 23 down to 4 and all give really good hugs ..... apart from the 4year old who is, apparently, a big boy now and can't hug anyone!!

Kim19 Tue 16-Apr-24 17:52:18

Communication from either of my children does it for me big time 👍

henetha Tue 16-Apr-24 17:54:28

When my quite small family are all together, that warms my heart. It doesn't happen often.

annodomini Tue 16-Apr-24 18:40:57

When a voice on the phone says: 'Hi, Gran'.

Siope Tue 16-Apr-24 19:02:07

A seed I’ve planted growing - I find it a source of quiet joy every single time.

Mt61 Tue 16-Apr-24 19:07:24

Seeing my mum & dad celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary (been together since they were 16) just got dad home last November, was in a nursing home/ hospital for months, we decided to nurse him at home. That would fill me up with a warm feeling 😊

Curlywhirly Tue 16-Apr-24 19:11:38

Like GrannyGravy13 I love it when our family all sit around the table for a meal. I especially love to see both our sons playing and interacting with each other's children - my sister never bothered with my children, so I love it that our boys (and their partners) are close and help each other out.

ginny Tue 16-Apr-24 20:52:00

This week we have two Grandsons staying with us. Aged 8 and almost 3.
Whilst DD and SIL are away.
So just now it’s those lovely bedtime cuddles and them saying ‘ Night, night Love you Nana ‘.

Witzend Tue 16-Apr-24 20:59:13

This. Done by Gdd1 quite some time ago now, but I’ve still got it on the front of the fridge.

hollysteers Tue 16-Apr-24 22:34:43

Planning day trips into the countryside or cathedral cities.
I’m on the coast and a day in these environments gives me a warm glow.

grannyactivist Tue 16-Apr-24 23:07:40

When my husband tells me how much he loves me.

When I see how delighted our grandchildren are that they’re coming to stay with us.

Unexpected compliments.

Birthto110 Tue 16-Apr-24 23:34:12

Grandchildren - their smiling uncomplicated faces.
To watch them finding out about something for the very first time. The joy.

But, to be honest, a warm feeling 'from other times' ? Since we lost our child a few years ago, ( a young person starting out in life) , it's become pretty hard to find a warm glow... however I do love the sound of birdsong, music, children's laughter.....timeless.

Katyj Wed 17-Apr-24 06:46:39

Grandmadinosaur Exactly the same for me. I picked my 9 year old granddaughter up from school yesterday she immediately held my hand. I squeezed a bit tighter yesterday because I know it won’t be long before she lets go.

travelsafar Wed 17-Apr-24 07:25:59

When I put the key in the door of my little flat. I get a thrill as I love living here and it's the 1st time in my life that I've ever had a home that is just mine.😊

Lilyflower Thu 18-Apr-24 11:14:48

Seeing my now adult children (and lovely son in law.

But what has been a bombshell was when holding my grandchild to give her her bottle, seeing her big grey eyes looking straight at mine. Nearly floored me - and I am not overly sentimental.

lizzypopbottle Thu 18-Apr-24 11:27:42

My son-in-law sent me a photo of my nine year old grandson at his first karate class. It made me so proud. I've been practising and studying karate for almost twenty-eight years and I'm a fifth level black belt (5th dan) but living over three hundred miles from my daughter means I can't share much of my grandson's karate journey in person. Just seeing that photo gave me that warm feeling.