Gransnet forums

Christmas

Marks and Spencer gin liquer (snowball)

(12 Posts)
CoolioC Fri 20-Dec-19 02:11:11

Rarer than hens teeth. Very Christmassy with a snow scene.

Apparently people have queued to get hold of a bottle of this. I couldn’t get a bottle when I was over. Has anyone obtained one and tried it?

BradfordLass72 Fri 20-Dec-19 04:31:01

As I live in a 'dry' area it's scarcer than hen's gold teeth! grin

MawB Fri 20-Dec-19 08:38:52

I have looked on the website for you and can find no mention of a gin liqueur ?

MawB Fri 20-Dec-19 08:42:32

Oops found it now on Google! Clementine gin with flakes of gold - no wonder it has sold out !
I used to like the liqueur Danziger Goldwasser which also had gold flakes and tasted orangey.
I wonder if the M&S version is based on that?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-Dec-19 08:52:05

It was in ur M&S food store at the beginning of November, didn't look yesterday.

(Very pregnant daughter managed to get the last Colin the Caterpillar Christmas Cake though tchgrin)

Jaffacake2 Fri 20-Dec-19 08:53:50

This is the elusive snowflake gun from M&s which retails at £15 a bottle and now selling on eBay for £60 ! Probably why we can't find any on the shelves ! Have been quite obsessive on my search with friends n family looking all over London,Bristol,and Surrey .

Jaffacake2 Fri 20-Dec-19 08:54:48

Or even gin not gun !

Silverhippy Fri 20-Dec-19 10:40:31

MawB, I am pretty sure it is based on the Danziger Geldwasser, or indeed may even be identical as I remember buying some many many years ago for my mother who loved the Geldwasser. She said it tasted identical and when she closely examined the small print on the label found it read "Product of Poland" where Danziger Geldwasser is made to this day in the city of Gdansk which until 1939 was in fact Danzig! It is actually a type of Vodka rather than Gin.

MadeInYorkshire Fri 20-Dec-19 11:26:32

I have made my own - I have Strawberry, Raspberry, Rhubarb, Forest Fruit and Cherry festering in my fridge as we speak!

Clementine though, ummm sounds lush too! Maybe have a go at that one when there are some on 'sell by' - no gold flakes in mine though ....

juneo Fri 20-Dec-19 13:36:05

Hi, my son bought one for my daughter, in Trafford centre Manchester!! ??⛄?

Sunlover Fri 20-Dec-19 13:53:55

Didn’t realise they were in demand. I’ve got three unopened bottles. Maybe I should put them on eBay. ??

Goingtobeagranny Fri 20-Dec-19 15:03:20

Oh wow, I bought one yesterday at the Silverlink, didn’t know it was a ‘thing’, might sell it on eBay instead of giving it to my sister lol