Gransnet forums

Competitions

Competition: Win £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of Tiger Days. **NOW CLOSED**

(262 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 30-Aug-16 15:06:56

At Willowgate House, no day is ever dull for Tiger! Win a £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of this heart-warming tale about animals, adventure and the special relationship between a grandmother and her grandchild, by bestselling author Sarah Lean.

When nine-year-old Tiger Days stays with her grandmother at Willowgate House she never knows what might happen… new friends to meet, animals to rescue and problems to solve!

Tiger returns to Willowgate and discovers someone, or something, has been digging up plants, burying eggs and even taking socks from the washing line! And a mysterious tunnel has appeared under the shed… Tiger and her friend Tom turn detective - determined to solve the mystery.

Tiger Days has beautiful black-and-white illustrations throughout and is suitable for children 7+.

To be in with a chance to win a £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of Tiger Days, tell us what makes your relationship with your grandchild special.

Can't wait? Purchase your copy of Tiger Days on Amazon or from all good booksellers, and find out more about the author Sarah Lean on her website.

Download an extract from chapter one of Tiger here.

This competition closes at midday on 14 November 2016.

ItsDavid Sun 13-Nov-16 11:47:42

The way my granddaughter laughs at me and says ' You're funny Grandpa'

tonycarbone Sun 13-Nov-16 11:00:25

Lovely seeing them grow up!

pootlepops Sun 13-Nov-16 07:27:46

Having identical twin girls as grandchildren, I feel especially blessed!... I look after them a couple of days a week when their mum is at work, and, though very tiring , it's mega fun, and, keeps me young! lol... We love going for walks, 'collecting' things from our 'adventures' ( leaves, conkers, flowers, etc) !Labelling them, and, putting them in 'Our Walks' scrapbook !! It's fun looking up the names of the various items, and, educational too! ...

DimensionAEB Sun 13-Nov-16 01:00:35

Watching my grandson grow and that point where I could actually have a conversation with him was so heart warming for me.

Slimsonik Sat 12-Nov-16 22:47:09

I love my grand kids and would do anything to spend more time with them. They are the joy of my life ?

Humph Sat 12-Nov-16 21:33:17

My grand daughter is just 4 months old and I feel that we are just starting to bond. I feel we will both mature together and share our learning experiences

toodles60 Sat 12-Nov-16 19:13:09

My grandson is all i have left of my daughter after she died at xmas time last year aged just 33 unexpectedly. I can say all the great things that are true of most grandchildren. Kind, keeps me young and the fun i have with them. But the main thing for me now is that a piece of my daughter is still alive in the world and I know he will grow up to make her proud.

jt75 Sat 12-Nov-16 19:01:23

Having a similar sense of humour.

GrammySu Sat 12-Nov-16 18:00:34

Our grand-daughter Alice is only 10 weeks old and we love her dearly. She was a fabulous surprise to us all after a lot of heartache for my daughter and partner involving IVF and miscarriage. My husband bonded instantly with her and now spends time dancing round the room showing her the basic dance steps and moves including quickstep - lockstep etc. This seems to induce sleep and relaxation all round! We are looking forward being around for quite a few more years and sharing our love of nature and simple things in life.

leanfun Sat 12-Nov-16 07:46:43

Our five year old GS has been coming to our house from a baby and when his Mum went back to work we looked after him. So he took his first steps in our house. He has his toys and it's lhis second home. His Mum is so hyperactive that often he likes to come and just chill out. We miss seeing him so much now he is in school. His face lights up when we pick him up.

petra81 Sat 12-Nov-16 06:54:38

I am always available for him and I listen to him all the time. Once a month we have our special time when I take him to cinema, theatre or just fish and chips shop

debndave999 Sat 12-Nov-16 05:55:28

I have a very close relationship with my granddaughter, maybe its because i play games like hide and seek, and scary monsters.

gran1 Fri 11-Nov-16 14:25:38

going to grandchildren's parties - real parties all about having fun

sweetlittlrtriffid Fri 11-Nov-16 11:25:57

I love the unconditional love that my grandchildren give me, they are always happy to see me and lift my spirits if I'm feeling down. I love the cuddles and the kisses, these are precious, even my 12yr old soon to be teenager grandson will still give me a kiss! I know, unbelievable ? Their zest for life is uplifting and to have an ounce (or should I say 28grams haha) of that makes my day! ????

Plainjaney Fri 11-Nov-16 09:52:56

I adore my 4 gorgeous grandchildren. I love to have them all to stay and play
Momma's house. ????

sweir1 Thu 10-Nov-16 20:09:27

I love being able to help my kids out by looking after their kids

LittleT08 Thu 10-Nov-16 10:58:55

Aria would love this

greig23 Thu 10-Nov-16 05:47:50

the time we spend together is special, we love watching films together a once a week we choose a film and have popcorn and drinks and enjoy the film together- we have been doing it for 30 years and it never gets boring

Dessallara Wed 09-Nov-16 20:58:21

Love to books

antheaholloway Wed 09-Nov-16 18:59:50

I love playing board games with my granddaughter and grandson and they know that I will always find time to play with them. I only have to walk into the sitting room when they are there and, sure enough, a game is already set up and a chair for me too!

susantrubey Wed 09-Nov-16 13:03:17

I have waited forty years for a little girl, and now I have an amazing horse mad tomboy. I love her to bits.

kamoc Wed 09-Nov-16 12:07:00

just spending every day time with them makes our relationship better each day

saranna Tue 08-Nov-16 20:14:24

My granddaughter and I have really bonded over animals. She is very direct & I had to laugh the other day when she told me I was a natural and didn't try to hide my creases - I know it was a compliment ... but still!!

Cailin7 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:49:24

Just spending time together having fun, we laugh a lot.

beckyinman Tue 08-Nov-16 15:08:35

Just being there for all the fun things and not having to stress about the sleepless nights. Plus we go swimming together on a Wednesday afternoon so that is something special just between us