Gransnet forums

Christmas

Christmas

(8 Posts)
Bluegal Sat 18-Nov-17 19:11:33

Just embrace the change Hildagard. Do what you want!
For years I had all my family come to me, but with their expanding families and moving about, last year was its impossible to organise so we arranged a party afterwards for all the family. Christmas day we spent alone and it was WONDERFUL..... we just did what we wanted!

Its only ONE day, it comes and goes. No reason you can't see them before or after.

Enjoy!

Christinefrance Sat 18-Nov-17 19:03:53

I agree with Telly & bumblebee Enjoy your own Christmas at home, eat and drink your favourite things , go to church or alternatively help the Salvation Army or a similar organisation to give less privileged people a better day.

bumblebee123 Sat 18-Nov-17 18:54:18

It is Christmas. Go to church. Listening to the carols and joining in can be very heartwarming.
Brian.

midgey Sat 18-Nov-17 17:27:28

The year we were on our own we went for a picnic at the seaside!!

lemongrove Sat 18-Nov-17 17:26:01

I agree with Telly stay at home ( who knows what the weather will be like) eat what you like, watch what you like, read, slurp Baileys, nod off over a good book.Go for a walk well wrapped up
The things you can do are endless.

Telly Sat 18-Nov-17 17:20:34

We have been away for New Year, but never Christmas. Have spent Christmas with just the two of us and it was lovely! Can have a glass of champagne to kick things off and have whatever you want to eat whenever. How about Christmas with the two of you and then splurge on a New Year break? Whatever you decide to do, just make the most of it, there will be other years when you spend time with the family. Have a good one!

vampirequeen Sat 18-Nov-17 16:10:51

I think you should go away then you won't be thinking 'at this time they'd be arriving' etc. What about a Warners holiday? We've had some lovely times in their Nidd Hall hotel. Christmas can then be as relaxing or busy as you fancy it being.

Hildagard Sat 18-Nov-17 14:44:22

Feeling a but bah humbug ! We have had youngest daughter and her family Christmas Day for the past few years, they have decided to have a Christmas Day at home this year. Not room for us to have meal with them.Eldest daughter is having my ex husband, so that a no no. So shall we stay at home just the two of us, try to find hotel with cancellation.? Suggestions please