Gransnet forums

Competitions

NOW CLOSED Gransnet Local Christmas listings

(37 Posts)
LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 13-Nov-13 18:02:25

Our Gransnet Local Christmas categories are ready and eagerly awaiting some festive listings. Which calls for a competition...

As well as being a good citizen by spreading the word about any fabulous Christmas events in your area, anyone who creates a listing and posts a link to it on this thread will automatically be entered into a draw to win a mystery bundle of books.

To find your local site, just click here. The winner will be chosen on the 15th December. Happy listing!

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 06-Dec-13 09:45:23

Hi all, thanks for all your contributions over the past few weeks - some lovely events have been added to the local sites! In the interest of delivering the winner's mystery bundle before Christmas, we've decided to close the competition a little early. If you'd like to add anything else over the weekend, please do - we'll be picking the winner on Monday morning tchsmile

And don't forget - if any of you enjoyed adding the listings and want to know more about becoming a local editor, just get in touch!

Minty Mon 02-Dec-13 16:10:58

Whoops forgot link!
local.gransnet.com/bristol/christmas-events/34034-something-a-bit-special

Minty Mon 02-Dec-13 16:10:28

This is a definite treat http://local.gransnet.com/bristol/christmas-events/34034-something-a-bit-special

Maniac Sat 30-Nov-13 20:23:03

www.stgeorgesbristol.co.uk/events/2013-12/?mcMonth=2013-12

St George's Bristol is one of the country's best concert halls.
In Dec there is a veritable feast of Christmas music of many genres.
I will certainly go to one of the 2 concerts by the Bristol Bach choir .If Bach is not for you there is lots of other music to enjoy.

Anghy Sat 30-Nov-13 09:38:07

Skating at Cardiff's Winter Wonderland

Minty Wed 27-Nov-13 16:14:12

local.gransnet.com/bristol/christmas-activities-for-children Bristol Zoo
local.gransnet.com/bristol/christmas-carols/33837-christmas-at-woodlands-church Carols
local.gransnet.com/bristol/ice-skating/33844-skating Ice Skating
local.gransnet.com/bristol/christmas-events/33839-enchanted-christmas Westonbirt Arboretum.

YaYaJen Fri 22-Nov-13 16:42:17

If you have a favourite Christmas market, panto or Santa to visit in North Yorkshire please share the details here local.gransnet.com/north-yorkshire/christmas to enter the competition.

Minty Fri 22-Nov-13 08:57:23

www.bristolshoppingquarter.co.uk/offers-and-events/news-and-events/2013/11/20/local-christmas-market-in-bristol-shopping-quarter-a2469

Wallygrom Mon 18-Nov-13 21:30:52

This is fabulous - have been there before with my grandchildren!!

Wallygrom Mon 18-Nov-13 21:29:26

A novel way to see Santa!! local.gransnet.com/cheltenham-gloucester/christmas-activities-for-children/33335-santa-cruises-at-gloucester-waterways-museum

janerowena Mon 18-Nov-13 19:09:43

blush Thank you!

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 18-Nov-13 11:09:36

p.s janerowena - review all sorted wink

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 18-Nov-13 11:08:56

Thanks to all who have posted links to their Gransnet Local sites back here and entered themselves for the prize draw - some lovely events coming up. If anyone has any questions, do shout!

NannaAnna Sat 16-Nov-13 13:02:05

I must share this one, because it is just magical:
local.gransnet.com/worthing/christmas-activities-for-children/33154-a-traditional-christmas-at-amberley-museum
I'm sure PRINTMISS will concur smile

Minty Sat 16-Nov-13 10:38:21

local.gransnet.com/bristol/christmas-events/33288-henleaze-christmas-fair

Aka Fri 15-Nov-13 21:50:59

Birmingham Frankfurt Christmas Market

janerowena Fri 15-Nov-13 20:57:39

I love Hatfield House, the frost fair must be brilliant.

janerowena Fri 15-Nov-13 20:56:26

Aaaah - it would appear that the review may need removal!

janerowena Fri 15-Nov-13 20:55:21

I'm not sure that mine came out ok, because my review disappeared when I tried to preview it. I think now is possibly one of the times when I long for a 'delete' button.

local.gransnet.com/suffolk/christmas-markets/33368-blackthorpe-barns-christmas-market

NannaAnna Fri 15-Nov-13 20:03:31

And here's one I did earlier too wink

local.gransnet.com/worthing/christmas-markets/33356-christmas-market

There is so much on, and us Local editors can't possibly know everything that's happening, which is why it would be great it local Gransnetters could add events they know about or are involved in.

It only takes a few minutes to add a listing, and don't worry if you can't add a photo, because we can probably find one to fit the bill smile

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 15-Nov-13 15:56:40

...and here's one I did earlier!
local.gransnet.com/hertfordshire/christmas-markets/33364-christmas-frost-fair

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 15-Nov-13 15:29:00

Hi glammanana that sounds lovely! Could you list it on the Chester site and then send us the link to that (the link should take you to the Gransnet Local Chester site, rather than the zoo website)? We'd really like people to come across these events while browsing Gransnet Local, so your listing it on GN Chester would be great grin

glammanana Fri 15-Nov-13 12:47:02

www.chesterzoo.org/must-sees/christmas-lantern-magic woops sorry you can now link up.

glammanana Fri 15-Nov-13 12:44:34

Some lovely things going on out and around Chester this Christmas and one that will be sure to interest Grandparents is the Chester Zoo Magic Lantern Event which takes you and your family for a delightful magical stroll around the Zoo at dusk with Lanterns which have been made by your family,on the way meeting up with Father Christmas and his helpers.[[ www.chesterzoo.org/must-sees/christmas-lantern-magic ]]

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 15-Nov-13 12:12:30

Thanks NannaAnna , yes if you find a Christmas event that you think would be good, please find your local Gransnet site here.

Once you've found it, click on Christmas on the left-hand side, under Things to do

Choose your Christmas category - is it a market? a show? a restaurant doing Christmas lunch? - and click on it (there may not be anything there yet when you get to the next page, but don't worry)

Click add a listing - the blue button on the top-right - and a few fields will come up. Please fill these in with details of your event (feel free to take the blurb about it from the website itself), and when you're ready click post listing at the bottom.

Your listing should now be finished - all you need to do is copy the link from the address bar...and paste it here! It's important that the link is one from the Gransnet Local site that will take us to your listing rather than an external website, and then that's it-you're entered.