Gransnet forums

Competitions

Find the best place for you to live

(70 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Tue 21-Apr-15 12:36:02

take the test

FlicketyB Fri 24-Apr-15 18:55:18

The problem with this quiz is that it only looks at your personality and doesn't take into any count the rest of you, your leisure pursuits, health, age, family situation. All of which are far more important than just your personality.

It also doesn't take into account that just because an area has a lot of people with a similar personality to you doesn't necessarily mean you will make more friends and be happier. You may be happier in an area with fewer people with shared personality traits or even happier in an area where the majority of people are of a totally opposed personality type.

NotTooOld Wed 22-Apr-15 22:56:13

I did one for DH. Apparently he is totally neurotic and should be living in somewhere that I can't remember on the east coast with all the other neurotics. That would be why I am having a gay old time with like minded people in North Somerset - the other side of the country. I'd better now do a quiz to see why DH and I are obviously totally incompatible!

Greyduster Wed 22-Apr-15 17:43:22

Craven, apparently, is where I would be happiest, somewhere near Skipton. Well, as a Yorkshire person, I am always happy to be in the Yorkshire Dales, but not for the rest of my life. It would drive me bananas!

loopylou Wed 22-Apr-15 17:27:46

So did I jingl.....I certainly haven't been told that before grin!

NotTooOld Wed 22-Apr-15 17:18:34

Sedgemoor for me in North Somerset but where I live now is also 72% satisfactory, so I won't bother trekking down to Zomerset. Worst place for me, like lots of others, is the Outer Hebrides. It can't be all that bad there, can it? What do the natives think?

janerowena Wed 22-Apr-15 12:13:56

But the reason it gave me for moving to the 'place which shall not be named' wasn't because I would find other people there like me, but because I wouldn't. The reason given was that I would find huge satisfaction helping them to be more organised. grin Now that really would be my worst nightmare.

janerowena Wed 22-Apr-15 12:12:18

Oh yes! Oxford! I was about to say, I was high in that too.

janerowena Wed 22-Apr-15 12:11:42

So where did it send you?

thatbags Wed 22-Apr-15 12:07:41

My highs came in conscientiousness and something else which I've now forgotten. I know I'm conscientious. Don't need anyone else to tell me that smile

janerowena Wed 22-Apr-15 12:01:05

Is that because they would like to send you all to the Baths there? Maybe they think you are neurotic hypochondriacs. grin

Pompa when we lived in Lincs we loved being called Yellow Bellies - it's nothing to do with cowardice! It's because the officers of the militia from that area used to wear bright yellow waistcoats.

South Holland - ooooh, wouldn't want to live there... Webbed hands and feet land! grin

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 22-Apr-15 11:54:49

And mine came up with Harrogate! Twins!!!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 22-Apr-15 11:54:10

Ok - I will confess since you have henetha. I scored really high on neuroticism. grin

henetha Wed 22-Apr-15 10:58:02

Apparently I am neurotic and should live in Harrogate! grin

soontobe Wed 22-Apr-15 09:21:46

Even my worst location is 70%. Presumably because I am a generally happy sort.

soontobe Wed 22-Apr-15 09:15:21

But it is has nothing to do with the geography or the nice or not area to live, has it?
This survey is all to do with the personalities and characteristics of the people living there already.
It assumes that we want to live next to people like ourselves.

thatbags Wed 22-Apr-15 08:56:34

Apparently I should live in Oxford. I did. For twenty years, half my adult life so far!

FlicketyB Wed 22-Apr-15 08:56:15

I got West Lincolnshire. Heaven alone knows why. It is on the A1 and equidistant from both DC, one of whom lives just of the A1 in Hertfordshire and the other in York, but I know the area and pleasant though it is, it is absolutely not an area where I would want to live.

However the area I actually live in suits me perfectly and only scored 6 points behind West Lincolnshire. My current location caters for my social and cultural interests. It is 10 miles from Oxford, which is where I have always wanted to live, but cannot afford, and in a rural location where I can walk for miles without going near a road or car. The nearest suitable area was the adjacent local authority area which had the same score as my current home.

Riverwalk Wed 22-Apr-15 08:46:26

It's Dumfries and Galloway for me smile. I'm checking-out Rightmove.

South Holland is the worse place - I've never heard of it so that's OK!

pompa Tue 21-Apr-15 20:20:10

I tried it a second time, now it send me to North Lincs on the banks of the Humber. This suits me fine as it is exactly where my family lives.

rosequartz Tue 21-Apr-15 20:19:56

The BBC can't spell any more.

Have you looked at the sub-titles lately?

Ana Tue 21-Apr-15 20:17:29

I'm supposed to move to the Wirral, but it would only give me 5% more life satisfaction so I don't think I'll bother!

It annoyed me that they spelled 'introversion' wrongly all the way through...(intraversion).

rosequartz Tue 21-Apr-15 20:09:37

The best place for me would be Craven, but that is only 2% above where I live now, so, presuming removal costs to be about £15,000, I will stay where I am!

Apparently the nearest 'best place' for me would be Bath. I love Bath but probably couldn't afford to move there.

rosequartz Tue 21-Apr-15 20:04:31

I wish I was back in sunny Devon smile
Where it rains six days out of seven!

hildajenniJ Tue 21-Apr-15 20:03:52

Best place for me is Cherwell, Oxfordshire apparently! I have never been to Oxford!
Worst place for me to live is Scarborough, I like Scarborough! I have had some lovely holidays there. Oh phooey!!!

merlotgran Tue 21-Apr-15 19:41:36

I've done it three times and they keep trying to send me oop north.

Too cold. I'm a nesh southerner.