Gransnet forums

Christmas

Still in my dressing gown at 11.30,but….

(21 Posts)
Witzend Sat 24-Dec-22 11:37:28

Have wrapped all remaining presents (inc. for Gdcs’ 4 cats and ditto chickens 🎅🏻), have put the turkey giblets with sundry veg on to simmer for the gravy tomorrow, and made a batch of pastry for mince pies.

Which I will actually make right after finally showering and dressing forthwith. Must have mince pies (and mulled wine) to go with Carols from King’s later.
Happy Christmas Eve everybody! 🎄

Ziplok Sat 24-Dec-22 11:43:48

Happy Christmas Eve Witzend. 🎄

GagaJo Sat 24-Dec-22 11:49:40

Me too! But I've taught two online lessons. I disguised the dressing gown with a carefully arranged scarf.

Joane123 Sat 24-Dec-22 12:46:14

Happy Christmas to you Witzend and everyone.
May you all enjoy it and have peace and happiness in the New Year.

Smileless2012 Sat 24-Dec-22 12:51:25

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all GN's.

MiniMoon Sat 24-Dec-22 13:10:16

This morning I was up showered and dressed by 8:30. Ginger shortbread made and topped with ginger fudge icing. DGD says it isn't Christmas without Granny's ginger shortbread. Cat litter tray cleaned and cat fed. He's my DD's cat, but he keeps wandering away and trying to move in with an elderly lady who doesn't want him. He's not happy that I'm keeping him inside, but he's having to put up with the situation. DH doesn't like cats! I digress.
Made lunch and after my cup of tea I have pavlovas to make. Then I must prepare the red cabbage ready for the Christmas feast.
I might manage a sit down after that.

MiniMoon Sat 24-Dec-22 13:12:11

Merry Christmas o all my Gransnet friends.🎄🎉🎁

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 24-Dec-22 13:19:00

Merry Christmas to all on Gransnet.

Chocolatelovinggran Sat 24-Dec-22 14:00:30

And a big thank you to you all for a year of thought - provoking posts, hilarious posts and a good (?) reason to sit down with a cup of tea.

teabagwoman Sat 24-Dec-22 17:19:36

Mini Moon, if you have time (!) I would love the recipe for your ginger shortbread, my family would love it. Happy Christmas everyone.

Poppyred Sat 24-Dec-22 17:24:08

I’ve just made a homemade batter for Yorkshire puds tomorrow. God knows why- -never had Yorkshire puds with Christmas dinner before- -. Inspired by “Jilly” on radio 2!

Poppyred Sat 24-Dec-22 17:24:54

Merry Christmas everyone. 🎄🍗🎁🥂⛄️

dragonfly46 Sat 24-Dec-22 17:31:26

I am back in my dressing gown having had a bath before getting ready to go out tonight.

henetha Sat 24-Dec-22 18:32:19

Thanks to all the nice people on GN for keeping me company almost every day of the year.
Happy Christmas to everyone, and for those who are ill or unhappy I send heartfelt wishes for better times ahead.smile

Hetty58 Sat 24-Dec-22 18:35:33

A normal day for me - no pressies, cards or food prep to do - I've given it all up - bliss! I'm to be collected in the morning and I'll enjoy the day as a guest, at last!

SunshineSally Sat 24-Dec-22 18:39:11

Aww I so wish there was a ‘like’ button on here!
Wishing you all Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year 🥂🍾 Here’s hoping that 2023 will be a good year for us all xx

AreWeThereYet Sat 24-Dec-22 19:45:58

Happy Christmas Eve Witzend. You (and a few other GNs) have been my inspiration for the last few days. I have finally attempted to crochet something wearable. I've undone it twice but have finally got the hang of what I am doing and there's some promise of it actually turning into a beanie. At some point over the next two days 🤣 So thank you all.

Iam64 Sat 24-Dec-22 20:38:38

Witzend, I’ve just enjoyed carols from kings. What a joy.
Ham cooked. Stuffings made/. Veg all allegedly ready at adult children’s homes. They went home an hour ago along with 4 over excited under 8 year olds. It’s my first Christmas without mr I am - he was usually my veg peeler. My control freakery is struggling with waiting till 12 noon when the adult children arrive with pots of potato, carrots neeps, sprouts etc. I have a particular way of chopping and sizing veg. And breathe

Doodledog Sat 24-Dec-22 21:08:35

I hope you have a lovely day, Iam. I know it will be difficult, but with your family around you it will still be lovely.

Merry Christmas to all on Gransnet, and here's to a peaceful 2023 wine

Iam64 Sun 25-Dec-22 09:10:17

Thank you Doodledog. Turkey stuffed and in the oven. I’m about to take the dogs out

Happy Christmas to everyone and thanks for the gransnet support

Kalu Sun 25-Dec-22 09:45:48

🌲Merry Christmas 🌲 to all Gnetters. 🥂

A tough one for you Iam. Having family around will keep you busy to help you through the day plus, you have us lot, always here when you need us. x