Gransnet forums

Christmas

Lasy year's Christmas cards

(5 Posts)
M0nica Mon 26-Nov-18 19:17:14

I wouldn't notice.

Witzend Mon 26-Nov-18 18:44:30

I have quite a few left too. If anyone gets the same one 2 years running, too bad. I can't possibly remember who I sent which to, and I don't suppose anyone else is going to remember, either.
I'm sure I can't remember who sent which to us last year!

I did have to buy some seriously corny Fther Christmas ones last year, from a corner shop, in order to cut out some very last-minute gift tags for a couple of children - shop had run out of tags.
Had to buy a box of 12 - will be using 2 to send to very little Gdcs this year - they love getting post and won't care how corny they are!

travelsafar Mon 26-Nov-18 18:31:22

It wouldnt bother me I would just be pleased to be remembered.

Alima Mon 26-Nov-18 17:50:28

I keep them so I can send theirs the next year. No, I have no idea if anyone has sent the same one another year, it wouldn’t bother me if they did. I always end up with a selection of cards to send from different years. So few people on the list now if I live long enough I won’t be sending any.

HillyN Mon 26-Nov-18 17:42:14

I have just found the cards I had left over from last year. There are several different designs to choose from but I was pretty confident that no-one would remember If I'd sent them the same card last year.
UNTIL I also found a bag with all the cards we received last year! I'd kept them for making gift tags or for the GC to cut up. So now I'm wondering if other friends and relatives have done the same.
Anyone else kept last year's cards? Would you know (or care?) if someone sent you the same card two years running?