Gransnet forums

Christmas

Christmas Cards

(11 Posts)
Beechnut Fri 08-Jan-21 13:19:19

I often cut them up for tags.
A few years ago my cousin sent me a lovely Christmas card with a hare on it so I framed it and use for a winter picture. I am going to do a similar thing with another very pretty card I received this year.

Jaxjacky Fri 08-Jan-21 13:13:05

I would normally put mine in a bin outside a supermarket collecting them, not possible, so green bin, no sparkly ones.

EllanVannin Fri 08-Jan-21 13:01:08

I'm a hoarder of them as some are so beautiful. As a girl mum used to hand them over and I'd spend hours cutting pictures out and forming scenes in a scrap book.
I never knew what happened to all those scrap-books which were filled with Christmas's gone by, even older ones originally sent by ancient relatives.

Severnsider Fri 08-Jan-21 12:33:26

I cut mine up and use the plain bits as shopping lists.

Teacheranne Fri 08-Jan-21 12:28:46

B9exchange

I go through mine and cut bits out of them, such as a pretty tree, or holly, or a sparkly area, and punch a hole to use as gift tags next year.

The remnants go in the recycling box along with the newspapers.

Snap! I’ve not bought any gift tags for years!

25Avalon Fri 08-Jan-21 11:31:45

I have a special template whereby you can turn them into little boxes with lids which are great for putting small gifts in next Christmas. Children like making the boxes too.

Peasblossom Fri 08-Jan-21 11:31:38

Have you got a neighbour whose children would like to cut them up and make pictures and stuff?

Especially welcome with home schooling going on?

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 08-Jan-21 11:27:11

I hold on to the ones with personal messages I used to gave the others to a charity who would recycle them. I shall have to find out if they will want to make use of them with COVID around

B9exchange Fri 08-Jan-21 11:15:20

I go through mine and cut bits out of them, such as a pretty tree, or holly, or a sparkly area, and punch a hole to use as gift tags next year.

The remnants go in the recycling box along with the newspapers.

FannyCornforth Fri 08-Jan-21 11:14:58

I save my favourites and bin the rest.
The best ones from over the past few years go back up again!
You can then have a beautifully curated display every year!

mrsmopp Fri 08-Jan-21 11:12:46

Well, Christmas and New year and 12th Night are all over now and the house tidied up.
But what to do with these Christmas cards? We’ve had some lovely ones this year, it’s a shame to throw them away.
Are they any use to anyone?