Gransnet forums

Christmas

Feeling it in the air tonight?

(5 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 24-Dec-17 21:12:48

My 6 year old DGS is quite beside himself with excitement - he just keeps wanting to hug everyone! tchsmile

NanKate Sun 24-Dec-17 20:54:03

Yes it is a very special Leo 4 has very carefully carried a small glass of sherry and put it be the fire, Zach 6 has chosen a mince pie and popped it on the tray next to the carrot. How lovely they are both so innocent and believing. Yes there is definitely a tingle in the air.

Happy Christmas folks, must get to bed before Santa arrives tchsmile

Cherrytree59 Sun 24-Dec-17 19:56:37

I know what you both mean.
My little DGS were in bed listening their Mum reading a story, when there was a knock at the door
'Quick mummy Santa is at the door'

Bless them they are now fast asleep tchsmile

Anniebach Sun 24-Dec-17 19:38:01

I found it to be so walking home from midnight Mass every year , something in the air , I loved it

phoenix Sun 24-Dec-17 19:12:40

Evening all, sending every good wish to you.

I can remember, as a child, thinking that Christmas Eve was the longest day of the year, couldn't wait for bedtime, and when it came, being convinced that I would never be able to get to sleep! smile

Just imagine, all those children feeling the same thing, those hopes and expectations!

I sometimes think that all those thoughts, emotions and "vibes" going out, must have some sort of effect, so much positive thought/energy, almost like some sort of natural electricity.

OK, so I'm probably wrong, but will still stand outside later tonight and feel a bit of a tingle!