Gransnet forums

Competitions

The Ultimate Gransnet Prize Draw

(631 Posts)
EmilyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 04-Sep-14 13:53:57

To celebrate National Grandparents Day next month we have a GIGANTIC bunch of prizes in store for one lucky gransnetter worth a grand total of (nearly) TWO AND A HALF THOUSAND POUNDS!

You could be in with a chance of winning:
A holiday
A family photo shoot
A car travel system
£250 worth of vouchers to spend on diamonds
£250 voucher for spa treatments
A case of wine.

That's six amazing prizes, rolled into one, for one lucky winner.

For more information about our fantastic prizes see the competition page

Entering the draw is simple. Just tell us what you think puts the GRAND in grandparenting in the thread below.

Remember, you need to be a member to post on the thread, so register here

The competition closes at midday on 5 October. The winner will be drawn at random and we will notify them by email on the same day.

GOOD LUCK!

georgiejg Thu 04-Sep-14 15:59:53

Seeing her little face when she comes across something new and exciting such a GRAND feeling

buchanl Thu 04-Sep-14 16:00:47

You always seem to have more time to spend to spend with the grandkids than you do with your own kids which is grand

janthea Thu 04-Sep-14 16:06:52

GRANDchildren are the absolute best gift that your children can ever give you. Grandchildren aren't just for Christmas, they are for life.

janepearce6 Thu 04-Sep-14 16:13:23

Oh! To be a Grandmother is one of the joys of my life! I've six of them - they've all left school and I've been lucky enough to have seen them grow up, and I know them and I'm terribly proud of each and everyone. I think they like me - I've never interfered with their growing up or had to scold them - they bring me immense joy and happiness.

bridge16 Thu 04-Sep-14 16:17:43

The Grand in Grandparents is because they have more time to put everything aside to look after the children rather than rushing around like mum has to. They do the fun stuff colouring, parks, lego you name it! Its all the best bits of being a parent and less of the not so good bits!

sandian Thu 04-Sep-14 16:34:59

Living more of the good times and less of the bad. They can talk to us about things they would never discuss with there parents. Grand is always how I feel when I am with them.

tsharp Thu 04-Sep-14 16:37:42

To give advice, when asked.
To listen when needed.
And most of all to give love and support all the time.

chrin Thu 04-Sep-14 16:43:32

always being available for the kids to moan at about their siblings or their parents and vice versa without passing judgement, being a source of wisdom without being judgmental and treating the grandchildren as vip's

jen1984j Thu 04-Sep-14 16:47:23

always being there for them

nodrog Thu 04-Sep-14 16:53:29

to share in the life of my grandchildren

daisyduck Thu 04-Sep-14 17:10:07

Having the time to play with the grandchildren, messy cooking sessions, even messier painting play! Taking them on nature rambles, rock pooling and puddle jumping.. basically reliving my childhood days with them.
Grand because we get all the fun of the playing and then hand them back tired, happy and messy smile

glowgirl Thu 04-Sep-14 17:14:32

The 'grand' art of imparting wisdom and knowing when to keep quite, priceless smile

nigernomad Thu 04-Sep-14 17:15:02

It's grand to have a BIG part in their lives, but not the ongoing responsibility!

mrspea Thu 04-Sep-14 17:20:27

My 'granny' mantra is to 'Keep Thy Mouth Shut and Thy Opinions to Thyself' and just have an absolute ball with my Grandchildren. I get the most amazing cuddles every time I see them, and they keep me young..who needs yoga when you can race around the park?! They bring me so much joy, I could not even put it in to words!

Bellabella123 Thu 04-Sep-14 17:37:06

Being a grandparent is a double whammy of love, because you get to be a mum or dad to your own babies, and then get to be a nana or papa to your grandchildren - what could be better!

pixies Thu 04-Sep-14 17:53:15

its grand being a grandparent, when i had children i had to work now i am a grandparent i can spend time with the kids and see them grow and see family resemblense.

risey1983 Thu 04-Sep-14 18:12:16

GRAND days out, GRAND times at home and GRAND memories

Annie29 Thu 04-Sep-14 18:13:25

The love the grandchildren give me is such a grand feeling.

happysouls Thu 04-Sep-14 18:15:10

Age and experience, and valuable life lessons learned that you can try and pass on!

Hattiehelga Thu 04-Sep-14 18:16:46

"I love you Nain"

pamelaJEAN Thu 04-Sep-14 18:19:47

I love making my 5 grandchildren laugh, doing silly granny dances in the kitchen, silly faces, but when another adult or member of the family comes in.... stopping suddenly and being serious.... giving them loads of cuddles, even the 17 year old....never to old to have cuddles with grandma . Making them feel safe being with Grandma, and telling me their secrets. Being a grandma is the best job ever .

pamelaJEAN Thu 04-Sep-14 18:22:32

I love making my 5 grandchildren laugh, doing silly granny dances in the kitchen, silly faces, but when another adult or member of the family comes in.... stopping suddenly and being serious.... giving them loads of cuddles, even the 17 year old....never to old to have cuddles with grandma . Making them feel safe being with Grandma, and telling me their secrets. Being a grandma is the best job ever .

pamelaJEAN Thu 04-Sep-14 18:22:57

pamelaJEAN Thu 04-Sep-14 18:22:58

pamelaJEAN Thu 04-Sep-14 18:22:58