Gransnet forums

Christmas

I thought I was going mad! (Mislaid present)

(10 Posts)
kittylester Tue 18-Dec-18 15:11:07

I lost one of dh's presents so went to look in the wardrobe in the room used by dgd. Panic set in when I couldn't open the door as the key was missing. Hunted high and low for the key which is still missing but found the present on my desk.tchblush

Parsley3 Tue 18-Dec-18 14:47:14

I recognise this. I have forgotten what I have ordered online and from which store. There will be something that I won’t collect as I will have deleted the email telling me it is ready for collection.

Farmor15 Tue 18-Dec-18 14:07:17

I bought a roll of wrapping paper yesterday and can’t find. Now I wonder if I actually bought it or only picked up and put back in shop! If I buy another roll of the same design will first one turn up?

Nanabilly Tue 18-Dec-18 13:42:37

Around February or March every year I get a "late gift"from my dil..something she got early and put away.

glammanana Tue 18-Dec-18 12:31:05

I do this every year without fail,this year I am looking for the cute door handle decorations I usually put on the doors they are no where to be found and I do love them I've had them for years bought from Avon when they started selling household items.

Witzend Tue 18-Dec-18 12:30:25

Yes, 'tis Sod's Law, Nandalot. I hope you find it before shelling out again!

This morning I was seriously beginning to think that the only way the missing pyjamas were going to turn up, would be if I went to M&S for another pair - only the size I needed was in very short supply the other day. Plenty of XXS and XXL of course, usual thing in M&S.

Nandalot Tue 18-Dec-18 12:16:15

Bought a lovely artificial wreath two Christmases ago to save having to buy a new one each year, Have not seen it since. I bet I find it when I buy a new one.

MiniMoon Tue 18-Dec-18 10:53:41

Same here.
I can't find a hanging star light. I bought it in Harrogate last year, and hung it in my hall last Christmas. I couldn't get it back in its box when I put the decorations away in January. Thing is, I can't remember where I put it. It's not with the other light up things. I'm hoping that the husband knows where it is, but I'm not holding out much hope!

Squiffy Tue 18-Dec-18 10:33:02

Welcome to the club Witzend, you've summed me up completely! tchblush tchgrin

Witzend Tue 18-Dec-18 10:25:22

Well, madder than usual...
I'd bought pyjamas for dds, M&S, identical packs except different colours.
Got them out to wrap last night but didn't get around to it.

Wrapped first pair this morning, looked for 2nd pair, couldn't find it.
Went mad for 20 mins looking absolutely everywhere I might have put it, in an absent-minded moment.

Finally found it - inside the wrapping of the first pair, tucked neatly under the other.
Phew!

Still, not quite so bad as the odd occasion in the past, when I've bought something really early, hidden it, and then forgotten about it until about the following July, when looking for something else.