Gransnet forums

Christmas

Santas snack, bit of fun.

(15 Posts)
felice Tue 24-Dec-19 14:09:34

Family discussion,
Upstairs Santa gets a glass of milk, some biscuits and carrots for the Reindeer.
Downstairs (Grandmas house) Santa gets a nice crystal glass of chilled dry Sherry, Chocolate digestives (local supermarket just started stocking M&S) and a Broccoli floret for each Reindeer.
I hate carrots by the way.
So what do you leave for santa??

Callistemon Tue 24-Dec-19 15:01:04

It was always a mince pie and a glass of sherry, plus carrots for the reindeer when I was young and when our DC were growing up.

I always used think that Father Christmas would be pie-eyed by the time he reached our house but perhaps the milk will help!

Nortsat46 Tue 24-Dec-19 15:19:54

... ‘mince pie-eyed’ Calistemon

Feelingmyage55 Tue 24-Dec-19 15:23:17

Milk, home bake and carrots.

Callistemon Tue 24-Dec-19 16:00:41

tchgrin

goose1964 Thu 26-Dec-19 11:04:09

We used to leave sherry and mince pies.This year DGS crashed out before we could do anything.

Teetime Thu 26-Dec-19 11:06:17

Port and shortbread this year.

Witzend Thu 26-Dec-19 21:14:23

Reindeer got reindeer food (muesli) and carrots. As I pointed out to little Gdcs in the morning, they had made rather a mess with their food, scattered crumbs of muesli and chewed morsels of carrot, but at least they didn't poo in the garden.

Father Christmas enjoyed 2 mince pies and a good tot of malt whisky. Definitely no milk for him at our house - the poor old thing needs something to warm him up!

LullyDully Fri 27-Dec-19 08:25:49

One year we put out the usual carrot and reindeer food. The carrot was slung in the garden so daddy had to scramble round in the dark to find it before the children did.

ginny Fri 27-Dec-19 09:18:25

Reindeer food, mince pie and milk. DGS tells us that FC must not drink and drive.

ninathenana Fri 27-Dec-19 09:32:17

DGC don't believe anymore sad

shysal Fri 27-Dec-19 10:20:17

Grandma has it right for the reindeer. I heard on the TV recently that they do not eat carrots!

BradfordLass72 Fri 27-Dec-19 21:24:44

Never any snacks for the reindeer at our house...miserable beggars.

Just a mince pie and half a glass of sherry, which in later years I learned was poured back into the bottle, not drunk.

Just wondering about Feelingmyage55 'homebake'.
Do you extract the morphine from the codeine yourself or do you have "a source" ? smile

"Ho ho ho, high as a kite!'

lemongrove Fri 27-Dec-19 21:32:59

It was always mince pie and small glass of sherry, but DS tells us they left a bowl of Maltesers out for FC and reindeer this year.....lucky things.?

AllotmentLil Sat 28-Dec-19 16:12:36

Glass of milk, mince pie, carrot for the reindeer and reindeer food sprinkled on the grass. The blackbirds loves the last!