Gransnet forums

Christmas

Wine

(15 Posts)
Welshwife Mon 28-Dec-20 22:24:48

What about a spritzer type drink - wine topped up with lemonade/ soda/ sparkling water.? I prefer a white wine to make it but cannot see why you couldn’t do it with red. I also found that I am not so fond of red wine now and find white wine nicer and lighter. Strange how our tastes change over the years.

merlotgran Mon 28-Dec-20 22:09:48

grannyrebel7

Pinogregiogran has a nice ring to it!

grin grin

Greyduster Mon 28-Dec-20 22:06:17

I don’t drink much wine these day either; if I cook pasta I like a glass of red, but that’s only once every couple of weeks. White upsets my stomach and rose is like drinking lemonade. A Guinness hits the spot if I’m tired or a nice peaty malt, but my drink of choice at the moment is lime juice and soda.

grannyrebel7 Mon 28-Dec-20 21:14:58

Pinogregiogran has a nice ring to it!

merlotgran Mon 28-Dec-20 20:47:14

I really ought to change my username because I hardly ever drink red wine these days, much preferring a sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio. grin

geekesse Mon 28-Dec-20 20:42:57

I went off wine when I was pregnant...

tanith Mon 28-Dec-20 20:31:53

Just drink something else you do like I have sparkling water with lime cordial it’s refreshing and tasty. Not much use if you want to get tipsy I guess.

Jaxjacky Mon 28-Dec-20 20:28:12

I went off red in my early 40’s. From drinking the heavy reds, Chateaunef du Pape etc I switched to white wine, now drink an 11% refreshing cheap white.

Curlywhirly Mon 28-Dec-20 20:20:48

This happened to my friend - she suddenly went off red wine so thought she'd give white wine a go (which she'd never really liked before) and was surprised to find that she really liked it! Also, you could maybe try a glass of fizz (prosecco, cava, champagne etc) it's not as heavy as red and definitely more refreshing.

grannyrebel7 Mon 28-Dec-20 20:12:01

I thought it might be an age thing smile

GagaJo Mon 28-Dec-20 20:02:57

Many of my tastes have changed since I got older. It's odd, isn't it?

ginny Mon 28-Dec-20 19:52:32

Why ‘force down’ something you don’t like ? Drink something you do , wether alcoholic or not.

EllanVannin Mon 28-Dec-20 19:10:46

You " have to force it down "? Sorry but I laughed at that bit. grin
Is there a non-alcoholic one ? I wouldn't know because I don't touch alcohol.

jogginggirl Mon 28-Dec-20 19:05:48

Have you tried a Pinot Noir grannyrebel7 It’s a little lighter than a Shiraz...?

grannyrebel7 Mon 28-Dec-20 19:01:55

I have always been partial to a glass or two of red, especially Shiraz. However of late I seem to have gone off it and have to force it down! I just don't seem to like the taste any more. I don't know what's happened. It also makes me feel very hot and I get red in the face. I don't really like any other alcoholic drinks except Bailey's and only have that at Christmas. I used to love wine so what can I drink on a night out with the girls now when all this is over? Anyone else experienced this?