Gransnet forums

Christmas

Best bit of Christmas

(12 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Thu 26-Dec-19 23:31:31

Ninarosa, your little Una is just adorable.

Maggiemaybe Thu 26-Dec-19 23:30:10

My four little musketeer DGSs getting on so well, as they always do. Especially as the older three cheered on the 2 year old’s cool Baby Shark moves when he was trying to compete with them in a computer game dance off. smile

cornergran Thu 26-Dec-19 23:15:48

Getting a gift exactly right for a 13 year old. Result smile.

MissAdventure Thu 26-Dec-19 23:02:51

My Christmas dinner was my best bit. smile

BradfordLass72 Thu 26-Dec-19 22:59:54

Ninarosa Una is absolutely adorable, what a lovely wee girl.

One of the many highlights of my Christmas was when my son received a 'book' written and illustrated by his step-son.

It was an imaginative story about how the hero, The Meat Man (my son is the BBQ champion of the family) and Santa Claus defeated Evil Broccoli Man who wanted to take over the world!

It was 6 pages of cartoons and very funny dialogue and my son read it with such enthusiasm and funny voices for each character, that we were all in fits of laughter.

MamaCaz Thu 26-Dec-19 22:03:21

By far the loveliest bit was getting to see 18 month old dgd open her presents yesterday (never seen any of our dgd do that before) , and her absolute delight with all of them but especially the little wooden doll's high chair and a doll's buggy that we gave her. Her reaction was so much better than we had expected that it really made the day. smile.

For reasons I won't go into, the second-best thing about Christmas is likely to be Jan 2nd!

tanith Thu 26-Dec-19 21:46:46

Lots of us at my daughters yesterday evening little Grt GD 2yrs disappeared into the bedroom with Mum I went to retrieve my coat and she was behind the door so I couldn’t go in saying no Gaga (what she calls me) doing a poo. She likes her privacy.

Ninarosa Thu 26-Dec-19 21:13:55

This little girl, the cherry on top of my Christmas cake. Granddaughter Una, 4 weeks young.

Marydoll Thu 26-Dec-19 21:10:53

My son got engaged, yesterday, I thought he would never settle down.?
We are all delighted.

Doodle Thu 26-Dec-19 20:37:58

Kisses and cuddles from all my family for all the family. A lovely day together.

M0nica Thu 26-Dec-19 20:34:01

Also from DGS. We always have a starter on Christmas day dinner, but have problems with allergies, so I bought a pack of ready to cook cheese soufles from a supermarket. When I opened the pack they were very small, cocktail canape size. So to dress them up a bit I put some cream and grated cheese over them and a slight shake of paprika before serving .

DGS looked at his tiny cheese canape, with a bit of suace and paprika round it and said. 'Oh Grandma, it looks like something on Master Chef' !!!!

GagaJo Thu 26-Dec-19 20:06:25

I'm not a huge Christmas fan, but with a young grandchild, I'm currently enjoying it more than usual. We've had a nice holiday. Lovely lunch, fed the swans, geese and ducks on our local lake, nice evening opening pressies and watching grandson engrossed in each new thing.

BUT the loveliest bit has happened just now. My darling boy came into my room to calm down a bit after his bath, to watch some In the Night Garden, before bed. He's so zonked, he fell asleep on my pillow. Such a vision of beauty and love. I feel as if my heart could burst.

What has been your nicest Christmas experience this year?