Gransnet forums

Competitions

Won anything?

(1001 Posts)
JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 10-Jun-11 15:23:47

We'll be posting who's won the competitions each month on this thread - so keep checking back to see if you've won anything!

To start, the Nintendo DSi XLs with Art Academy software - the five lucky winners are susiebaby, phoenix, Jan, VProudGranny and dorsetpennt

We've had emails back from a few of you, but need your addresses to send you the prize you've won, so please check your email!

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 24-Aug-11 16:58:40

More great news: harrigran, bellesnan and farmgal have all won 4 tickets to see The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Congratulations!

Check your email inboxes for details on how to claim your prizes.

harrigran Wed 24-Aug-11 23:46:12

Yes thanks Josie, over the moon to win tickets for The Very hungry caterpillar. My DGDs will love it.

dolphin Thu 25-Aug-11 12:29:01

I was amazed and delighted to have won one of the MillaMia knitting wools and pattern book. I haven't done any knitting for I don't know how many years and wondered whether I would even remember how to cast on! But have started on a toddler's cardigan for beloved gd and I can remember how to and am enjoying doing it! I don't think this will be the last thing I knit - so a big thank you Gransnet!

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 25-Aug-11 17:04:48

Very happy to announce that the lucky winners of 3 Cars 2 games and family tickets to see the film are: rosiesposies, glammanana, katesheilaskate and betejaid.

Also the winner of the Ruby Wax tickets, randomly picked from posters on the thread, is grannygee.

Congrats all, and check your inboxes for details!

glammanana Thu 25-Aug-11 17:44:39

Thank you so much we will enjoy the film with DGCs it will be a nice surprise after they have returned to school.

yogagran Thu 25-Aug-11 22:04:49

Thank you Josie - my parcel of art materials and Usborne books arrived this morning. GD will be delighted, and I'm enjoying the "Usborne Introduction to Modern Art". Lovely surprise - thank you x

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 02-Sep-11 11:57:44

Congratulations! The prize of a holiday to Knoll House has gone to fatfairy - lucky thing! envy

Heather Wed 07-Sep-11 16:32:10

Grand-daughter, daughter and I had our lunch at Jamies' Italian yesterday. It was absolutely a wonderful treat, thank you very much.
Grand-daughter liked having a picture and crayons whilst we waited for our meal. The childrens' menu was contained in one of those view finder thingys (anyone remember them?), sort of like a camera on which the lever at the side is pulled down and releases to move from one picture to the next. Grand-daughter ordered number 6!!
From our seat on the first floor Grand-daughter and I (being side-by-side, opposite Mummy) could turn around and watch the man on the ground floor making pasta and then 'winding' it on to a 'spindle' on one machine. The spindle was then moved to another machine which also had a container of 'filling' and, when he switched on, we watched the ravioli pop out - sometimes faster than he could keep up with ... most amusing!!!
The restaurant itself was exactly as I imagined - a rustic touch but very practical. But there were linen napkins, most civilised!!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 07-Sep-11 16:59:38

Heather - delighted to hear you all had such a lovely time - thanks so much for letting us know

goose1964 Thu 08-Sep-11 07:18:34

cogratulations to you all - could we have some prizes that are suitable for babies & not in London!!!

Libradi Thu 08-Sep-11 08:14:32

Heather that sounds lovely, very interesting for granddaughter too, glad you had a nice time.

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 09-Sep-11 17:06:05

Congratulations to nipsmum, gally and nanapug who are the winners of the Maxi Cosi car seat. Hope you have lots of happy car journeys, with no tears, throwing up or are-we-there-yets!

Libradi Sat 10-Sep-11 15:33:48

Congratulations on winning the car seat everyone! I'm still looking forward to receiving the brainbox games, hope they will arrive by Christmas smile

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 15-Sep-11 15:35:09

Congrats to OTHill, granniesruntoo and graninthemist, who have all won Scooby Doo DVD box sets, activities and goodies. Check your email for more details!

Libradi, games should be with you very soon, enjoy!

Libradi Fri 16-Sep-11 11:19:51

Thank you very much Josie, received my box of brainbox games this morning!

nanapug Fri 16-Sep-11 13:58:09

Thank you so much GN for the fabulous car seat. DD is delighted with it as she is very safety conscious, and the baby (now nearly two weeks old!!) will be able to stay rear facing for much longer (as they do in Europe). Big hugs to you all smile

Gally Fri 16-Sep-11 14:38:31

Yes - thank you in advance for my lovely red car seat. Should be delivered today but nothing as yet - Mr.G has been on guard duty at the front door just in case......grin

Jacey Sat 17-Sep-11 13:57:45

JosieGNHQ just entered the nintendo comp ...why did it then tell me I'd successfully entered the Hungry caterpillar com?? confused

Libradi Sat 17-Sep-11 20:28:14

Yes Jacey, I got the same message.

nannym Sun 18-Sep-11 07:39:22

That happened to me too. Hope I am in the right competition!

NanaAnna Thu 22-Sep-11 22:35:01

I had an email saying I'd won a pass to Warwick Castle - hope it's for real! grin

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 22-Sep-11 23:27:55

Apologies for the Nintendo/Hungry Caterpillar confusion. A little glitch that has now been sent packing

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 23-Sep-11 09:45:18

Yes, NanaAnna, you've won one of the passes to Warwick Castle - thanks for reminding us to announce it here!
The other winners of the Merlin passes were nanny1 and Spinney - congratulations!

Annobel Tue 27-Sep-11 12:28:26

You sent me an email to say I'd won a 3-day break at Thoresby Hall Hotel. Hope there's no confusion there!

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 27-Sep-11 12:30:19

Winners of Miriam Stoppard's book are duckysnan, Twobabes, AnnB, NanaSusie and coastwalker.

And winner of the Thoresby Hall three night break is Annobel - congratulations to all of you!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion