Gransnet forums

Christmas

My Christmas Gift Boxes

(10 Posts)
Spice101 Wed 16-Dec-20 05:57:06

As a Christmas thank you gift to my cleaning ladies and various others I've made up boxes of goodies.

Jaffa Cheesecake Balls, Mini Mince Pies, White Chocolate and Raspberry Fudge and Shortbread, all very yummy and naughty.

Spinnaker Wed 16-Dec-20 06:19:24

Ooh naughty....but very nice. I'm sure they will be most appreciated tchsmile

Bluedaisy Wed 16-Dec-20 10:12:42

They look lovely, what a lovely thing to do and much better than ‘smelly’.

Alioop Wed 16-Dec-20 10:12:44

Jaffa cheesecake balls!!! Never seen those anywhere. Gutted!!

Bluedaisy Wed 16-Dec-20 10:14:03

Word won’t type ? I meant to say the usual shower gels etc.

lemongrove Wed 16-Dec-20 10:14:25

Did you bake them Spice ?
How about spreading some joy on here and unpack a few, we will supply the free cafe ?

LauraNorder Wed 16-Dec-20 16:42:03

wow, those look delicious spice101, lucky cleaners.

Rosalyn69 Wed 16-Dec-20 16:57:42

These are lovely. I’m afraid I buy mine. Rubbish in the kitchen. ?

Nortsat Wed 16-Dec-20 17:01:40

I hate housework and haven’t had a cleaner since lockdown began because I had to shield. However, I will come and clean your house Spice in return for one of your delicious boxes.
Just send me your postcode ...

Spice101 Thu 17-Dec-20 11:46:38

Haha Norstat a long way to come I'm in Australia.

Lemongrove yes I did bake them. I've another few boxes to do over the weekend.

Alioop I found a recipe for Caramel Cheesecake Balls but substituted choc orange biscuits and called them Jaffa Cheesecake Balls. They are were delish. So easy to make just crush up Tim Tam biscuits (^Tim Tam is a brand of chocolate biscuit made by the Australian biscuit company Arnott's. It consists of two malted biscuits separated by a light chocolate cream filling and coated in a thin layer of textured chocolate also come in various other flavours^.) and mix with cream cheese. Roll into balls and coat with melted chocolate.