Gransnet forums

Christmas

On-Line Deliveries. Gold Star

(9 Posts)
notgran Wed 22-Dec-21 13:31:10

Am I the only one who has ordered loads of items, presents, food, drink on-line and everything arrived as expected? The last order has been delivered this morning. Everything else has arrived on time even next day deliveries. One notable exception was an order for alcohol and 2 items were wrong and not to our (my?) taste. I returned the 2 items they sent me by mistake and received my entire order again, about 10 items. When I rang them to say what should I do I'm happy to pay for some of it, they said, Happy Christmas keep it all smile So even when it went a bit wrong it turned itself to our advantage. Just got a few things to buy at the Supermarket tonight and the meat to collect from the butchers Christmas Eve. I must say that through nothing that we have done any differently to other years, everything has arrived and we are ready for Christmas(whispers)

Grandmabatty Wed 22-Dec-21 13:39:07

I think it's mixed. My orders all arrived without any hiccups but others in the family have had problems. I also think firms have improved their online delivery service because of the pandemic.

EllanVannin Wed 22-Dec-21 14:59:14

I've had no problems whatsoever ordering everything online. Asda" know " what I want in food as I don't mind paying that bit extra for the best and everything I've received has been spot-on.
Well done to them. I feel very fortunate indeed.

Elizabeth27 Wed 22-Dec-21 15:26:13

I realised yesterday evening I was a gift short so ordered from Amazon at 9.30 pm, it arrived this morning at 11 am

It still amazes me how they do this..

notgran Wed 22-Dec-21 15:40:23

Elizabeth27

I realised yesterday evening I was a gift short so ordered from Amazon at 9.30 pm, it arrived this morning at 11 am

It still amazes me how they do this..

Me too. Done with Robots, presumably

GreyKnitter Wed 22-Dec-21 15:42:34

No problems here with a whole range of deliveries.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 22-Dec-21 16:04:52

Yes, everything arrived safely, even stuff that wasn’t expected until after Christmas arrived early.

Well done everyone who works hard to get the deliveries out plus those delivering.

Daisymae Wed 22-Dec-21 16:14:14

Yes, I've ordered everything online and I have to say full credit to the delivery companies etc.

NotTooOld Wed 22-Dec-21 16:18:20

I too think on-line orders/deliveries have moved up a notch and should be congratulated but it is sad to see the actual shops going downhill. I visited Morrisons recently and was disappointed to see the reduced offering, some empty shelves, only two tills open and a generally depressing environment.
Still, I suppose we can't have everything.