Gransnet forums

Christmas

Christmas Hamper

(2 Posts)
Granny23 Wed 19-Dec-18 16:55:34

Wishing to jazz up my usual home-made hamper for my sister's family I have printed out the following label and stuck it on the front. It does look much better than this when centered and printed in Union Jack Colours.

GOVERNMENT ISSUE

EMERGENCY POST BREXIT PACK

ISSUED TO:

THE …......................................FAMILY.........25/12/2018

Please keep this pack in a safe place and open in March 2019 in the event of a no deal Brexit.

You may wish to stockpile some of your favourite 'foreign' (i.e. European) foods which may be unobtainable for an indefinite period but we are sure that BRITISH Enterprise will soon surmount any difficulties and there will be ample supplies of ersatz Olive Oil, Bent Bananas, etc. though items such as Strawberries and Tomatoes may only be available seasonally. You may wish to consider turning your flower beds into fruit and vegetable growing patches.

Information and guidance will be issued by your UK government (if there is one) on these and other issues. Please ensure that your Television Licence Fee is paid up to date so that we can ensure that you receive our propaganda in due course.

Wishing you all a final Merry Christmas and that Peace and Goodwill (sadly lacking in 2018) will be restored (at a reduced rate) in 2019

On behalf of HM Government

PM Theresa May (or may be not)

shysal Wed 19-Dec-18 17:12:59

grin I like it!
Maybe I shall have to change the family name for the goodies passed on by my mother and now me. It was Red Cross Parcel.