Gransnet forums

Christmas

Thank You NHS at Christmas

(6 Posts)
Lin1959 Mon 01-Jan-18 14:31:29

Well this is a Christmas I won’t forget in a hurry. Christmas Day was horrendous but I have so much to be thankful for and to appreciate. Firstly the paramedic that ignored his colleagues and insisted on taking my husband to hospital Christmas afternoon, he had a heart attack as he arrived so was in the right place, to the fantastic medical team that cared for him, as scary as it was to see them have to revive my Husband after he had a cardiac arrest it was so impressive to see how magnificently and efficiently they did their job and to the surgeons that took him into theatre after his 3rd heart attack on arrival at the next hospital. Because of the dedication and hard work of our NHS staff while under budget, under paid and under staffed, working while all the rest of us is thinking about is the Christmas celebrations my husband is going to make a full recovery.

Stansgran Mon 01-Jan-18 14:35:20

So pleased for you.

Luckygirl Mon 01-Jan-18 14:39:43

Phew! What a relief for you; and how wonderful to know that the NHS turns up trumps when the chips are down! So glad that he has made a full recovery. What a Christmas!

Happy New Year.

midgey Mon 01-Jan-18 14:52:15

What a way to celebrate Christmas! So pleased everything turned out okay in the end. We simply don’t realise how amazingly lucky we are to have the NHS.

nanaK54 Mon 01-Jan-18 15:43:36

Really great news for you and your husband

Lazigirl Mon 01-Jan-18 15:49:35

How frightening for both of you Lin1959 and so glad that you had a happy outcome thanks to our brilliant NHS. A Christmas you won't forget in a hurry!