Gransnet forums

Christmas

Asda customer buys 23 slots to sell on Facebook marketplace

(20 Posts)
Sarnia Thu 24-Dec-20 10:54:19

It has to be a scam. This person hopes that someone will be needy enough to pay them £15 for what will turn out to be nothing. They should be named and shamed. There are some despicable people out there and we have to be on our guard 24/7. Thankfully, they are in the minority. I hope their turkey's gone off!!!

PollyDolly Thu 24-Dec-20 08:02:47

Sounds like a scam to me. Such a shame that this lowlife cannot be sentenced to a public flogging along with all the other scumbags exploiting the innocent for their own gain!

M0nica Thu 24-Dec-20 07:53:25

If this was possible I think Asda would very quickly put a stop to it.

Judy54 Wed 23-Dec-20 17:26:00

Thank you all I agree definitely sounds like a scam.

Blossoming Wed 23-Dec-20 16:24:00

Scam, and now being spread all over SM

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/asda-shoppers-warned-after-scammers-19505372

Kamiso Wed 23-Dec-20 16:21:57

Hopefully she’ll end up like the woman around here who bought up so many toilet rolls thinking she would make a fortune. Most people had sufficient by then and she was ignored.

MamaCaz Wed 23-Dec-20 16:18:23

Sounds to me like the person concerned is an attention-seeking wind-up merchant (and liar).

Blossoming Wed 23-Dec-20 16:07:59

I don’t see how this can be true, but aren’t delivery slots subject to change in response to events?

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 23-Dec-20 15:12:12

You also have to pay for it with your CCard when you book a slot, as someone has said maybe the seller will ask for your CCard number to ‘transfer the slot’.
Maybe FB will take it down?

FannyCornforth Wed 23-Dec-20 15:03:41

You can use several addresses, my dad and his wife use my Ocado account. And as pps have said, you can have stuff delivered to holidays cottages etc.
But you cannot transfer addresses once booked.

Elegran Wed 23-Dec-20 14:38:16

Maybe she will tell whoever buys one that she will change the delivery address AND change the credit card number to the one that the unsuspecting "customer" then trustingly tells her? Wonder whether the "customer" will ever get the delivery, and how much will be charged to her credit card for her non-existent groceries?

Kate1949 Wed 23-Dec-20 14:32:35

I think it's possible although it's a rotten thing to do.
At the start of the pandemic, we couldn't get a slot for love nor money. Our daughter has regular deliveries from Morrison's. She said she has the facility to 'add another address'. We didn't use it but it was available.

FannyCornforth Wed 23-Dec-20 14:01:50

Oldwoman70

I suppose you could transfer a slot by changing the delivery address but what about payment? When I have supermarket deliveries I pay via my credit card. I think this may be a scam - selling non-existent slots.

You would not be able to change the delivery address once it was booked.
Slot availability is purely dependant upon location.
Like Oopsadaisy, I'm pretty certain that it's an opportunistic scam.

Iam64 Wed 23-Dec-20 14:00:03

This is another scam, surely?

Smileless2012 Wed 23-Dec-20 13:56:37

Whether she has them to sell or is 'selling' what she doesn't actually have, I agree Judy she's despicable.

We are both fit and well and have continued to get our own super market shopping. I wouldn't want to take an online slot I don't need which may take it away from someone who does.

trisher Wed 23-Dec-20 13:54:48

I've had deliveries sent to a holiday cottage (remember when we had holidays-sigh) but I still had to pay for them!

Oldwoman70 Wed 23-Dec-20 13:52:37

I suppose you could transfer a slot by changing the delivery address but what about payment? When I have supermarket deliveries I pay via my credit card. I think this may be a scam - selling non-existent slots.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 23-Dec-20 13:51:34

Scam I would think, slots are based on your address so I doubt that a slot can be sold to a different address.
In theory, in normal times I could book a slot each day for 3 weeks and I can also book a slot somewhere if we go away, but the address is what determines the slots you are offered.

Bathsheba Wed 23-Dec-20 13:49:52

How do you transfer a slot you have booked to another person? hmm

Judy54 Wed 23-Dec-20 13:47:43

An Asda customer claims she has bought 23 online slots and is offering them for sale at £15 each on Facebook marketplace. Asda says it is not possible for a customer to secure that many slots and warned shoppers to avoid third party sellers. What a despicable person, if she truly has these slots (unlikely) then as it is the season of goodwill why not give them to those who need them more than she does. What are your thoughts on this?