Gransnet forums

Christmas

Ahead or behind?

(53 Posts)
Oreo Sat 03-Oct-26 12:18:12

I’m thinking about it already fancythat😃 bought some M&S mince pies…most eaten, some Christmas cards for friends who like them and have my eye on some lovely lights in the garden centre.

Grandmabatty Sat 03-Oct-26 12:13:52

I have started buying gifts. Next week I will make spiced red cabbage and apples ready for the freezer. In the best Terry Wogan tradition, the sprouts are on!

fancythat Sat 03-Oct-26 12:11:35

I know there are some who dont start on anything to do with Christmas, until 1 December.
Or later.

For those of us who start a lot earlier, are you ahead or behind?

I am ahead. Partly to do with circumstances.
When I go out, there seem to be more people than usual, both on the roads, and shopping.

Is that just around here? Spreading cost of living? Weather is still good? People go out for coffee more, and then browse?
Or starting getting ready for Christmas earlier?