Gransnet forums

Christmas

Winchester Christmas Market

(7 Posts)
nandad Tue 07-Dec-21 15:20:35

Wondered if anyone has been to the Christmas Market in Winchester and if they think it’s worth visiting? We are heading for Salisbury and thought we might like to make a detour. Some reviewers have said that there are only a few cabins open, local newspaper says there are 100 sellers! We will be going Thursday or Friday. Welcome your opinions.

lindiann Tue 07-Dec-21 16:03:19

Yes it was lovely when I went a few years ago christmas.winchester-cathedral.org.uk/
Lovely setting in front of Cathedral Salisbury has a smaller Christmas Market too well worth a visit and some great shops and River Walks Enjoy smile

Rosepaul Tue 07-Dec-21 16:08:38

We went last week it was lovely, gorgeous setting and lots of fabulous stalls.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 07-Dec-21 19:05:35

Good market. Murder parking.

Visgir1 Tue 07-Dec-21 20:14:17

Whitewavemark2

Good market. Murder parking.

Agree... However Check out Park and Ride. I alway use that, yep Murder to park in City.

Jaxjacky Tue 07-Dec-21 20:42:18

Six miles from us, my office used to overlook it, as Visgirl said, use the Park and Ride. It’s very pretty in the shadow of Winchester Cathedral.

nandad Tue 07-Dec-21 22:17:08

Thank you all for your replies. I think we will take the detour and use the park and ride. We have stayed in Winchester a couple of times and love it, so are looking forward to seeing it in its Christmas glory.