Gransnet forums

Christmas

M&S Christmas wreath to make yourself.

(7 Posts)
Yammy Wed 22-Dec-21 14:14:21

Any one else been daft enough to buy this? I am so disappointed with the contents I did not even start to make it . It's a complete RIP OFF.

Daisymae Wed 22-Dec-21 16:20:16

That's a shame. Can't you make it up and add some bits of greenery or some christmas decs, or maybe a ribbon? Very disappointing for you, I'm just waiting for a flower delivery from them so keeping my fingers crossed!

notgran Wed 22-Dec-21 16:28:47

I haven't heard of M&S DIY Christmas wreath. I made the DIY wreath from our local florist. She gives idiot guide instructions that even a useless at crafts folk like me can follow. Here it is with lights I supplied.

Yammy Wed 22-Dec-21 18:28:13

Thanks for answering. In the past, I have done flower arranging classes but of course, at the moment they are cancelled. They have asked for a review today but seem to have removed the wreath form sale ,I only saw the poor reviews weeks after I had ordered it.Yours is beautiful notgran and must have been a pleasure to make.

Pythagoras Wed 22-Dec-21 22:06:01

I'd complain to M&S in the strongest terms and insist on a refund (especially as you haven't even made it). I hate being blatantly ripped off.

LadyStardust Wed 22-Dec-21 22:22:37

Its so disappointing isn't it when something you buy is so not what you expected. I'm surprised at M&S. Email them and express your concern. The least they can do is offer you a refund. Take yourself out tomorrow with a pair of secateurs and see what you can forage! I always make my own from greenery I see on my dog walks. I try not to take berries as I feel I'm stealing from the birds but I couldn't resist a couple of clumps this time! Usually I just use wire coiled into a ring, for the base, but this year I bought a rattan one, which hopefully will last for a few years. When dismantled after Christmas, the greenery will go in the compost bin!

Chardy Wed 22-Dec-21 22:33:18

That's strange. I'd been thinking today of collecting the pieces so DGD could make one when she visits. I had no idea you could buy it all in kit form.