Gransnet forums

Christmas

Carol Concert.

(5 Posts)
Calendargirl Fri 16-Dec-22 13:28:41

DH and I went to our local church last night for the grammar school Carol service. Our GD is in the choir.

I was fine until they sang the ‘Christmas Canon of Peace.’

The haunting piano music, the soaring voices of the choir (GD singing her heart out, has a lovely singing voice, does not take after me), but mainly the words, peace on earth just resonated so with all that is going on in the world at the moment,

The tears rolled down my cheeks, kept putting my glasses on and off to hide them,. DH looked at me in horror, tears embarrass him at the best of times.

Just all seemed so poignant somehow.

😢

Nannagarra Fri 16-Dec-22 13:35:44

I had a problem with leaking eyes at a nativity play on Tuesday.

tanith Fri 16-Dec-22 13:55:45

I've weeped just watching the video of a GSs beautiful carol concert especially when they did the Carol of Bells drums and all.

Gin Fri 16-Dec-22 14:01:37

We had our community choir concert last weekend and a young member, who attends the village primary school, sang a beautiful solo. She is a refugee from Ukraine and has only been in the country eight months but speaks English fluently already and is a lovely bubbly person. There was not a dry eye in the house and she received such an ovation.

Chocolatelovinggran Sat 17-Dec-22 12:12:37

Oh my, Gin, I'd have been a blubbering wreck ! How wonderful that she has been welcomed by your lovely community.