Gransnet forums

Competitions

Why do you travel? Tell us for the chance to win a £300 voucher *NOW CLOSED*

(515 Posts)
LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 10-Sep-18 11:40:37

Why do you travel? What drives you to venture far from home and see sights you've never seen before?

Collette have spent the last 100 years taking people all over the world, and along the way they've learned that travel isn’t about the places you go. It’s about you and your reasons for going.

And everyone has different reasons. They can be big - a promise to a loved one, fulfilling a lifetime goal. But they can also be small - the blue water in Capri or the cuisine in France.

The reason doesn’t have to be happy for the trip to be important and fulfilling. In fact, the most powerful reasons probably won’t be. But they will be personal, deep, meaningful and maybe even surprising.

As the longest-running tour operator in North America, Collette has provided guided travel for 100 years. With trips to all seven continents, Collette’s guests fulfil their deepest travel aspirations in a variety of ways with travel styles that are diversified to suit every traveller’s personal style.

So, for the chance to win a £300 voucher, tell us - what's your reason for travel?

Please post your entries by 11am 24 September. Usual T&Cs apply.

You must be a registered Gransnet user to enter. Sign up to Gransnet HERE.

Clairescottshug95 Wed 26-Sep-18 08:17:59

Mine is quite simple, we travel to see family. We are spread out so we all travel around to see each other, it’s lovely to catch up and spend time together and means we get to explore different areas around our beautiful country at the same time smile

Lakota Tue 25-Sep-18 18:13:15

Beauty, excitement, art, nature, I just love seeing how the rest of the world lives and I am not great at lounging around on a beach. We normally return exhausted from our holidays but it's well worth it!

angela121262 Mon 24-Sep-18 11:02:58

I love to explore different cultures , see new environments, and sample different foods and experiences. It broadens the mind after all!

willywombat Mon 24-Sep-18 10:59:24

As the saying goes ' to broaden the mind'.

franjess2000 Mon 24-Sep-18 10:26:58

It's all about the food for me. I love to go and try new flavours and then attempt to recreate the recipes at home - not always successfully though lol

molly57 Mon 24-Sep-18 10:19:57

I travel to see the world and all its glories.

lizdavies Mon 24-Sep-18 09:47:00

I travel to extend my view of the world from direct experience and to see life ‘out of the box’ of familiarity and comfort zones.

joot Mon 24-Sep-18 09:46:27

I travel because i like to see different places while i still can. Four different walls where ever they are is good for the soul.

caygijan Mon 24-Sep-18 09:22:45

I travel because of the excitement of going to different places, and I get a break from being at home and also because I'm not getting any younger I'm doing it while I can!

greensmith68 Mon 24-Sep-18 09:10:46

i travel because i love to see different cultures experience new foods and meeting new people plus when my self and hubby were younger we never got the chance and i want my family to experience what we never did

cathyov Mon 24-Sep-18 08:37:52

Travelling is an adventure and a chance to escape into a different part of the world for a while.
I have got an ambition to visit Australia one day as my best friend emigrated there a few years ago to be with her family and would love to visit her

djpmullen Mon 24-Sep-18 08:10:12

To experience different cultures, which can be a shock sometimes,see their way of life,enjoy their company,Vietnam is my favourite destination.

snare Mon 24-Sep-18 07:33:27

to broaden my mind and experience different things smile

bex552 Mon 24-Sep-18 07:31:46

Easy! I travel to learn and broaden my mind! A rest too!

Mummyb23 Mon 24-Sep-18 07:26:56

I like to travel to spend quality time with my family nothing better, then exploring new countries together.

karenbrady Mon 24-Sep-18 06:43:44

I enjoy having something to look forward to and when I get there I enjoy the moment and just trying to blend in

joannec1234 Mon 24-Sep-18 06:05:36

I travel because I love experiencing different cultures & trying local foods. I love knew scenery, experiences & meeting new people

jackier333 Mon 24-Sep-18 03:31:59

The thrill of exploring new and different places.

jamielmdjs Mon 24-Sep-18 01:56:13

to spend some quality time with the family, get some sun, and relax.

TwiddleDee Mon 24-Sep-18 01:30:37

I travel for the pleasure of having adventures in new, exciting and beautiful places and enjoy immersing myself in different environments and cultures, creating memories to cherish.

Mekayb Mon 24-Sep-18 01:18:11

I travel to experience different cultures and visit places of historical significance, would be a shame to stay where I am my whole life, my parents never got to experience travel and I like to try and visit places my mum and I used to chat about.

Pretenna Mon 24-Sep-18 01:13:47

I travel to get away from everything and just relax, unfortunately I don't get to go as often as I'd like!

sue55 Mon 24-Sep-18 01:03:39

We flew for the first time in our forties and since then have tried to visit quite a few countries while we are still healthy enough, the reason we travel is to see some of the beautiful places in the World and we have met some very interesting people. Our favourite place so far is Australia

GeorgeW Mon 24-Sep-18 00:31:46

I like exploring different cultures and tasting their food!

MilliePW Mon 24-Sep-18 00:31:15

I travel a lot with work but I always try to take time out to enjoy some of the sights and sounds wherever I am.