Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win an iPad!!!

(435 Posts)
EmilyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 27-Oct-14 09:35:10

Gingersnap, the new adventure app for grandparents and their grandchildren are offering the chance to win an iPad just by completing the following sentence on the thread below.

I would like to win an iPad because...

The winner will be picked by the creators of Gingersnap and notified within two weeks of the competition closing.

This competition has now closed. We'll announce the winner within two weeks. Thanks for all your entries!

alabaster Mon 27-Oct-14 17:55:42

I would like to win an iPad because...I'm just about keeping up with technology!

JOliver Mon 27-Oct-14 17:57:48

I would like to win an iPad because...my grandson can operate one better than me, so I figured it was time to get tech savvy.

Clairemike Mon 27-Oct-14 17:58:06

As it would be easier than a big computer set up

chrin Mon 27-Oct-14 17:58:30

I would like to win an ipad so that my grandchildren don't argue over the one they have

mrspea Mon 27-Oct-14 18:00:53

I'd love to win an iPad to be able to 'facetime' my Grandchildren, who live quite far away. I don't get to see them as much as I would like to, so this would be amazing!

Waterman3 Mon 27-Oct-14 18:01:24

My grandchildren have promised me that if I get one they will show me how to use it

pennwood Mon 27-Oct-14 18:11:45

Educational adventures would be,
fun for the grandchildren & me.
Learning can be such a pleasure,
an ideal way to spend my leisure.

downingarms Mon 27-Oct-14 18:20:29

I would like to win an iPad because I seriously need to get re- organised.

anngwill Mon 27-Oct-14 18:29:42

I would like to win an iPad so I can keep in touch with my grandchildren & show them that Nan isn't past it yet!!

lilmiztam22 Mon 27-Oct-14 18:30:14

I'd love to have an Ipad so I can join in on games and keep in contact with my whole family!

nodrog Mon 27-Oct-14 18:35:15

I would like to win an iPad because it would be nice to try and keep up to date with all latest technology to try and help the grandchildren with there homework .

NfkDumpling Mon 27-Oct-14 18:39:21

I would like to win an iPad because my DGC keep 'borrowing' mine and messing it up - especially the one year old. Despite it's age I am amazed how resilient it is! They have to be rationed to take turns - but I don't get a look in.

I would love a nice new one to hide under the bed, to be mine, all mine!

hannonle Mon 27-Oct-14 19:05:37

I'd love an ipad for my grandkids so that they can watch their children's programmes on youtube/iplayer when they visit. Whatever happens to be on on cbbc etc is never a show they like.
Plus they have interactive books on theirs at home which compliments the traditional learning to read methods.

I daren't let them use my laptop but an ipad would be less breakable and more child-friendly.

joanf Mon 27-Oct-14 19:05:47

I would like to win an iPad to keep up with my 9 Grandchildren some who live nearby and some a long way away.

finleypop Mon 27-Oct-14 19:09:17

An iPad mini would be a godsend to me. My son swims for the City & trains 5 times a week including 5.15am sessions! With galas & competitions on top of this, I spend my life sat in swimming pools. The iPad would give me a chance to catch up on jobs, emails etc & also while away some of the hours sat on those uncomfortable, plastic spectator seats. Not only this, but I could use it to keep a track of his official times, PB's & also submit his times & download entry forms for his events.

lfc4eva Mon 27-Oct-14 19:11:16

I would like to win an iPad because it's the way forward for everyone, so easy to keep in touch

glassortwo Mon 27-Oct-14 19:12:59

I would like to win an iPad because... my Grandchildren fight over my DHs.

isis53 Mon 27-Oct-14 19:25:46

I would like to win an ipad so I can keep in touch with my lovely grandchildren

Micah68 Mon 27-Oct-14 19:30:34

I would like to win an iPad to learn how to skype. My elderly laptop doesn't only lets me listen, but I cannot see the other person.

compy99 Mon 27-Oct-14 19:39:04

So that I can keep up with the News and current affairs, also it would be nice to have access to some child friendly apps that I can use with my little Grandson when he visits.

stewaris Mon 27-Oct-14 19:46:27

I would like to win an iPad because it would be easier to keep in touch with my gorgeous granddaughters and it means they'll be able to show me what they need(want) for Christmas birthdays etc.

celebgran Mon 27-Oct-14 19:48:40

I would love to win an iPad and present it to my dear husband for his 70th birthday next year! Then he could skype our son who has moved further away from us I know he feels the estrangement of our daughter more and more with advancing years.

angiesandhu Mon 27-Oct-14 20:01:16

I would love to win an ipad as sitting with a laptop makes my back hurt

Pumpkin2 Mon 27-Oct-14 20:01:20

I would like to win an iPad I would like to swap high tea for IT.

furby1 Mon 27-Oct-14 20:06:29

My laptop is on its last legs and an ipad will help me keep in touch with family and friends smile